Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | Airlink Express Help

Reviews Summary for Airlink Express
Reviews: 22 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $Free
Description: Digital mode software
More info: http://www.airlinkexpress.org

You can write your own review of the Airlink Express.

K7AAT Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2016 15:25 Send this review to a friend
Superb for what it does  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a followup to a review I did in 2010. I still prefer this program for PSK31 over all others, including HRD which I own. This program is so much easier to use, yet still has all the functions most people need for data .. PSK31, RTTY, and CW. The product support is also outstanding, as outlined in my Nov. 2010 review. Still a winner!

5B4AJG Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2016 13:23 Send this review to a friend
For PSK simply ideal  Time owned: more than 12 months
Been using this for about six years, straight forward not so busy like fldigi. Easy and to the point to operate. Picking your own colours for each macro is about the hardest decision you'll have to decide on......

W2BLC Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2016 13:52 Send this review to a friend
So easy  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using Airlink Express for several years and it works fine, is easy to setup, and reliable. Doesn't have some of the latest toys - but, that is fine with me. I still log with a pencil. FB with RTTY too. For my digital operation, it is perfect. I understand it and don't have to be a computer expert to use it.

Have I tried the newer programs? Yes, to much stuff with them that I will never use.

W2LTD Rating: 5/5 Oct 2, 2015 12:11 Send this review to a friend
Sweet  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am new to digital and tried both Digipan and Airlink Express. AE is easy to install and easy to use. The waterfall display is excellent. The macros are also easy to set up. I was up and running in no time.

N4MU Rating: 5/5 Sep 1, 2015 11:21 Send this review to a friend
LUV IT !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Let's face it. Digipan is the model "T" of PSK. It sure would have been nice if the Digipan folks would have kept up with more recent operating platforms. Available info is ancient. But this was about Airlink Express... I installed it last night on a laptop (Win 10) that I was having problems with using Digipan (feature problems). While I had used Digipan previously on another computer I have to say that AE wins by a mile. Great screens...nice features...very easy to assimilate to. HRD was not considered since I would have only used a couple of its' features (40%). For a "C" note it would have been a waste so it was not on the shopping list.
If you want a fresh, good looking and, so far, absolutely no problem PSK program...go Airlink Express. Do it now...I wouldn't be surprised if Alex goes commercial soon...as well he could!

WB8WTU Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2015 19:36 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT PSK program  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've tried just about every PSK program available and was frustrated by the "nuances" of every one I tried. They were either hard to configure, had multiple clutter windows or just plain too much screen info. I was looking for something simple but not too simple, currently supported and worked well. I stumbled upon Airlink Express and was amazed that this was exactly what I was looking for.

PROS:
User interface is clean.
Waterfall display is crisp.
Very easy to configure.
Radio control if you want it.
Useful features that work well - like the bandpass filters. If your rig has PBT, combined with Airlinks filters, one can really zero in on a signal.
Multiple or single signal reception.

CONS:
None that I can see.

Like the K2DC review below, I questioned Alex about AFC marker drift. He pointed out the RX LOCK function button in the toolbar. Yep, that locks the marker. (Perhaps I should have read the help file closer.)

If you are looking for a PSK program that is stable, easy to configure and use - check out Airlink Express. Great PSK program.

THEDESERTTORTOISE Rating: 5/5 Nov 1, 2014 18:44 Send this review to a friend
Probably the easiest psk31 software around..  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
If your going digital.. chances are that you'll be using psk31 or rtty. Save yourself some headaches and use Airlink Express. This week I tried Multipsk, Fldigi, HRD and its companion digital software DM 780. I'm using a Ft 856 and a Signalink. New computer with Win 7.. I couldn't get either Fldigi or Multipsk to see or control the frequency on my rig. HRD and DM 780 will do this. Fl and Multi ran fine off my soundcard but neither would read the freq or do any tuning. I tuned by hand and I could then txmt and make some contacts. I was pretty well set on using DM 780 when I read these reviews again. What the heck... I downloaded Airlink and WOW.. easy integration with my rig.. the macro's are easier than any of the others to write your own scripts to and color code... and it just plain works. I think the developer of Airlink took just a bit more time to write the additional lines of software to make integrating your radio a lot easier than the others. Make it easy for yourself and try this for your psk... you'll love it.. I do! The ease of use this program provides makes you so happy to use it that I didn't even notice any short comings... that's why I gave it a 5.

KG3Z Rating: 5/5 Jul 26, 2013 09:17 Send this review to a friend
Excellent tool  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Quick and easy setup without pitfalls. Very intuitive interface and operation. It loads fast, responds well and tracks multiple signals without any noticable slowing. Had no trouble setting it up for rig control to my FT-920. The fact that it does not have a plethora of modes to decode does not bother me at all, I just use another application. That it does what it is designed to do, and does it very well is good enough for me.
The most important aspect for me is customer service, and Alex is one of the best.

W6USC Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2013 21:24 Send this review to a friend
Its fun and Eazy to use   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A+ Software works like a charm. 1 st time setup was Great.Makes using PSK31 a Breeze thanks

K2DC Rating: 4/5 Feb 2, 2013 07:11 Send this review to a friend
More Pros Than Cons  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm relatively new to digital modes. Overall this seems to me very well done for free software.
Pro's:
- Setup is relatively intuitive
- Help files are comprehensive
- Does very well for PSK and RTTY
- Multichannel decode is very useful
- Callsign Grab is very useful

Con's:
- Does not include any of the newer modes lke JT-65 or Field Hell
- AFC Funtion drives me NUTS!:
There are two AFC funtions: One is meant to track a station currently being decoded, and the other meant to search for signals. The first one can not be disabled and that's the one that gives me problems. On a crowded band, when the station I'm in QSO with stops transmitting, the AFC will drift quickly to a nearby signal, sometimes before I begin to transmit. This feature make the software difficult to use in a crowded part of the band segment, and completely useless in a contest environment.