Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | AES Service Help

Reviews Summary for AES Service
Reviews: 9 Average rating: 3.8/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: AES Service Dept Milwaukee WI

You can write your own review of the AES Service.

AA9RN Rating: 5/5 Jul 21, 2011 21:26 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: months
WOW Miles sure does a great job at AES. Had problems that occured on and off on my Kenwood.Miles took a look at it and it took like a week to find the problem.The hardest thing was finding a board because of the Japan earthquake he could not get a new board sent for a long time.So he searched the web and did some research and got me a board. He had many hours on this thing.I thought I might be able to buy a new one at the cost of this repair.But when the final price came I was stunned at how low it was. Great job and I will go back to AES and Miles again.

KB9MRK Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2010 09:01 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding customer service!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have dealt with Milwaukee AES for several years not only buying most all of my new hf needs, but also repair. I have sent in several used rigs from eBay and one Ameritron Linear. The linear was purchased on eBay and smoked and arced like an electrical storm when I plugged it in. After sending it in to AES, A week later it was operating like brand new, with several components replaced and a very reasonable price. Miles and the rest of the Techs that work there are very good at what they do, and very helpful on the phone as well. If I had a business and was looking for electronic techs they would all have a job...Very professional!! I have nothing bad to say about AES at all, From the free catalogs I always receive, the great sales staff, and fantastic service I highly recommend AES to anyone for all their Amateur Radio needs.

K9PLK Rating: 5/5 Oct 13, 2010 21:43 Send this review to a friend
OUTSTANDING  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent a rig in for repair Icom 707 had it back in 3 days ! They have a new man on board Amel ? I think this is how it spelled ! Great gentleman !

K9KEN Rating: 5/5 Jul 7, 2010 01:24 Send this review to a friend
MILES IS GREAT  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sent in my Yaesu FIELD MKV for a blown front end ! Talk about quick turn around time 4 days back from Milwaukee ! This is not the first radio I sent sent in a Kenwood TS 940 for the vco problem turn around less than a week ! Not sure what they will do when Miles retires ! HE IS THE GREATEST !

KP2BH Rating: 0/5 May 19, 2010 12:44 Send this review to a friend
AES ORLANDO STORE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
One month ago, I purchased from them online a brand new FT-950. Upon receiving the radio, the same day the radio was setup and connected, I started noticing that while receiving, the radios display in occasions would turn off completely for a few seconds and then turn back on, and you would also hear it reflected in the audio of the radio. At first I thought that this could be produced by a bad power supply, so I decided to replace the power supply for a New one. After replacing the PS, the problem persisted. I contacted Yaesu Technical Services, they indicated that this is not a known issue with the radio and that it is definitely not normal, and they recommended that I contacted the Retailer for a warranty Repair/Replacement being that this Radio only had 2 days of use.

I contacted AES and explained to the Mr. Miles (Technical Department Manager – Milwaukee Branch) and explained to him what was going on with the radio. He also found it strange and indicated that this shouldn’t be happening. He guided me through the process of doing a CPU Reset on the Radio, and specifically indicated that if this doesn’t correct the problem, then I should have the radio sent in and have it replaced being that the radio was brand new. He gave me the contact information for the Orlando Branch, and asked me to speak to Charity (Store Manager – Orlando Branch). I did contact her, she indeed told me to send in the radio and that they will have it verified.

Here is where are the bad customer service experience started. I was never contacted by them when the radio was received, two weeks later, I had to contact them only to find out that the radio was still at the store and that it wasn’t sent out to the technician because they were having problems with the person who transported the radios to and from the technicians location. I was told by Charity that she was going to arrange to have the radio sent to the tech and verified, and that she would contact me the following day to give me an update. I was never contacted by her, and after a week I decided to contact her again to verify the status on the radio, only to find out that she still did not have an answer towards the status of the radio. The following day, I received an email from Charity indicating that the radio was verified and that nothing was found and there for she was making arrangements to send back the radio VIA Priority Mail. A week after that passed, and the radio was not yet received, so I decide to call once again, to find out that the radio was not sent like they said it would be. She indicated that she tried contacting but couldn’t get a hold of me, which I think is ridiculous because I gave them 2 phone numbers and 2 email addresses, and I was never contacted. She indicated that the technician was having problems sending the radio through Priority Mail, because he didn’t have a USPS account and that they needed a Physical Address to have the radio sent out via FedEx, and that I should receive the Radio the following day. One week passed and still no radio.

