Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | LDG IT-100 Help

Reviews Summary for LDG IT-100
LDG IT-100 Reviews: 54 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $180
Description: The LDG IT-100 is the new tuner for your IC-7000. It replaces the venerable AT-7000, adding push button control, LED status indicators and faster, quieter tuning.
Specifications:
* 1 to 125 watt power range (SSB and CW), 100W on 6M
* 2000 memories for instantaneous band changing.
* Power rating 6M (50 to 54 MHz): 100 watts
* Controlled from Icom Tuner button on radio.
* Compatible with any Icom radio that is AH-4 or AH-3 compatible.
* Compatible with: 7000, 706 (all), 703, 718, 746 and 756 (all).
* Tuning time: 0.1 to 6 seconds full tune, 0.1 seconds memory tune.
* 1.8 to 54.0 MHz coverage. Built-in frequency sensor.
* Tunes 4-800 ohm loads (16-150 on 6M), 4-3200 ohms with optional 4:1 Balun.
* For Dipoles, Verticals, Vs, Beams or any Coax Fed Antenna.
* Ready to use with included 1 foot radio interface cable and 1 foot coax jumper.
More info: http://www.ldgelectronics.com/products.php?cID=1

You can write your own review of the LDG IT-100.

K2JF Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2016 12:28 Send this review to a friend
Works well for me  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have a 10-20 OCF dipole on my roof. I also have the Icom 7300 with it's internal tuner. The internal tuner does well with 20 and 17, but miserable with 15, struggles a bit with 10 and cannot even get near on 40. I cannot get up the roof again to do any serious antenna trimming so have to rely on the tuner. When I had my Pro III that internal tuner allowed me to operate all bands 10-40 - quite remarkable. So I thought I would give the IT-100 a try but didn't really expect much. Well, it is tuning all bands 10-40. Yes, even 40 meters on an antenna cut for 10-20. It doesn't require a power supply as it gets power from the radio.

KC0BTS Rating: 0/5 Aug 27, 2016 19:36 Send this review to a friend
Junk and terrible customer service  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Mine went belly up after 4 months of very limited use. You call the 800 number for customer support, and it tells you to send an email. That goes into the ether, and maybe they'll get back to you. They don't. Finally I got a snarky message back (after having to contact HRO to light a fire under them). So I sent back the piece of junk, they got it back to me after a month, and it still doesn't tune my 40m antenna. Elmer loaned me a manual Kenwood, and am able to tune everything with that. I understand equipment breaks ... It happens. The kicker here is the terrible customer service. LDG is all good if you don't have a problem. I won't be buying another of their products, ever.

N9VMO Rating: 4/5 Jul 15, 2016 17:15 Send this review to a friend
Great performer, AWesome Customer Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought my IT-100 four years ago for my IC-706 to replace an ancient Dentron Jr. Monitor.

Out of the box it worked flawlessly in tuning up a homebrewed AS-2259 and a Cushcraft R-7 on both ham bands and on MARS frequencies. Replaced the AS-2259 with a G5RV and it still worked as advertised except on 15m and 17m. For some reason, when the antenna was wet 17m wouldn't tune. When the antenna was dry, 15m didn't want to tune. No great loss as the bands were dead due to really poor propagation. Replaced the R7 with a TD-90 and again, flawless performance. Was even able to get on 160m.

Two years later I bought an IC-7200 to replace the tired 706. Again got flawless performance...that is until a couple of days ago.

Was working 20m and it tuned just fine, tried 10m and again tuned up as usual. Went back to 20m and it wouldn't tune. Tried all of the other bands and got the same results, just chattering relays and high SWR. Seeing that it was two years out of warranty I decided to open the case and found a badly scorched ferrite so I thought I was in the market for a new tuner.

On a whim, I decided to email LDG (Dwayne) to see how much it would cost me to have it repaired. Much to my shock, he notified me that the only thing I would have to pay for is shipping the unit back to the factory, even with it being out of warranty. You don't find that kind of customer service anymore ANYWHERE!

They have a life long customer in me and I will recommend them to anyone that is looking for an auto-tuner.

