Reviews Categories | Speakers for communications use | Radio Shack External Speaker 19-318 Help

Reviews Summary for Radio Shack External Speaker 19-318
Radio Shack External Speaker 19-318 Reviews: 5 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $19.99
Description: This mini extension speaker is optimized for voice frequencies and is ideal for use in your car with handheld CBs, scanners, walkie-talkies, and FRS (Family Radio Service) radios. The speaker enhances voice intelligibility, even under high-noise conditions, and can be mounted above or below your dashboard, on your visor, or anywhere in your vehicle. Includes 10-foot cable with 3.5mm plug.
More info: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102467

You can write your own review of the Radio Shack External Speaker 19-318.

N5TGL Rating: 4/5 Apr 4, 2010 10:58 Send this review to a friend
Small size lets you mount it anywhere  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is a communication grade speaker. It is not designed for Hi-Fi, so if you bought this tiny 4" speaker for room filling sound, you made a bad choice! :) It specifically has a narrow 700 - 10,000 Hz response, so that's why it sounds like it does. Personally, I don't believe the 10,000Hz rating, it doesn't sound like it gets up that high, and I wish it had a touch more high end. It's small enough to drop into a cup holder, and really punches through road noise. I use this every morning on my commute and it works great. My IC-208H is easily able to push audio to earsplitting levels. My only problem with it is that it is a bit peaky in the midrange, but then that's what it's designed for. I wouldn't buy this for hours of listening at home, it's bound to lead to some auditory fatigue.

Not available from rat shack anymore, but you can find them on ebay for ~$10.00.

KG4YMC Rating: 0/5 Jan 5, 2010 18:33 Send this review to a friend
speaker review  Time owned: more than 12 months
I broght one of these cause it was cheap, and thoght with my ncg mod 7 21 50 that I had mounted in an old cabinet it would project sound better than internal speaker. If you wear hearing aids and have a high freq, hearing loss ,this thing sounded like a tin can or old 60s am 4 transister radio . Don't waste your money. I went to a consigment store and brought an old computer speaker for 2 dollars, sounds great . save your money. anybody want to get a cell phone ? contract? radio shack good grief can you say loser/ kg4ymc ok may be ok for mobile if desperate, but if can get bigger speaker get it , or good set of hearing aids.

KC2OHP Rating: 3/5 Jan 5, 2010 16:51 Send this review to a friend
Well its small  Time owned: more than 12 months
I guess if you need a really small external speaker this will due. If you have a blocked bottom firing speaker, this speaker might sound better. I just bought it because it was cute, I assume most others have done the same. My radios' built in speakers sound better than this.

KB2VYZ Rating: 3/5 Jul 1, 2009 21:06 Send this review to a friend
It's OK  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Build quality is good, and the size is great for small spaces, but the sound is real pinched. I use this speaker in my Ford Explorer, and the stock speaker on my Yaesu FT-7800R sounds much better, I just could not get enough volume from the radio, because of where it sits.

KI6UNL Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2009 20:49 Send this review to a friend
Great Speaker  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased this speaker to install inside my Honda Accord. I was able to place this speaker between the Headrest and the Seat between the head rest mounting rods. This is a great place and can hear the person's voice loud and clear. The sound is crisp and clean. I would recommend this speaker.