Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | Diamond HF80FX Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond HF80FX
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $50
Description: 80m Mono-band mobile antenna
More info: http://www.diamond-ant.jp/ama2/eng_ama_2_1_7.asp

You can write your own review of the Diamond HF80FX.

VK7HAY Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2009 04:56 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After discussing this antenna with VK7HDX I decided to purchase one, aswell as the 10m version. I have decided I want the 40m and 20m version too!!!

So easy to tune. Just adjust the end "whippy" bit for your desired frequency. No tuner required!!! Also handy for those low garages or tree branches which snag the top of the antenna.

Recommend this to anyone and definitely worth the $95.

VK7HDX Rating: 5/5 Sep 6, 2009 05:24 Send this review to a friend
Just like the other Diamond whips  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I decided to try the 80m (3.5MHz) version because I have had a good run with the HF20FX (14MHz) and HF10FX (28MHz) on my mobile set up. And true to form the 80m version didn't let me down. Straight out of the plastic packaging and mounted on my Ute (RV) I decided to check the SWR using a MFJ antenna analyzer at 3.600MHz and it was 1:3:1 to start with so I just left it there and didn't play with it anymore. Even the 20m & 10M acted the same on its first tuning. Sure the SWR will go up if you stray along way form the original point but they are exactly what I want..

73.Karl
VK7HDX

G0VRM Rating: 5/5 Aug 15, 2009 15:03 Send this review to a friend
Update  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
A quick update - I managed to get this resonant where I wanted at 3.640MHz for the GB2RS net by winding about an inch of aluminium tape around the top of the coil to increase the capacitance to the car body!

I think the resulting 4/5 review about sums it up - I'd like this to work at 3.760 extended and 3.640 retracted then it would get 10/5!

73 de Andy G0VRM