The ONLY reason that I am giving this a 4 is that you can only run 30 - 35 watts on digital.

KK5R Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2016 15:18 Send this review to a friend
Does what it is supposed to do  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I just reread the LDG Manufacturer's page on the LDG-100 tuner and discovered something I'd missed before. Tapping the Tune button will take the tuner out of the circuit and allows the transmitted signal to bypass the tuner. Also, another tap and it's back in circuit once more. I had not seen this before. Seems that I missed this nicety. Sure saves moving the coax jumpers around if I want to bypass the tuner.

I got my LDG-100 as a gift with option to buy. I offered the friend the money he mentioned before but was told to go ahead and use it to see if it works. It does. I'll not be paying the full price of a new one and this makes it an even greater bargain.

So far, it does everything I've asked it to do with my IC-718 and then some. It takes a few seconds longer when using an antenna not designed for a particular band I'm on but it will tune to it. This is a better guarantee that the 718 is putting out the power it's supposed to on that band and not shutting itself down to only a few watts to keep the finals intact. Ham Radio peace of mind is the result.

KB5IJ Rating: 3/5 Mar 11, 2016 15:37 Send this review to a friend
Pretty good tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am using this tuner between my Icom IC-9100 and a 70' off center fed dipole. I wanted an external tuner that would tune up a few bands that the IC-9100's internal tuner couldn't quite handle (80m, 17m, 12m), and the IT-100 easily tunes those bands to 1:1. However, on a couple of bands which the IC-9100's internal tuner easily tuned to 1:1 (40m and 15m), the IT-100 can barely get below 2:1! In fact, the SWR on those bands is only slightly higher when using NO tuner. That is a mystery to me. Add to this the fact that I cannot bypass the IT-100 to use the internal tuner of the IC-9100, unless I disconnect the interface between the tuner and the radio every time I want to work 40m/15m. All in all, this tuner gets the job done, but has me already thinking about upgrading

AD1ET Rating: 5/5 Jun 17, 2015 12:49 Send this review to a friend
Good Price - Good Tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Brand new to this tuner. One quick note, bypass mode still requires less than 30 watts max for digital. No break there. I am using this on a Butternut HF6V. Tunes all bands, 10m, 12m, 15m, 17n, 20m, and 40m without difficulty. Struggles with the very sharp resonances on 75/80m. I am using a manual MFJ to get the 75/80m impedance close, less than 2.5:1 and then let the LDG finish. I realize this does nothing to improve the power but it keeps the LDG out of bypass.

W2NER Rating: 5/5 Apr 21, 2015 14:21 Send this review to a friend
See for yourself, its a great tuner  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Had two of these and both worked great! My first one I sold (big mistake) so I purchased another one. Had no problems tuning on 160, 80, 40 or any other band. I was using an 160 meter end fed. I also tried this on my 160 dipole with the same results.

VE3OLH Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2015 15:13 Send this review to a friend
excellent unit  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have used the LDG IT-100 for 6 months with my Icom IC7000 and it is a perfect match. Love it and the fact you can use the rig's tune button instead of the tune button on the tuner. Lightening fast the second time around on the antenna and frequency. Buy it you will love it!! Cannot fault it for any reason whatever.

KQ4KK Rating: 4/5 Dec 4, 2014 15:17 Send this review to a friend
100 W SSB ONLY  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
It is a great 100 watt SSB/CW tuner. Read the spec's. It is only good for 125 watts SSB/CW. It is limited to 30 watts PSK31!

That means in a full power mode like PSK31, RTTY or DSTAR HF VOICE you CANNOT RUN MORE THAN 30 WATTS MAX.

More than one It-100 has been burned up trying to run 100 watts DSTAR HF Voice.

KK8ZZ Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2014 14:28 Send this review to a friend
ZAP ! AND IT'S TUNED!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Used the IT-100 with the IC-7000 for several years and now with the IC-7100 Always matches, nearly instantly once it has the freq memorized the first time. Hams having "problems" with it might want to make sure the tuner, as well as the rig, is properly grounded. This stuff doesn't always like RF floating around aimlessly..... KK8ZZ