Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | LDG IT-100 Help

Reviews Summary for LDG IT-100
LDG IT-100 Reviews: 43 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $180
Description: The LDG IT-100 is the new tuner for your IC-7000. It replaces the venerable AT-7000, adding push button control, LED status indicators and faster, quieter tuning.
Specifications:
* 1 to 125 watt power range (SSB and CW), 100W on 6M
* 2000 memories for instantaneous band changing.
* Power rating 6M (50 to 54 MHz): 100 watts
* Controlled from Icom Tuner button on radio.
* Compatible with any Icom radio that is AH-4 or AH-3 compatible.
* Compatible with: 7000, 706 (all), 703, 718, 746 and 756 (all).
* Tuning time: 0.1 to 6 seconds full tune, 0.1 seconds memory tune.
* 1.8 to 54.0 MHz coverage. Built-in frequency sensor.
* Tunes 4-800 ohm loads (16-150 on 6M), 4-3200 ohms with optional 4:1 Balun.
* For Dipoles, Verticals, Vs, Beams or any Coax Fed Antenna.
* Ready to use with included 1 foot radio interface cable and 1 foot coax jumper.
More info: http://www.ldgelectronics.com/products.php?cID=1

You can write your own review of the LDG IT-100.

K6MTS Rating: 5/5 Jul 3, 2014 20:29 Send this review to a friend
Perfect Match  Time owned: more than 12 months
Going on 2 yrs mobile with IC7000. Just push tune button on 7000 and wala, in a split second or a few seconds in some cases you are dialed in and ready to go. Also run the YT100 on the 857D in the other mobile. Not quite as slick to operate as the Icom, but both have been quick to tune and trouble free. Highly recommended!

G4LZU Rating: 2/5 Apr 28, 2014 03:28 Send this review to a friend
Will not tune end fed antenna properly.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have a IT 100 with a Icom IC7100.
I purchased the tuner to tune a EZ end fed antenna.
The antenna incorporates a 9 .1 balun and should tune easily with an external tuner.
All users of the EZ Antenna say it tunes from 160m to 6m with a low SWR.
Not the IT 100!
It will not tune 160 or 80m bands annd the best it can achieve on 40m is 2.5 . 1
If you have an end fed antenna don't buy the IT 100.

N2UBP Rating: 4/5 Mar 31, 2014 19:47 Send this review to a friend
Read the manual before purchasing  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the LDG IT-100 for use with my Icom IC-7100. It seems to do a respectable job matching the radio to either of my antennas, a Hustler 5BTV vertical and a home built 80 meter dipole. All the ads for this tuner suggest it was a good choice for a 100 watt radio. What the ads didn't mention was that LDG only rates the tuner for 30 watts with digital modes. You only find this out once you dig into the manual. If you use more than 30 watts output for digital modes you might want to look for a different tuner.

VE7TJL Rating: 5/5 Mar 23, 2014 14:29 Send this review to a friend
4 years, hasn't missed a beat  Time owned: more than 12 months
Tunes just about anything within reason. Does it quickly. Never caused me any problems. Documentation gives you all kinds of info - cable pinouts for example.

Been using it with my 706mk2g as a base station for the past 4 years without a hitch. Strongly recommended.

K1QF Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2014 07:20 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use this tuner with my IC-7000. It works quickly and flawlessly - a perfect match for my small Icom. Unfortunately I previously purchased an Icom AT-180 which is expensive, large, and not anywhere near as efficient. I recommend it highly.

G8JUT Rating: 4/5 Jan 13, 2014 03:30 Send this review to a friend
mine even tunes 4meters  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
connected it to my ic7100 and it did the job,seems to tune anything.even tuned my 50mhz beam to 70mhz.
needed to use the tune button on the it100 though.
as the tuner/cal. button on the 7100 does not connect with the tuner on 70mhz

GI0LGV Rating: 5/5 Nov 12, 2013 06:55 Send this review to a friend
VERY PLEASED  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this to use with my ICOM IC-7200. The tuner comes with a short interface control cable. So it is really "plug and play".
For many years I have been using home brewed tuners.
The IT-100 matches into my horizontal loop from 80m up up to 10m. It even matched the 80 metre loop on top band!
When doing a full tune the relays do chatter but not loud enough to disturb my wife.
Hugh. GI 0 LGV.

VK2FSTU Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2013 08:33 Send this review to a friend
What more do you want.  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a little beauty, never fails and never complains. Simple, efficient and worth the dollars spent.

M1CXF Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2013 03:41 Send this review to a friend
Does its job well  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I was so happy with the performance of my IT-100 in my portable set up I bought another for use in my shack. If I had not been 100% happy I would not now own two!!!!

WA3HVR Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2013 07:32 Send this review to a friend
Lazy man's dream  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My trusty Ten Tec 229B is a great tuner and I will not part with it. That being said, if I am not using my amplifier, this IT-100 is superb. It tunes my G5RV on 60 meters which is no easy task.
Now the tuner button on the IC 7000 actually does something. Planning to try remote operation and this should make that possible on all hf bands. Great job, LDG.