At this point I am already upset, and frustrated. So I call Charity once again (yesterday) because I still didn’t have my radio. She indicated that she tried processing my credit card but it declined and that’s why they weren’t able to ship the radio. I was outraged, first of all because she never asked for authorization to process my credit card, and second of all because I had already paid the shipping charges for shipment of the radio, plus shipping charges to have the radio sent back, and also I had to pay shipping charges to have the radio sent back to me (every time I ship, the cost is $80.00 plus). I was upset because I was never told that I had to cover the shipping charges, and even more upset knowing that the technician didn’t resolve the problem with the radio… meaning that if I received the radio again, and the problem persisted, I would once again have to pay shipping charges to have it sent back. **NOTE** Charity indicated that the tech had the Radio in test for 4 days, fact that I really doubt and you would understand why throughout the email. She refused to have the radio replaced for a new one, she also refused to cover the freight charges on the radio… therefore refusing a satisfactory solution to a warranty issue on a 2 day old radio.

I was obligated to contact Tom Pachner, the regional Sales Manager of AES to express my situation to him. The solution they provided was to refund the money paid for the radio and that they would resell the radio as a Display Item. Note I still have not received my refund in return. This has completely changed my perception of their service, and has me very negative towards purchasing another Yeas Radio. I have expressed my experience to some of my Fellow HAM Radio Colleagues, and they are outraged by this situation, to such point where they have also decided to consider other Radio options, and definitely not use AES as a retailer. I think that situations like these give YAESU a very bad image, and as the parent company I hope that you take the steps to avoiding these kind of situations. As an experienced HAM Radio Operator, I have spent many years of monetary investment in equipment, and this is the first time I have received such a BAD SERVICE.

I bring to you my concern because I feel that this was disrespectful, very time consuming and at the end I was not satisfied by no means, and feel that AES as an authorized retailer of YAESU did nothing in their hands to try to help me. THIS IS ONLY IN THE ORLANDO STORE.

K9UHF Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2009 13:12 Send this review to a friend
Great sevice  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
AES and Miles have been very good to me. Thanks Miles

KT5T Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2009 12:57 Send this review to a friend
Icim 703 Plus Warranty Repair  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The radio arrived on Monday was repaired and shipped out the following Monday. The radio was repaired and works great.

KC8MCC Rating: 4/5 Feb 26, 2009 13:10 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sent my yaesu FT-840 to Miles in Milwaukee because the display on the radio was not working, also the recieve was not as good as when new.
I called a few days after I sent it to find out how much it would cost and how long it would take. AES was behind by a few weeks and said they would call when they knew.
When it was my radios' turn to be worked on, I was contacted, quoted a reasonable rate and had the radio back in perfect condition with double - boxed, UPS shipping.
I have dealt with AES's service department four times. They are easy to get in contact with, they do great work, have fast shipping, but more times than not they can't get to your radio right away.

VE3TMG Rating: 0/5 Jan 24, 2009 11:42 Send this review to a friend
very disappointed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very Disappointed with AES Service Milwaukee

I'm writhing this review to let other people know what they might expect if you send A radio to AES for repair.
I sent my Kenwood tS2000 to AES in Milwaukee WI to get fixed the 2m receiver was blown.Below is what I asked them to do.

#1 I didn't want my rig sent to Kenwood I wanted them (AES) to repair it,A friend of mine said they had good luck with AES,and I don't trust Kenwood.

#2 I wanted the radio shipped via USPS 3 to 5 day delivery.

#3 I wanted A tracking number e-mailed to me when the radio was shipped.

#4 I told them to clearly mark the shipping papers and or the box that this was A repair charge only and put the amount of the repair on the box.That way I wouldn't get over charged by Canada customs when the radio came back into Canada.

This is what The fine people at AES Milwaukee did.

#1 They sent the radio to Kenwood there excuse was they didn't have the software needed to align the radio after they replaced the receiver board.Sounds like A story to me!!
Yet they advertise they service what they sell. And I did purchase the rig from them.

#2 They did ship via USPS but not A 3 to 5 day delivery.The radio was shipped on Jan 12 I got the radio on the 22 of Jan.!!!! What part of 3 to 5 days don't they understand.

#3 After 2 e-mails and 2 phone calls no tracking number was ever given to me!!! Thank you very much AES !!!

#4 When the radio did arrive I had to cough up $249.00 Why so much you ask well they never stated anywhere in the shipping documents that this was A repair only!! So I had to pay Taxes on the value of the rig $1,500 US!!!
So I reiterate to anyone thinking of sending A rig to AES for repair to rethink it!!!
VE3TMG