Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | W2ENY Premium Headset Help

Reviews Summary for W2ENY Premium Headset
Reviews: 22 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $50.00
Description: PREMIUM Two Ear HEADSET
has Noise Canceling Boom Mic

by Bob W2ENY

You can write your own review of the W2ENY Premium Headset.

K2GT Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2015 20:20 Send this review to a friend
It Does the Job  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My IC-7600 is in a room with hard floors, nothing on the walls, and major echo in both transmitting and receiving. I tried a variety of mics including Heil and Icom and all got mediocre reports. No speaker worked, although headsets did, so I decided to try the W2ENY Premium Headset. Once I adjusted the 7600's mic settings, my problem was finally solved. It works very well.

K8DXX Rating: 5/5 Jun 21, 2015 19:32 Send this review to a friend
Great!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Unanticipated replacement for a lightly used Heil ProSet 5/HC5 which broke. Headphones are lightweight, comfortable and sound great. Microphone output to my new Yaesu FT-991 is high compared to the stock mic (which in and of itself, got good reports). Reports received on transmit audio have been very positive: pleasant/natural voice with good articulation. Supplied adaptor cables for Yaesu seem a bit light but are probably adequate.

Ordered late on 6/18/2015 and got it 6/20/2015. Good service!

KA8SBI Rating: 4/5 May 4, 2015 15:25 Send this review to a friend
Not bad  Time owned: more than 12 months
It works as advertised.It gets good audio reports.It sounds good to my ears. The only downside I have found, it does not have much sound deadening. If you contest alone it is a fine headset. If your multi multi in the same room you may need something better. overall I like it. It is the second one I've purchased

N2PD Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2014 21:13 Send this review to a friend
Excellent headset  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I use this headset with my Kenwood TS-830 and get glowing audio reports. Initially had a problem with RF feedback but Bob was very helpful in curing the problem. Great product, value, and excellent service.

K4HYJ Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2013 15:23 Send this review to a friend
works fine  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
For the money this setup is hard to beat. The headset audio is a little tin-nie and can cause audio fatigue after several hours of use - but hey, this isn't a studio quality piece.

The mic gets good reports - nice full audio. The adapters included for my FT-857D were very well made and should stand up to years of abuse.

KG8JF Rating: 4/5 Dec 6, 2012 04:19 Send this review to a friend
bad quality  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The only reason this is a 4 and not a 3 is due to the fact that he replaced a headset/boom mic set for free. The item was a real POS, unlike the first time I dealt with this seller. Before I buy anything else from him, I would like very much to talk with him, face-to-face regarding the quality of the stuff he sells.

K2YNY Rating: 5/5 Dec 5, 2012 17:06 Send this review to a friend
FANTASTIC  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The best money I have spent on any of my Ham equipment. Great audio reports for less the money. I get better audio reports from W2ENY's premium headset and boom mic them my MC-60 Kenwood mic

VK5SA Rating: 5/5 May 13, 2012 19:17 Send this review to a friend
Great value for money  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It arrived this morning, and I plugged it straight into my IC-706MkIIG.

My first contact (VK6ABS) using the new setup gave me an unsolicited comment that my signal was "broadcast quality" and asked me what microphone I was using.

My third purchase from Bob, and happy with all of them.

Chris

W6GX Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2010 20:26 Send this review to a friend
Works well for me!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've been using headset for 6 months. I also have the foot switch which works very well. This is a full-range headset that is better suited for ragchewing. For DX work I set my mic. equalizer to give it more high-end punch. The headset is very light and comfortable to wear for a long time. My radio is a FT-950 and I set the mic. gain at only 11 out of 100. On my stock mic. I set the mic. gain at 35-40, so the W2ENY headset requires very little gain possibly due to an impedance mis-match. In any case I get good audio reports and I'm satisfied with the performance. I also purchased two additional adapters so that I could use the same headset on other rigs that I don't own. This will come in handy on field day.

N4SRQ Rating: 4/5 Apr 28, 2010 13:41 Send this review to a friend
After further review ..  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
My earlier review below may have been a little misleading and I wanted to re-address a few areas where I fell short of giving a proper review. While I am still not enamored with the particular headset chosen I would like to add that W2ENY provides a total solution for a very reasonable price. That is often hard to find. My unit works with my radio. The PTT works perfectly and as I said earlier, the adapters are top notch. It would be a worthwhile purchase to those who don't wnat to mess with putting together their own ... and like I said, the price is right.