Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Ron Baker - WB4HFN Help

Reviews Summary for Ron Baker - WB4HFN
Ron Baker - WB4HFN Reviews: 35 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Drake and Collins expert repair and restoration
More info: http://www.wb4hfn.com/

You can write your own review of the Ron Baker - WB4HFN.

KG6AQZ Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2017 10:23 Send this review to a friend
TR-7 repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
After 15+ years of great service, my trusty TR-7 began to act up.The digital readout ran wild rendering the radio unusable.Ron did a super repair but then the readout failed again.Ron found the trouble was a translator board which was replaced, solving the problem.He repainted the case a second time with like-new results.The TR-7 looks and acts like a new radio.A special surprise was the PTO.The smoothness is unbelievable and a pleasure to use.Overall, the radio looks to be good for another 15 years. Tnx Ron.

KK0DJ Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2017 09:59 Send this review to a friend
Old World Quality and Integrity  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Simply put, Ron knows how to do business and please his customers. It isn't just that he is a master at repair, no. It isn't just that his communications are terrific, no. It's not just the fact that he spends more time and effort than anyone else and gives that little bit more, no. Ron is a Ham that the world will miss terribly when is time to add SK to his call comes. There will not be another business that could take up where he ends... so Ron, here's to many more years of health and energy! My TR7 is just like it was when it came off the factory floor... in many cases better. Thank you for your quality, your integrity and your honor. 73 de KK0DJ

N9JCQ Rating: 5/5 Oct 4, 2017 06:19 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Experience!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I asked Ron to check out issues I had with my Drake TR7. He did a thorough job evaluating all the ills with the radio and made recommendations as how to get it right. He did a great job fixing and aligning the radio.

I have had it for 15 years and this is the best operating condition the radio has been in. He is very thorough and detailed. You can see why he gets the high marks he does. I would strongly recommend Ron for your repair work. You will not be disappointed.

KG6AQZ Rating: 5/5 Jun 23, 2017 11:57 Send this review to a friend
drake 2C  Time owned: more than 12 months
My Drake 2C needed some TLC after being used for 20+ years. Ron WB4HFN did an excellent overhaul and repair including painting the cabinet and face-plate cleanup. On air results were excellent. Much more sensitivity and amazing audio-the XYL took a look and listened and asked if I had bought a new radio!! I will be sending Ron more of my Drake equipment in the future.He delivers excellent results.Tnx Ron!

WU3D Rating: 5/5 Apr 11, 2017 08:59 Send this review to a friend
Great Tech  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Bought my Drake TR-4C and it needed some repair and TLC.
Sent it off to Ron WB4HFN and he did a wonderful job on it ! Came back looking like new and operating the same as new. I willl do buisness with him again. A great Technician !!
Thank you Ron !!

N4EMG Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2017 17:13 Send this review to a friend
Drake L7 repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ron repaired a second/third hand Drake L7 amplifier that had been heavily (and improperly) modified when it was under the care of the previous owners. Eventually those mods failed and I asked Ron if he would look at it for me. I now have a properly working amplifier that I feel confident to use on a daily basis. Ron accommodated my travel schedule on more than one occasion, making repairs while I was working in a neighboring state. His repair rates are extremely reasonable and I have been very pleased. It's humbling to see some of the examples of Ron's restorations. When reviewers say that Ron returns their equipment as good as new, if not better, I believe them wholeheartedly, as I've seen the results firsthand.

I've emailed Ron with questions on weekends and received replies promptly. You won't find anyone better.

WG9I Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2017 11:02 Send this review to a friend
Drake TR-4C Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent my non transmitting Drake TR-4C to Ron for repair & the full service option. My rig returned looking & performing like new. Turn around time was extremely fast & pricing was surprisingly modest. I highly recommend Ron Baker WB4HFN for your Drake repair or service.

AF5U Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2017 14:07 Send this review to a friend
Don't Pass Him Up  Time owned: months
See my review of my Drake TR-4. Ron WB4HFN was my pick to do a refurbish of my Drake. It came back from him in fantastic condition both physically and functionally. It really does look like new and the power output is just like new. Ron is honest, communicates, and gives you options. He is the real deal. I am so glad I found him. Today, I sent Ron a photo of the birth certificate Drake had attached to my rig at the factory on March 25, 1968 SN #27546. Ron simply gave my TR-4 a new lease on life dated Nov 2016. I rebuilt my power supply (AC-3) from a kit of parts.

WB2ZXJ Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2016 17:00 Send this review to a friend
Drake MN 2700 refurbish  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ron refurbished my 50 year old R-4A. After that, I asked Ron to work on a Drake tuner that I bought on eBay. It was mainly cosmetic (cabinet repainting...). It came back looking and working like new.

Highly recommended.

Barry
WB2ZXJ

W9JB Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2016 09:59 Send this review to a friend
Superlative restoration  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Ron did a great job restoring a long-stored TR4CW back to life . . . his "full service" option resulting in a virtually new transceiver in both appearance and performance. Highly recommended.