Reviews Categories | Receivers: General Coverage | Grundig Traveller II Help

Reviews Summary for Grundig Traveller II
Grundig Traveller II Reviews: 2 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Analog travel version by Grundig. Offers intermittant 5 shortwave bands with AM/FM. Foldout back support. No dial light, which makes listening at night very difficult. Foldout world time zone map with dial timer set for domestic time and world time. Easy to program, easy to set, and easy to use. Has Humane Alarm system. Manufactured early 1990's.

You can write your own review of the Grundig Traveller II.

LIGHTFOOT44 Rating: 2/5 Aug 1, 2012 18:57 Send this review to a friend
update on Grundig Traveller II PE  Time owned: more than 12 months
After using this portable for 2 years plus, I'm still rather disappointed with the reception. It pulls in very strong shortwave stations fairly well, but any station less that super powerful, just isn't picked up much at all. I have 2 of these radios, and both are the same, so I assume it's a built in defect of this model. The FM is also less that desirable, as even some of the strong stations are not clear enough to listen to. Both of my Traveller II PE models are the same in this respect also. I love the leather travel case,and I love the world time feature, but I expect better shortwave performance than this radio delivers.

OLLIEOXEN27 Rating: 4/5 Jul 17, 2009 23:01 Send this review to a friend
Not Bad  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got a couple of these refurbished on Amazon for $5 each plus shipping. Audio is good though somewhat bassy which eliminates hiss. Many shortwave stations come in well and the swivel antenna really needs to be retracted some to reduce the signal. AM works fine and on FM I've received some stations I have trouble separating using an S-350. The only downside I've found is the volume control slider of the side of the radio that's hard to control.