Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Jetstream JTPS35BCM 35 Amp p/s battery backup Help

Reviews Summary for Jetstream JTPS35BCM 35 Amp p/s battery backup
Jetstream JTPS35BCM 35 Amp p/s battery backup Reviews: 6 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $ 129.95
Description: 35 AMP SURGE SUPPLY WITH BATTERY BACKUP
More info: http://www.jetstream-usa.com/powersupply.shtml

You can write your own review of the Jetstream JTPS35BCM 35 Amp p/s battery backup.

NZ0T Rating: 1/5 Jan 22, 2012 14:48 Send this review to a friend
Maybe I got a bad one  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got one of these supplies because I really like the battery backup feature. I have batteries in my shack for backup and this supply seemed perfect for my needs. I like the supply and it works great in all aspects except that it generates S9 hash all over the HF bands. This becomes even worse when I hook up the cables from the backup terminals in the back - they seem to act as an antenna increasing the hash level. The MFJ 4125 switching supply I have been using puts out no RF hash at all.

I'm sending it back to Cheapham at my own expense of course. Once they look at it and let me know what they can do I'll decide whether or not I want to try another Jetstream. If I do and if it works as it should I'll be back to report. Otherwise I'll let this review be a warning to others.

VA3MLV Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2011 21:24 Send this review to a friend
very nice  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ok first of all mine has the power switch on the back of the unit, second it is a really quit small unit that can fit anywhere. Got it brand new like most of my equipment so its working perfect still. Use it with my FT7800 vhf uhf rig that pulls 8amps, so its not even being tickled. Works great no problems. 73 Happy Holidays.

NV7E Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2011 05:08 Send this review to a friend
Great Power supply  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this model after owning the Jetstream JTPS45 switching power supply for a few years. That model works fine.

I have now converted all my equipment to the Anderson Powerpole system, so I opted for the JTPS35BCMA which supports it. Now I donít have to fuss with converter cables from the power supply to the Powerpole system.

It is supposed to be a switching power supply, but I can't find where it switches. Until I do, I will plug it into 117 volts a.c. Most buyers wonít notice this issue.

A feature I hardly considered when I ordered the JTPS35BCMA is the battery backup. I live in Africa, where there are frequent power outages. I have connected this power supply to a 50 amp deep cycle battery. It keeps my station on the air without interruption. When the regular a.c. power is functioning the JTPS35BCMA charges the battery. I like this feature so much that I ordered another of this same model. Because of this feature it would also be a good choice for DXpedition or Field Day.

5Z4EE

AB9SO Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2010 16:58 Send this review to a friend
Very Nice  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this after researching several supplies that had the battery backup feature. I chose this one because of options, size, and price.

I was a little hesitant on another switching type supply since my last one from another manufacturer was horrible (tons of hash and interference to all my HF stuff), but I am glad I chose this one.

I have the new model JTPS35BCMA which replaces the old model. The only difference is the new model has the Anderson Power Pole Connectors built in. A very nice feature!

Other things I like: The meters are large and nicely lit. There are several connections for multiple rigs and accessories. Best of all no birdies or hash on any of my HF gear!!

The only thing I do not like is that the power switch is in the back. I assume they did that for design reasons, but it is kind of a pain to get to. Other than that it has been a great supply so far and I am considering getting the 14 amp model with battery backup for my to-go kit.

ALCO141 Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2009 13:38 Send this review to a friend
nice power supply  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
i bought one of these as i wanted to have battery back up. i like the idea of having this charge the battery and be able to continue to operate while electricity is off. i am satisfied with this unit.
Alex
KC9PWT

WD0FIA Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2009 04:25 Send this review to a friend
Great product!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this to use in my camper, and run my TS-140, TM-721 and TM621 radios. It has been more than adequate, we have ran multiple radios in "key down" at the same time without taxing it. The battery backup feature works smoothly. It is reasonably in noise levels and "birdies".

My first unit did fail during warranty. R and L/Jetstream replaced it without an hassles. I was only out my time and $16 return shipping. The current unit has ran for 3 years without any problems.