Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | W2ENY Premium Headset Help

Reviews Summary for W2ENY Premium Headset
Reviews: 19 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $50.00
Description: PREMIUM Two Ear HEADSET
has Noise Canceling Boom Mic

by Bob W2ENY

You can write your own review of the W2ENY Premium Headset.

N2PD Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2014 21:13 Send this review to a friend
Excellent headset  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I use this headset with my Kenwood TS-830 and get glowing audio reports. Initially had a problem with RF feedback but Bob was very helpful in curing the problem. Great product, value, and excellent service.

K4HYJ Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2013 15:23 Send this review to a friend
works fine  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
For the money this setup is hard to beat. The headset audio is a little tin-nie and can cause audio fatigue after several hours of use - but hey, this isn't a studio quality piece.

The mic gets good reports - nice full audio. The adapters included for my FT-857D were very well made and should stand up to years of abuse.

KG8JF Rating: 4/5 Dec 6, 2012 04:19 Send this review to a friend
bad quality  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The only reason this is a 4 and not a 3 is due to the fact that he replaced a headset/boom mic set for free. The item was a real POS, unlike the first time I dealt with this seller. Before I buy anything else from him, I would like very much to talk with him, face-to-face regarding the quality of the stuff he sells.

K2YNY Rating: 5/5 Dec 5, 2012 17:06 Send this review to a friend
FANTASTIC  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The best money I have spent on any of my Ham equipment. Great audio reports for less the money. I get better audio reports from W2ENY's premium headset and boom mic them my MC-60 Kenwood mic

VK5SA Rating: 5/5 May 13, 2012 19:17 Send this review to a friend
Great value for money  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It arrived this morning, and I plugged it straight into my IC-706MkIIG.

My first contact (VK6ABS) using the new setup gave me an unsolicited comment that my signal was "broadcast quality" and asked me what microphone I was using.

My third purchase from Bob, and happy with all of them.

Chris

W6GX Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2010 20:26 Send this review to a friend
Works well for me!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've been using headset for 6 months. I also have the foot switch which works very well. This is a full-range headset that is better suited for ragchewing. For DX work I set my mic. equalizer to give it more high-end punch. The headset is very light and comfortable to wear for a long time. My radio is a FT-950 and I set the mic. gain at only 11 out of 100. On my stock mic. I set the mic. gain at 35-40, so the W2ENY headset requires very little gain possibly due to an impedance mis-match. In any case I get good audio reports and I'm satisfied with the performance. I also purchased two additional adapters so that I could use the same headset on other rigs that I don't own. This will come in handy on field day.

N4SRQ Rating: 4/5 Apr 28, 2010 13:41 Send this review to a friend
After further review ..  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
My earlier review below may have been a little misleading and I wanted to re-address a few areas where I fell short of giving a proper review. While I am still not enamored with the particular headset chosen I would like to add that W2ENY provides a total solution for a very reasonable price. That is often hard to find. My unit works with my radio. The PTT works perfectly and as I said earlier, the adapters are top notch. It would be a worthwhile purchase to those who don't wnat to mess with putting together their own ... and like I said, the price is right.

KA2OVK Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2010 12:47 Send this review to a friend
WONDERFUL VALUE!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Using on the original 756 and 746 - neither is the PRO model, K5YY is incorrect. Very good sound and reports. Especially for the $$$ and what is shown in his pictures - I got what I ordered and that counts for something these days! Keep it up Bob, it's good to have an alternative to the celebrity guy!

W4DSN Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2010 13:02 Send this review to a friend
Great value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have tried several mid-price range headsets, but was not satisfied with any of them. Either they sounded bad or felt bad. I read the reviews of W2ENYs headsets and decided to give it a try. All I can say is, great!

They feel good, and sound good both on this end and the other. I have two adapters, one for my TS940 and one for my FT897D. The headset works good for both. I can wear it for extended intervals without issues. Bob, W2ENY is also a very good guy to deal with.

K5YY Rating: 2/5 Dec 27, 2009 10:31 Send this review to a friend
Not good for pre PRO Icoms  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
For some reason my review of a couple of months ago has been deleted but others with a 1 or 2 rating remain. In short, these headsets will NOT work with the pre-PRO earlier Icoms like my 746 and 781 because the element output is too low to drive the mike input stages of the earlier Icoms in the 781 and plain 746 era. This unit acts like the HC4 and HC5 low output elements that Bob Heil admits are NOT very good for earlier Icoms. But, ENY says it works for both vintages... It did not work on my 781 and 746 or my friend's 781 who also tried it.
And, the construction is flimsy, with intermittant 1/4" headphone connection to the rig and an intermittant connection with the PTT line adapter unit.. Like the prior review, it was not worth my sending it back and paying postage. I gave it to a new SWL locally but feel it will not last due to poor construction in Japan or Korea or wherever...