Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | LDG IT-100 Help

Reviews Summary for LDG IT-100
LDG IT-100 Reviews: 43 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $180
Description: The LDG IT-100 is the new tuner for your IC-7000. It replaces the venerable AT-7000, adding push button control, LED status indicators and faster, quieter tuning.
Specifications:
* 1 to 125 watt power range (SSB and CW), 100W on 6M
* 2000 memories for instantaneous band changing.
* Power rating 6M (50 to 54 MHz): 100 watts
* Controlled from Icom Tuner button on radio.
* Compatible with any Icom radio that is AH-4 or AH-3 compatible.
* Compatible with: 7000, 706 (all), 703, 718, 746 and 756 (all).
* Tuning time: 0.1 to 6 seconds full tune, 0.1 seconds memory tune.
* 1.8 to 54.0 MHz coverage. Built-in frequency sensor.
* Tunes 4-800 ohm loads (16-150 on 6M), 4-3200 ohms with optional 4:1 Balun.
* For Dipoles, Verticals, Vs, Beams or any Coax Fed Antenna.
* Ready to use with included 1 foot radio interface cable and 1 foot coax jumper.
More info: http://www.ldgelectronics.com/products.php?cID=1

You can write your own review of the LDG IT-100.

WR0F Rating: 5/5 Feb 2, 2012 18:59 Send this review to a friend
I read the previous reviews 1st  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well after reading the reviews on Eham I decided to purchase the IT-100 tuner to go with one of my IC 7000's .
What we found is it quickly found a match on all bands 6 - 80 meters on my Butternut HF9V
This is definitely a plug and play installation with the Ic 7000 with only a short coax jumper to go between the radio and tuner needed.
Ease of operation is a plus and a well written manual is included. Warranty is 2 years .

N5RDN Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2011 03:44 Send this review to a friend
Good tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use it in the shack with a IC-718, and run it in the mobile now and then. I made up a separate power connector and use it for QRP rigs. With a 4:1 balun it can tune just about anything. I'm very happy I bought one.

KH7QT Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2011 17:17 Send this review to a friend
Great Tuner...Reasonable Price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Like the review below, I also recently purchased an IT-100 from HRO. With their current pricing, it's about the same price as what used ones are going for.

This tuner works FB on everything I've tried so far. It takes a moment the first time on a particular band, but goes right to it after that. I like the compact size, too. I was going to start looking for an AH-4, but decided to save the $$ and go for this one.

N2MVV Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2011 17:47 Send this review to a friend
I love it!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I rely heavily on the reviews on this site. The reviews have been extremely helpful to me in purchasing ham radio gear.

I recently purchased the IT-100 from HRO at a discounted price with free shipping. This tuner pairs perfectly with my Icom 718 and Buddistick antenna. It easily tunes the Buddistick 10-40 meters and allowed me to get on some bands that I could not easily tune due to the radial wire of the antenna. Also, I was eligible for a free Balun through LDG so I couldn't go wrong.

Looking forward to using this tuner with my rig for a long time matching it up to various antennas.

KF9ZA Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2011 04:32 Send this review to a friend
Great tuner. Very satisfied  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased an Icom IC-7000 HF/VHF/UHF Amateur Radio tranceiver. I also bought a LDG Electronics IT-100 Antenna Tuner. I planned to run my IC-7000 in my SUV mobile. I had a limited amount of space under the dashboard. I had enough room for the radio under there, but not enough room for the IT-100 tuner. I decided the best place for the tuner was the center console of the SUV. Only one problem. The supplied LDG interface cable is only 14" long. I needed about 3 and 1/2 feet from the back of the radio to the plug in of the IT-100. The LDG instructions that came with the radio say they only supply the one type of interface cable. The instructions tell you how you can "homebrew" your own longer cable by buying a DIN connector and a Molex connector and get out your soldering iron. Now, personally I'm not that good with a solder iron. I have a hard enough time doing RF connectors, not the very tiny pins of a DIN & Molex connector.

I did a little Googling and found out that the LDG uses a common 6 pin DIN connector used for some computer keyboards. In fact I found out that the "Cables To Go - 29613 - 6ft Ultima PS/2 M/F Keyboard Extension Cable" is a cable used for extended length for keyboards. It has the same DIN connector as the LDG. So....I ordered it from Amazon.com. I hooked it up to the LDG tuner....and it worked perfectly !! So, I connected the LDG Interface cable to the keyboard extension cable. I used some radio shack heat shrink tubing to shield the exposed metal where the male LDG connects with the female end of the extension cable. In addition I used three small tie wraps to tie the male and female connection together.

Love my new radio. Love how the LDG tuner tunes up on everything. Even got it to tune up 12 meters on my 15 meter ham stick. Also, love the fact that I didn't have to do the extra soldering that would have been really, really frustrating for this old ham. All for only $8.50.

Here's the link to the Amazon page for the cable: http://sk4.us/nvGAWb

KD4SBY Rating: 4/5 May 10, 2011 06:24 Send this review to a friend
Very Good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought this tuner for my IC-718. Works great and is easy to use with this radio. The only reason I did not gave it a solid 5 is that the status blinking of the Red LED is a little too fast for my taste. I would have liked it a little slower to be able to read it better. But others might find it OK.

K4FMH Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2011 17:05 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought this to pair with an original model Icom 706 and got the wiring harness to power/control it with the '706. It fits right on top with a snug fit. It's tuned random wires, a MMD 17 end-fed dipole, and a G5RV throughout 80-10 meters just fine. It won't get 160M on the G5RV for some reason but that's not a knock from my end. It's very quiet as auto-tuners go!

KA8BYU Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2011 18:38 Send this review to a friend
IT-100  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a fantastic tuner, bought it to go with my ic-718 simple to operate using the tune button on the 718, tunes my 20m dipole and my mp-1 superantenna vert with ease

N3ETA Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2011 11:02 Send this review to a friend
Great addition for IC7000  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I pick up the IT-100 to go with my Icom IC 7000
and it works great, looks great and fit under the 7000 like it was an Icom accessory. It's about as simple to use as you could make it. Its as fast as the built in tuner on my 756 ProIII and it will tune in an antenna that the ProIII tuner can't quite get. Much better than the built in tuner on the IC-703 Great addition to your 7000 or 706. Well worth the money.
N3ETA

KL7JD Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2011 13:39 Send this review to a friend
VERY IMPRESSIVE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just got the LDG IT-100 for my 706 MKIIG. The antenna is a fan dipole for 20,40,and 75 meters, up only 25feet. It tuned everywhere on those bands very quickly, so I kept going up the bands tuning as I went. To my amazement, it also tuned 30,17,15,12,10,AND 6 meters!!! Off a little dipole!!! I am VERY impressed. For the money, it CANNOT be beat. Nice job LDG.