Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | LDG IT-100 Help

Reviews Summary for LDG IT-100
LDG IT-100 Reviews: 43 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $180
Description: The LDG IT-100 is the new tuner for your IC-7000. It replaces the venerable AT-7000, adding push button control, LED status indicators and faster, quieter tuning.
Specifications:
* 1 to 125 watt power range (SSB and CW), 100W on 6M
* 2000 memories for instantaneous band changing.
* Power rating 6M (50 to 54 MHz): 100 watts
* Controlled from Icom Tuner button on radio.
* Compatible with any Icom radio that is AH-4 or AH-3 compatible.
* Compatible with: 7000, 706 (all), 703, 718, 746 and 756 (all).
* Tuning time: 0.1 to 6 seconds full tune, 0.1 seconds memory tune.
* 1.8 to 54.0 MHz coverage. Built-in frequency sensor.
* Tunes 4-800 ohm loads (16-150 on 6M), 4-3200 ohms with optional 4:1 Balun.
* For Dipoles, Verticals, Vs, Beams or any Coax Fed Antenna.
* Ready to use with included 1 foot radio interface cable and 1 foot coax jumper.
More info: http://www.ldgelectronics.com/products.php?cID=1

You can write your own review of the LDG IT-100.

K3LUE Rating: 4/5 Feb 4, 2013 11:39 Send this review to a friend
Update  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
A few weeks after writing the review below, there has been an improvement. I used the MFJ for some time and it worked well but let's face it, it wasn't auto tune. I contacted Dwayne at LDG, who btw, would respond very quickly, even on weekends. Since this was still under warranty, he advised me to send it back for work. Before doing that, I gave it one more chance. I reapplied power that I had disconnected for about 2 weeks (I had done this before and found no change) and forced a tune which LDG allows in the circuitry. Low and behold, 15 meters decided to tune around 1.2 which it would do before only this time, instead of keeping grinding away, it stayed on the 1.2. I used if for a period of time, changing freq and bands and it seems to be ok again. What changed it the meantime I not sure but it's working as it did before. Fingers crossed but I did want to set the review straight that I had written in Jan. I would have opted for the straight 5 rating had it not been for the hiccup but it should be noted that LDG did suggest, work with me, and was willing to get it back and work on it. Service is something we all should value.

NW0LF Rating: 5/5 Dec 16, 2012 16:31 Send this review to a friend
Best bang for the buck.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this for my backup rig-ICOM 706- while my TS-850 is out for a check up. I first saw this at field day. Someone had it on a 706 Mk2G and it was our 20 meter station. It was a great performer. It is not near as noisy as some mentioned. It is a little noisier than my TS-850 ATU but it tunes fast and flat. I've used it on 20M and 40M so far on my home brew 40M OCF up at 33 ft in an inverted V configuration. It sits under the 706 and is unnoticeable until I have to tune. I am very happy with it. I will be back in a year with a follow up review.

73's Tom, NW0LF

AC4WY Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2012 08:31 Send this review to a friend
Just works.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm using the IT-100 with my IC-7200 and the thing works like a charm. Press the tune button, it tunes (in a hurry), story over.

N3UFJ Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2012 18:49 Send this review to a friend
Fine Business!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My 17 year old MFJ 949E Versa tuner II finally crapped out so I got this tuner today.
Out of the box, set up for my IC-718 was a snap, Instruction booklet was well written and very easy to understand.
I am using an Alpha-Delta DX-EE up about 35 feet
and this unit has found a 1.5:1 match from 7.025
thru 29.000 which I could not do with either the
AT on the TS-200 or the MFJ.
At this point it far exceeds my expectations
and was $$$ well spent.
I will update this in a few months if things
change, otherwise I feel its a solid performer.

Tom French N3UFJ

WA7K Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2012 15:00 Send this review to a friend
Works great with IC-7000!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Use this in my portable/emergency setup. I have a 1/4 wave 20m vertical & that is resonant with 1.2SWR on 20m & 1.8SWR on 40m. With this tuner it brings all bands from 6m to 160m into tune. Initial tune takes about 2 sec. and afterwards hitting the tune button on the IC-7000 is almost instant. A great product & interfaces well with the IC-7000.

NV7SY Rating: 5/5 Aug 29, 2012 09:15 Send this review to a friend
This is a WINNER !!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have an Icom IC-7200 feeding a 35 foot G5RV antenna that is sloping from 35 to 10 feet. This tuner will tune this compormise antenna from 6 to 80 Meters, from low end of the CW band all the way thru the upper end of the SSB bands with absolutely no problems. I didn't try 160 because I don't use it. It only takes a couple of seconds for the initial tune, then after that, it is almost instant.

I highly recommend this tuner.

SM6XUN Rating: 5/5 Aug 10, 2012 07:07 Send this review to a friend
A gem..  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This AT is a lot quieter than my previous LDG AT-200pro and seems slightly faster too.
Blends in with IC-7000 and is a great companion to my current IC-7200 where it is sitting on top using a small tie down (not over the fan inlets..)

If this tuner canīt match your antenna, you probably should not transmit on it anyway.

VK3AWF Rating: 5/5 Aug 9, 2012 21:29 Send this review to a friend
Tunes mobile multiband brilliantly  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just installed this with IC-7000 under driver seat of my 4WD. It sits on top of the TXRX secured to it just with velcro strap, still leaving vent space between. It tunes a multiband whip (Famparc) mounted on bullbar from 80m to 10m perfectly, as long as I re-tune each QSY. I still use the Famparc 'patchcord' to select bands, as simply setting it up on 80 and relying on the IT-100 does not make as good a match. This tuner makes the difference between my antenna installation being marginal/unusable on some bands and almost perfect matches (all better than 1.5:1 SWR)across bands.

W6DPS Rating: 5/5 Apr 10, 2012 14:33 Send this review to a friend
Great tuner!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This worked great right out of the box. In matching a stealthy fan dipole this the center up 30 feet, the lower element ends up 8 feet, and three pairs of elements--it did a really fine job. I have lelements for 10, 20, and 40 meters, and these bands, plus 17 and 30, tune up fine.

I have been using a manual tuner for years, and decided to try an auto tuner. I am using it with the IC-718 that I bought specifically for field day, and it behaves as advertised.

For some reason this antenna will not tune up on 15 meters, but that was true with themanual tuner as well.

I am very happy with the tuner so far.

NN5I Rating: 5/5 Feb 29, 2012 19:52 Send this review to a friend
Superb equipment, amateurish manual.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been using the IT-100 in a motor home for a while now. I'm delighted with the device, but unimpressed with the user manual, which contains some errors and omissions. My manual is Rev. A.

For example, in the next-to-last line on page 8: "the IT-100 will blink once to indicate it is in bypass mode". Actually, as stated elsewhere in the manual, it blinks three times.

In the table on page 12, it says "SWR LED comes on solid" when a good match is found. Well, it does, but then after abot two seconds it goes out, which is not mentioned in the manual. This confused me for a time.

The manual also ought to mention that a common PC keyboard/mouse extension cable can be used to extend the very short control cable supplied. Saying so would have added no cost at all to the production of the manual.

My only other cavil is that there is no provision for mounting the IT-100 in a vehicle. I'll fabricate a mount, but I would have preferred to find one in the box, or to purchase a mounting bracket if reasonably priced.

These are minor complaints. The tuner functions extremely well, and I am delighted with my purchase. I recommend it highly.