Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | VX7R USB programming/cloning cable Help

Reviews Summary for VX7R USB programming/cloning cable
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $21
Description: programming/cloning cable with driver/installation CD. USB connector on one end, other end is the VX7R type connector.
More info: http://www.kawamall.com/cat_for_yaesu_vx7r.cfm

You can write your own review of the VX7R USB programming/cloning cable.

N6DLH Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2011 18:35 Send this review to a friend
Works Great!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have used this to program my VX-7R and about 3 HX370S marine radios. It works great, and the driver was easy to install. Went into device manager to see what com port it was assigned, once the VX-7R commander was told the com port programming went off without a hitch. It also works on the HX-370s Marine radio and the CE-68 software to enable the LMR option and program Ham Frequencies, Murs ect.

Overall very happy, will definatly buy some more stuff from them in the future.

K7STX Rating: 4/5 Mar 29, 2011 15:18 Send this review to a friend
Works well, but driver setup is a pain  Time owned: more than 12 months
This cable works very well with VX-7R commander by KC8UNJ. The only problem is finding a driver to get the Prolific chip inside to work with Windows 7. I finally found one that works for me at:

Download the driver and install the Vista driver. Once that is done, all of the programming options are available and seamless. This makes the VX-7R MUCH more useful.

WB5PDD Rating: 5/5 Feb 19, 2009 16:49 Send this review to a friend
It works  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was poking around the net trying to decide what I was going to use for a programming cable for my new VX7R. A USB cable without a bunch of adapters was my preference, but the typical $35 price seemed a little steep. I accidentally came up with this one.

I've never heard of the place, and was a little skeptical but went ahead and ordered. I was inmpressed ... it arrived (to SC) within 4 or 5 days. I installed the drivers, plugged it in and did a memory read from the VX7R, and what can I say ... it worked just fine using Commander software.

I am still trying to decide on how I want to configure the HT, so haven't done a memory write yet and can't comment on or verify that yet.

The ad copy lists a number of other radios that it will work with.

They also offer a speaker mic, also with the goofy VX7R connector, for $14 and I will probably give that a try.

Rick WB5PDD