Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | LDG IT-100 Help

Reviews Summary for LDG IT-100
LDG IT-100 Reviews: 46 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $180
Description: The LDG IT-100 is the new tuner for your IC-7000. It replaces the venerable AT-7000, adding push button control, LED status indicators and faster, quieter tuning.
Specifications:
* 1 to 125 watt power range (SSB and CW), 100W on 6M
* 2000 memories for instantaneous band changing.
* Power rating 6M (50 to 54 MHz): 100 watts
* Controlled from Icom Tuner button on radio.
* Compatible with any Icom radio that is AH-4 or AH-3 compatible.
* Compatible with: 7000, 706 (all), 703, 718, 746 and 756 (all).
* Tuning time: 0.1 to 6 seconds full tune, 0.1 seconds memory tune.
* 1.8 to 54.0 MHz coverage. Built-in frequency sensor.
* Tunes 4-800 ohm loads (16-150 on 6M), 4-3200 ohms with optional 4:1 Balun.
* For Dipoles, Verticals, Vs, Beams or any Coax Fed Antenna.
* Ready to use with included 1 foot radio interface cable and 1 foot coax jumper.
More info: http://www.ldgelectronics.com/products.php?cID=1

You can write your own review of the LDG IT-100.

VK3AWF Rating: 5/5 Aug 9, 2012 21:29 Send this review to a friend
Tunes mobile multiband brilliantly  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just installed this with IC-7000 under driver seat of my 4WD. It sits on top of the TXRX secured to it just with velcro strap, still leaving vent space between. It tunes a multiband whip (Famparc) mounted on bullbar from 80m to 10m perfectly, as long as I re-tune each QSY. I still use the Famparc 'patchcord' to select bands, as simply setting it up on 80 and relying on the IT-100 does not make as good a match. This tuner makes the difference between my antenna installation being marginal/unusable on some bands and almost perfect matches (all better than 1.5:1 SWR)across bands.

W6DPS Rating: 5/5 Apr 10, 2012 14:33 Send this review to a friend
Great tuner!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This worked great right out of the box. In matching a stealthy fan dipole this the center up 30 feet, the lower element ends up 8 feet, and three pairs of elements--it did a really fine job. I have lelements for 10, 20, and 40 meters, and these bands, plus 17 and 30, tune up fine.

I have been using a manual tuner for years, and decided to try an auto tuner. I am using it with the IC-718 that I bought specifically for field day, and it behaves as advertised.

For some reason this antenna will not tune up on 15 meters, but that was true with themanual tuner as well.

I am very happy with the tuner so far.

NN5I Rating: 5/5 Feb 29, 2012 19:52 Send this review to a friend
Superb equipment, amateurish manual.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been using the IT-100 in a motor home for a while now. I'm delighted with the device, but unimpressed with the user manual, which contains some errors and omissions. My manual is Rev. A.

For example, in the next-to-last line on page 8: "the IT-100 will blink once to indicate it is in bypass mode". Actually, as stated elsewhere in the manual, it blinks three times.

In the table on page 12, it says "SWR LED comes on solid" when a good match is found. Well, it does, but then after abot two seconds it goes out, which is not mentioned in the manual. This confused me for a time.

The manual also ought to mention that a common PC keyboard/mouse extension cable can be used to extend the very short control cable supplied. Saying so would have added no cost at all to the production of the manual.

My only other cavil is that there is no provision for mounting the IT-100 in a vehicle. I'll fabricate a mount, but I would have preferred to find one in the box, or to purchase a mounting bracket if reasonably priced.

These are minor complaints. The tuner functions extremely well, and I am delighted with my purchase. I recommend it highly.

WR0F Rating: 5/5 Feb 2, 2012 18:59 Send this review to a friend
I read the previous reviews 1st  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well after reading the reviews on Eham I decided to purchase the IT-100 tuner to go with one of my IC 7000's .
What we found is it quickly found a match on all bands 6 - 80 meters on my Butternut HF9V
This is definitely a plug and play installation with the Ic 7000 with only a short coax jumper to go between the radio and tuner needed.
Ease of operation is a plus and a well written manual is included. Warranty is 2 years .

