Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | W8NET Amplifier Repair and Restore Help

Reviews Summary for W8NET Amplifier Repair and Restore
W8NET Amplifier Repair and Restore Reviews: 14 Average rating: 2.5/5 MSRP: $50.00/hr
Description: Specializing in 811A, 572B, 3-500Z amps, but also repair and restore many others.

Contact me with your project needs.

w8net@w8net.com

PH: 330-701-3951

More info: http://www.w8net.com

You can write your own review of the W8NET Amplifier Repair and Restore.

K7ABV Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2009 20:28 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Advice  Time owned: more than 12 months
Gene was very helpful, using E-Mail in helping me trace down a problem with an old 60"s vintage Drake L4B amp..Not only did he help find the problem, he also gave many suggestions on how to make this amp. last many years longer..I appreciate his expertise in the subject area and in every case, his reply was only a few hours away..now that is fast service for sure, If you need help with your amp. or just some good advice on how to care for your old amp. Gene is the man for you..I would recommend him anytime for you Linear Amp needs...

W4ID Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2009 11:44 Send this review to a friend
Not The average repair person!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I first met Gene on the 3905 Century Club while working on my 5BWAS. I have owned a Dentron Clipperton-L for a few months. I was browsing the Clippertons on Ebay and saw his ad and recognized his call as someone I had worked on 80M. I was really impressed with the quality of his work as shown in the pictures of the Clipperton-L he was selling. I decided to email and ask him a few questions about my Clipperton-L. We have since become good friends. I have found Gene to be very knowledgeable and honest. He sends lots of emails and does all he can to help and advise you on upgrades and installing parts for many types of AMPs. After talking with Gene and purchasing some of his parasitic choke assemblies and other parts, I began making a few modifications to my Clipperton-L. I have transformed it from what I thought was a temporary AMP into one I would not part with now because of it great performance. I recently purchased a Heathkit SB-220 that he has also been very helpful with. I have purchased parts and assemblies from him that were shipped quickly along with follow up emails and phone calls of help and advice. I highly recommend him to anyone needing help with repair or upgrades of your AMP.
Wayne W4ID

KK7PX Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2009 16:01 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service  Time owned: months
If you are looking to have your amp repaired or restored, Gene is the man to talk to. I have found him to be honest, reliable, very knowledgeable, and very reasonably priced. He restored a Dentron Clipperton-L and it looks and sounds better than new. He utilizes many of the Harbach and Measures ideas in his repairs/restorations. He is the only person I will let work on any of my amps. You will not be disappointed if you give him a try.

WA4YBP Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2009 09:55 Send this review to a friend
THP repair  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This guy is really an expert on repairing/renewing older tube amps. He just finished restoring an TOKYO-HI POWER HL-1K/A for me. This amp had several problems but he repaired this amp very professionally. He also did an outstanding job in refinishing the paint job on this unit. Now it work as good as new and looks even better than new. I highly recommend his services as he will keep you advised of every step that he takes as the repair is being completed. AAAPLUS! Greg-WA4YBP