Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | Custom RF Solutions - SPE Expert 1K-FA Help

Reviews Summary for Custom RF Solutions - SPE Expert 1K-FA
Custom RF Solutions - SPE Expert 1K-FA Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $3995
Description: Fully Automatic Linear Amplifier 1.8-50 MHz Solid State

You can write your own review of the Custom RF Solutions - SPE Expert 1K-FA.

GW4PJQ Rating: 4/5 Jun 22, 2015 07:29 Send this review to a friend
Good but  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have repaired many of these amps and although the amplifier section is excellent I have reservations about the ATU in them. All I will say is don't pay big bucks for the MK1. Even the UK importer is reluctant to take a MK1 in PX for another amp. That says it all. However if you bypass the internal ATU and use a Palstar auto atu externally it makes a great combination.
N2OGK Rating: 5/5 Jan 15, 2009 11:40 Send this review to a friend
Small, light, auto 1K AMP Great Company Support!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I sold my Tokyo Hy-Power amp because it didn't have a built in tuner and bought this fully automated AMP SPE 1K-FA which is now connected to my Elecraft K3 and is controlled by the PC and the radio. So I have auto band changing and ALC. The AMP has a built in Auto tuner and it is all solid state, small and VERY quite. All I do is click on a DX station in HRD and the radio and amp tune to the freq. When I shut off the K3 the amp goes off too. SPE is now represented by Custom RF solutions. Bill, K0ZL is amazing to say the least. He walked me through from the purchase and import process, which only took 2 weeks, to the set up and testing. He built the custom cable for the K3 and HRD to work together. He emails me frequently to see how the AMP is working! His knowledge and commitment to the hobby is second to none. I highly recommend the product and company they simply over deliver!