N5RDN Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2011 03:44 Send this review to a friend
Good tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use it in the shack with a IC-718, and run it in the mobile now and then. I made up a separate power connector and use it for QRP rigs. With a 4:1 balun it can tune just about anything. I'm very happy I bought one.

KH7QT Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2011 17:17 Send this review to a friend
Great Tuner...Reasonable Price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Like the review below, I also recently purchased an IT-100 from HRO. With their current pricing, it's about the same price as what used ones are going for.

This tuner works FB on everything I've tried so far. It takes a moment the first time on a particular band, but goes right to it after that. I like the compact size, too. I was going to start looking for an AH-4, but decided to save the $$ and go for this one.

AE2K Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2011 17:47 Send this review to a friend
I love it!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I rely heavily on the reviews on this site. The reviews have been extremely helpful to me in purchasing ham radio gear.

I recently purchased the IT-100 from HRO at a discounted price with free shipping. This tuner pairs perfectly with my Icom 718 and Buddistick antenna. It easily tunes the Buddistick 10-40 meters and allowed me to get on some bands that I could not easily tune due to the radial wire of the antenna. Also, I was eligible for a free Balun through LDG so I couldn't go wrong.

Looking forward to using this tuner with my rig for a long time matching it up to various antennas.

KF9ZA Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2011 04:32 Send this review to a friend
Great tuner. Very satisfied  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased an Icom IC-7000 HF/VHF/UHF Amateur Radio tranceiver. I also bought a LDG Electronics IT-100 Antenna Tuner. I planned to run my IC-7000 in my SUV mobile. I had a limited amount of space under the dashboard. I had enough room for the radio under there, but not enough room for the IT-100 tuner. I decided the best place for the tuner was the center console of the SUV. Only one problem. The supplied LDG interface cable is only 14" long. I needed about 3 and 1/2 feet from the back of the radio to the plug in of the IT-100. The LDG instructions that came with the radio say they only supply the one type of interface cable. The instructions tell you how you can "homebrew" your own longer cable by buying a DIN connector and a Molex connector and get out your soldering iron. Now, personally I'm not that good with a solder iron. I have a hard enough time doing RF connectors, not the very tiny pins of a DIN & Molex connector.

I did a little Googling and found out that the LDG uses a common 6 pin DIN connector used for some computer keyboards. In fact I found out that the "Cables To Go - 29613 - 6ft Ultima PS/2 M/F Keyboard Extension Cable" is a cable used for extended length for keyboards. It has the same DIN connector as the LDG. So....I ordered it from Amazon.com. I hooked it up to the LDG tuner....and it worked perfectly !! So, I connected the LDG Interface cable to the keyboard extension cable. I used some radio shack heat shrink tubing to shield the exposed metal where the male LDG connects with the female end of the extension cable. In addition I used three small tie wraps to tie the male and female connection together.

Love my new radio. Love how the LDG tuner tunes up on everything. Even got it to tune up 12 meters on my 15 meter ham stick. Also, love the fact that I didn't have to do the extra soldering that would have been really, really frustrating for this old ham. All for only $8.50.

Here's the link to the Amazon page for the cable: http://sk4.us/nvGAWb

KD4SBY Rating: 4/5 May 10, 2011 06:24 Send this review to a friend
Very Good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought this tuner for my IC-718. Works great and is easy to use with this radio. The only reason I did not gave it a solid 5 is that the status blinking of the Red LED is a little too fast for my taste. I would have liked it a little slower to be able to read it better. But others might find it OK.

K4FMH Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2011 17:05 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought this to pair with an original model Icom 706 and got the wiring harness to power/control it with the '706. It fits right on top with a snug fit. It's tuned random wires, a MMD 17 end-fed dipole, and a G5RV throughout 80-10 meters just fine. It won't get 160M on the G5RV for some reason but that's not a knock from my end. It's very quiet as auto-tuners go!