Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | Diamond HF20FX Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond HF20FX
Diamond HF20FX Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $50
Description: 20m Mono-band Mobile Verticle
More info: http://www.diamond-ant.jp/ama2/eng_ama_2_1_7.asp

You can write your own review of the Diamond HF20FX.

IZ4YGS Rating: 5/5 Dec 18, 2016 05:50 Send this review to a friend
Always with me!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have this antenna since 2013 and I use it with a tri-magnetic base on the top of my car, running less than 100w with an IC-7000 earlier and an IC-7100 lately, I had some of the best experiences as mobile ham operator.
The same year during the CQWW SSB, among many others QSOs I had a short but intense QSO from Italy to Indonesia first and then to Kuwait. Ok we can say that during the CQWW the PROs aimed their fabulous yagis toward Europe and had a QSO with me IZ4YGS/Mobile, but this antenna really works!

Matteo

VK4FO Rating: 5/5 Aug 7, 2011 19:33 Send this review to a friend
Excellent quality whip.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased HF20FX and fitted to a 5/16" magnetic base using spring and adaptor. Little finicky to tune, probably because of spring and adaptor but, turned out great. 1.2:1 or less across the 20 mx band according to my RigExpert analyser and more than happy with on air tests.

VK7HDX Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2009 12:49 Send this review to a friend
Easy tuning  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Very easy to tune on 20m a couple of minutes and your done and ready to go. Best feature is its flexible tip at the top of the antenna for those low level car parks/tree branches.

73..Karl
VK7HDX

G1IVG Rating: 5/5 Jan 29, 2009 11:38 Send this review to a friend
20m mobile base loaded aerial  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The main reason I bought the HF-20FX is that it's only about 4 feet long and doesn't look to out of place on my car.

The Diamond is well made and after tuning the aerial for best SWR I have a usable band width of 14.125MHz to 14.275MHz without using any tuner. I run 100w from an Icom IC-7000 and had had QSO's in the last two weeks all mobile from central UK to K6, W8, ES, 9A, EW, AI, UT, DL and LZ. The best DX being K6YRA (5,380 miles or 8,657 Kms) So it looks like it works OK :)

Specifications.