Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | W8NET Amplifier Repair and Restore Help

Reviews Summary for W8NET Amplifier Repair and Restore
W8NET Amplifier Repair and Restore Reviews: 14 Average rating: 2.5/5 MSRP: $50.00/hr
Description: Specializing in 811A, 572B, 3-500Z amps, but also repair and restore many others.

Contact me with your project needs.

w8net@w8net.com

PH: 330-701-3951

More info: http://www.w8net.com

You can write your own review of the W8NET Amplifier Repair and Restore.

WD8BVL Rating: 0/5 Jun 23, 2012 10:40 Send this review to a friend
Stole my Amplifier  Time owned: more than 12 months
This guy stole my amplifier I sent him 2009. He will not return phone calls or e-mails. Will not sign for certified mail. I think I will have to sue him in Federal District Court for Wire Fraud. Do not do business with this man unless you want to lose you stuff.

NM6E Rating: 0/5 Feb 25, 2010 20:03 Send this review to a friend
Follow Up...  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
It's been two weeks since I wrote my last review.

I am up to 18 phone calls, 10-20 emails, 10 text messages and he doesn't return any.

He's gone rogue.

Keep your amps, avoid asking him to work on your amps.

There's no excuse for this type of treatment in our Ham Radio community.

N2DSE Rating: 0/5 Jan 23, 2010 06:00 Send this review to a friend
no amp no phone call no e-mail  Time owned: more than 12 months
this is not a the way things should be !! sent my 2100b 3mo ago >> Bad Bad Bad N2DSE

KB3TDF Rating: 0/5 Dec 3, 2009 16:37 Send this review to a friend
not reliable at all  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
We have been dealing with him since the summer. He has our amp and our money and all we have is promsies. The amp was supposed to arrive in time for a significant birthday and didn't. When it did arrive, it didn't work.

Whe we first contaced Gene, all of his reviews were enthusiatic and entirely positive. In recent months, however, something has happened. The old Gene sounded wonderful, but the new Gene is most certainly not. That is a pity.

W3PA Rating: 0/5 Dec 1, 2009 06:15 Send this review to a friend
Do not waste your time  Time owned: months
Not sure why e-ham keeps deleting our negative posts on W8NET.

Sent an AMP to W8NET early Sept 09, at first the communications worked fine, and then suddenly we hit a wall.
Miles (W8NET) would not return any emails, Phone calls or text messages.

Received the AMP back but only with the bad tubes, the good tubes where not shipped back.
Been trying to have W8NET return the tubes since mid Oct.

Very disappointed in W8NET service.

NI3F Rating: 0/5 Nov 30, 2009 18:06 Send this review to a friend
W8NET is not reliable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
W8NET is not at all reliable. We have been dealing with him since this summer. He sent us a defective amp and has yet to return our money--or the amp. Very disappointed.

W9OD Rating: 0/5 Nov 29, 2009 12:03 Send this review to a friend
I am not the only one to have problems with W8NET  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Others have contacted me. I sent amp to Gene, he had it for almost two months. I finally got him to send it back. He would not send it at first. Tried to talk me into fixing it. I am a fool for letting him talk me into letting him continue with it. The amp had power out on 160, 80, 40, and 20. He sent it back. Does not work at all now.

W3IQ Rating: 5/5 Aug 31, 2009 12:35 Send this review to a friend
This Guy is GREAT!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I took my AL80-A to Gene for a check-up to see if anything was getting on the weak side. I've owned the amp for 15 years now. He checked everything and kept me informed via Email of every step along the way. He made suggestions and together we made the decisions(this was very refreshing). After a one week turnaround, I have the amp back, and believe me, it is "LIKE NEW". If you need your amp repaired or restored, you need to talk with Gene first. He knows his amps and his work is top shelf. The cost of his repairs are very fair and he will tell you upfront what they are going to be.

KD0BCF Rating: 5/5 Aug 18, 2009 00:06 Send this review to a friend
Gene does great work!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I had Gene restore a Drake L-4B and I must say I'm
glad I did. Gene does great work, I sent him a mid 70's amp and he sent me back an amp that looks and works like new. I can't say enough good things about Gene. If you have an old amp that is in need of repair, look no further. Gene is fast and honest and will make your amp work like new or maybe even better.

W8YG Rating: 5/5 May 13, 2009 14:24 Send this review to a friend
Great service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Gene is good at what he does and he is easy to talk to and knows amps. I sent him an AL80B and it was fixed and back in shack in just about 8 days. It would have been sooner but he had to wait on a part from Ameritron.
I was amazed how he trouble shot a heath kit sb221 just from some very high detail pics I sent him over the internet. Oh and dont let the labor for hour give you woes. An experienced tech I have found dealing with Gene can do more with an amp in 1 hour than the average ham can in 3 days...LOL.
Oh I just shipped him the heathkit sb221 and when I get it back it will be running like it should.
Thank you Gene...GOOOD!!! JOB