Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Ron Baker - WB4HFN Help

Reviews Summary for Ron Baker - WB4HFN
Ron Baker - WB4HFN Reviews: 33 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Drake and Collins expert repair and restoration
More info: http://www.wb4hfn.com/

You can write your own review of the Ron Baker - WB4HFN.

N9JCQ Rating: 5/5 Oct 4, 2017 06:19 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Experience!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I asked Ron to check out issues I had with my Drake TR7. He did a thorough job evaluating all the ills with the radio and made recommendations as how to get it right. He did a great job fixing and aligning the radio.

I have had it for 15 years and this is the best operating condition the radio has been in. He is very thorough and detailed. You can see why he gets the high marks he does. I would strongly recommend Ron for your repair work. You will not be disappointed.

KG6AQZ Rating: 5/5 Jun 23, 2017 11:57 Send this review to a friend
drake 2C  Time owned: more than 12 months
My Drake 2C needed some TLC after being used for 20+ years. Ron WB4HFN did an excellent overhaul and repair including painting the cabinet and face-plate cleanup. On air results were excellent. Much more sensitivity and amazing audio-the XYL took a look and listened and asked if I had bought a new radio!! I will be sending Ron more of my Drake equipment in the future.He delivers excellent results.Tnx Ron!

WU3D Rating: 5/5 Apr 11, 2017 08:59 Send this review to a friend
Great Tech  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Bought my Drake TR-4C and it needed some repair and TLC.
Sent it off to Ron WB4HFN and he did a wonderful job on it ! Came back looking like new and operating the same as new. I willl do buisness with him again. A great Technician !!
Thank you Ron !!

N4EMG Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2017 17:13 Send this review to a friend
Drake L7 repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ron repaired a second/third hand Drake L7 amplifier that had been heavily (and improperly) modified when it was under the care of the previous owners. Eventually those mods failed and I asked Ron if he would look at it for me. I now have a properly working amplifier that I feel confident to use on a daily basis. Ron accommodated my travel schedule on more than one occasion, making repairs while I was working in a neighboring state. His repair rates are extremely reasonable and I have been very pleased. It's humbling to see some of the examples of Ron's restorations. When reviewers say that Ron returns their equipment as good as new, if not better, I believe them wholeheartedly, as I've seen the results firsthand.

I've emailed Ron with questions on weekends and received replies promptly. You won't find anyone better.

WG9I Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2017 11:02 Send this review to a friend
Drake TR-4C Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent my non transmitting Drake TR-4C to Ron for repair & the full service option. My rig returned looking & performing like new. Turn around time was extremely fast & pricing was surprisingly modest. I highly recommend Ron Baker WB4HFN for your Drake repair or service.

AF5U Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2017 14:07 Send this review to a friend
Don't Pass Him Up  Time owned: months
See my review of my Drake TR-4. Ron WB4HFN was my pick to do a refurbish of my Drake. It came back from him in fantastic condition both physically and functionally. It really does look like new and the power output is just like new. Ron is honest, communicates, and gives you options. He is the real deal. I am so glad I found him. Today, I sent Ron a photo of the birth certificate Drake had attached to my rig at the factory on March 25, 1968 SN #27546. Ron simply gave my TR-4 a new lease on life dated Nov 2016. I rebuilt my power supply (AC-3) from a kit of parts.

WB2ZXJ Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2016 17:00 Send this review to a friend
Drake MN 2700 refurbish  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ron refurbished my 50 year old R-4A. After that, I asked Ron to work on a Drake tuner that I bought on eBay. It was mainly cosmetic (cabinet repainting...). It came back looking and working like new.

Highly recommended.

Barry
WB2ZXJ

W9JB Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2016 09:59 Send this review to a friend
Superlative restoration  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Ron did a great job restoring a long-stored TR4CW back to life . . . his "full service" option resulting in a virtually new transceiver in both appearance and performance. Highly recommended.

WB2ZXJ Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2016 14:54 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ron is the ultimate Drake service person. He is an excellent technician, and communicates every step of his work.

I am the original owner of this Drake R-4A SN#3978 (bought it ~1965 with money from my newspaper route). It served me greatly when I was first licensed. As life moved on, the Drake was moth-balled. Almost 50 years later I decided to resurrect the radio. I was going to clean it up myself -- but decided it really deserved more TLC.

Ron restored it to "better?" than new.

Highly recommended.

Barry
WB2ZXJ

KK4HCF Rating: 5/5 Oct 27, 2016 09:43 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Experience  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I had looked for a TR-4C for years and finally found one that looked promising to put back on the air. Delivered to Ron for repair/refurbish, etc. His attention to detail, experience, and obvious love for his work was evident in the finished product. What a great experience with him; and he freely shares his knowledge of Drake equipment. Professional and courteous.
Highly recommend him for any of your Drake repair/refurbishment needs.