Reviews Categories | Tools & Test Equipment for the amateur radio work bench | Fluke 87 V Multimeter Help

Reviews Summary for Fluke 87 V Multimeter
Fluke 87 V Multimeter Reviews: 13 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $$443.00
Description: digital multimeter
More info: http://us.fluke.com/usen/products/Fluke80SeriesV.htm?catalog_name=FlukeUnitedStates&category=HMA(FlukeProducts)

You can write your own review of the Fluke 87 V Multimeter.

N5LXI Rating: 5/5 Feb 14, 2017 17:06 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
It's a high-quality, made in the USA meter and a pro industry-standard. I have another Fluke, but need the micro-amp range this one has. It can measure anything and even the frequency counter is fine.

W9RKK Rating: 5/5 Feb 14, 2017 06:48 Send this review to a friend
Best all around DMM  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Fluke 87 V is more multimeter than I need but I wanted to spurge. I'm tired of the cheap multimeters that that either don't last or have questionable readings. Fluke multimeters are legendary for being rugged and accurate. What else could you want?

KE7IOD Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2011 20:39 Send this review to a friend
Great multimeter  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have countless multi-meter, each for a differn't task. I finally spent the $$$ on a Fluke, now that is all I use anymore. Occassionaly I will pull out my other multi-meters, but the Fluke is so much more accurate, easy to use, reliable, and the features are really slick and easy to use.
My only complaint is the cost of replacement fuses, couldn't find any locally, had to order them off the internet, roughly $10 per fuse.
I don't have an amp meter clamp for this meter yet, so I have to use one of my chinese meters to do amps

AI4WM Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2011 17:16 Send this review to a friend
Great all around meter  Time owned: more than 12 months
One of, if not, the best DMMs ever made. I use mine for work and amateur radio. I needed a good meter that would be accurate checking a.c. VVF drives and this is one of the few that can accurately measure the complex waveforms on the output of the motor controllers using the built in low pass filter. Not much use to hams, but a nice feature. Frequency counter is rather accurate and the relative setting and other features make for really fast and accurate readings when lead resistance and stray voltage must be zeroed out. I have all the accessory probes except the load resistor for induced voltage or stray voltage that is found when checking industrial power wiring. Biggest disadvantage to all DMMS is looking for a peak or null when doing some types of instrumentation. That must be done with a good old analog meter.
These meter work fine in high RF environments also and with the optional HV probe I find the meter with it's magnetic holder indispensible when working on commercial transmitters. The magnetic holder option is also a great advantage when working on rack mounted gear and inside control enclosures and more.

KG6WLS Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2010 11:09 Send this review to a friend
Wouldn't Use Anything Else  Time owned: more than 12 months
You get what you pay for. Period. Working in the electrical industry for almost 25 years, I don't use anything else for measurements. All in one package you get DC accuracy at Ī0.05%, auto ranging, true RMS, AC/DC Voltage, AC/DC current, frequency, and the list goes on. With the optional clamp on current probe, you have a very versatile tool.

If your only intent is to measure battery voltage and continuity on the work bench, this tool is not for you. Itís not a toy. If youíre serious, be sure to get one with the NIST certificate.

AE5EW Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2010 08:33 Send this review to a friend
Great Product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I haven't even used it yet. Received it on Monday from Amazon.com. US$292.50 and free shipping. Great specs. It was $60 more than a Fluke 179.
Well, to be honest, this review is based upon my previous experience and future expectations. I used a Fluke 8024B for two and a half decades with outstanding performance. It was well worth its weight in gold. Charles AE5EW

WC1I Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2009 10:02 Send this review to a friend
Absolutely top of the heap  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Best quality and build, best protection (for you as well as the meter), fast response, accurate, good feature set, good battery life. It literally doesn't get any better.

I wound up buying the 87 because Fluke currently offers a lifetime warranty on its upper-end, US-made meters. I could certainly have lived with, say, a 117, but for a difference in price of about $70 (found a great deal on Amazon), there was no way I was going to pass up on the better meter.

DL6EAT Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2009 13:03 Send this review to a friend
Simply one of the best!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Have you ever measured on running RF-circuits? Or with RF in your room? Hey, this can be very challenging! All these Chinese meters I owned are already sold today - 2 Fluke-meters replaced them all: The Fluke 117 and the Fluke 87V. Very RF-resistant meters with high precision and highly reliable. I'm more than pleased and can only recon them to anybody looking for something good - and if you really need to trust your readings!
They are both not super cheap, but well, what ever was super-cheap in my life was never good!
Regards from Germany folks!

Andreas, DL6EAT

N0ODK Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2009 17:46 Send this review to a friend
Great meter  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned two 87-III and use my the model V often. I now own the FLUKE 289 also and shopping around for a FLUKE megger.
These meters take a beating, handle what I give out, and very rarely have problems with them. I highly recommend buying a FLUKE meter to a friend or fellow worker.

N7NSL Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2009 15:38 Send this review to a friend
N7NSL  Time owned: more than 12 months
I work in a hospital equipment repair depart that has 4 87's and 5 77's. We've been using the meters for many years(15+) without a single problem. They are used often and sometimes roughly. We are required to have their calibration certified annually and none of them have never required adjustment.
They are rugged and reliable DVM's. Wish I could afford one for home use but I end up buying the cheap overseas models.