Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | PALSTAR DL2K Dummy Load (Newer Version) Help

Reviews Summary for PALSTAR DL2K Dummy Load (Newer Version)
PALSTAR DL2K Dummy Load (Newer Version) Reviews: 13 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $249.95
Description: PALSTAR DL2K 2000 Watt Fan Cooled Dummy Load
More info: http://www.palstar.com/dl2k.php

You can write your own review of the PALSTAR DL2K Dummy Load (Newer Version).

AB2IR Rating: 4/5 May 30, 2014 05:29 Send this review to a friend
A dummy load  Time owned: more than 12 months
It is quality built, ok fan has some sound, but how often do we run it. Meter is busy, but works great. Sometimes I think the next bigger one would have been better purchase, for a longer loading time. Price difference at the time was not issue, just did not think about loading time period of usage. Was thinking of my normal loading usage instead. Happy either way.

PA3HGT Rating: 3/5 May 25, 2013 00:37 Send this review to a friend
Nice dummy  Time owned: more than 12 months
Nice dummy but the fan is like a Jumbo 747 ready for take off.Meter is reasonable accurate in the higest range of 2500 watt.Resistors can take a little abuse when you forget to switch on the fan.This meter is one of the old versions.

VE3BXB Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2013 10:16 Send this review to a friend
Great Service and Support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned my DL2K for about 2 years. About a month or so ago I noticed that the fan and the meter light was no longer functioning. After contacting Paul, at Palstar, he said that I had to replace a certain printed circuit board along with a new light bulb. For a very reasonable price, I received a new PC board, however, there was a missing part on the board. I sent an email regarding this problem, and Palstar had sent me a second shipment, free of charge with a complete PC board. I have since installed the new board and the fan and meter light are now functioning once again. Palstar is very supportive of their product and easy to deal with. Thank you Palstar. My DL2K is back to normal once again. Bob

G3RXQ Rating: 1/5 Feb 6, 2013 03:08 Send this review to a friend
Expected more  Time owned: more than 12 months
Having had a number of cheap dummy loads over the years I bought a Palstar DL2K.

Initially I was satisfied with the unit, however with time I have become less and less impressed.

The biggest issue is that for quite an expensive unit the SWR performance is poor.

This is because Palstar have used an assembly of 60 ohm power resistors instead of 50 ohms ones. They have tried to compensate with a capacitor, but it doesn't really work.

The case is good - so I replaced the 60 load resistor assembly with 50 ohm RF power resistors on a good sized heatsink. I now get a good SWR up to and beyond 30MHz.

The meter scale is cluttered. This is because the moving coil meter is also used on other products, so has scaling for 0-5W & 0-50W even though switching is for 500W & 2500W.
Further the top one is scaled 0-5000W !
A real mess...

After about 1 year the red lettering started to fade as it was printed with ordinary ink.
Even MFJ can get that bit right !

I intend to replace the meter scale with another that will last longer and only have 2 scales, a 0-500W and 0-2500W.

Could have been so much better...

Stewart G3RXQ

AA6QQ Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2012 10:49 Send this review to a friend
Heavy Duty  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have the AT2K tuner and am very pleased so when this new version of the DL2K came available I ordered it from the factory. Two words: Heavy Duty

Roy
AA6QQ

K8JHR Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2012 20:10 Send this review to a friend
Good Stuff  Time owned: more than 12 months
Good Product. Meter works well enough. Works right - never gets hot - looks good.

Would buy again. // James - K8JHR //

KB1NXE Rating: 5/5 Apr 22, 2011 08:35 Send this review to a friend
Good Value, Great Dummy  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've had one for just shy of a year now. Works as well as you can expect from such a simple item. Not too worried and to be honest never checked the wattmeter accuracy. But it sits there doing it's thing every day. Well constructed.

KD0ZV Rating: 5/5 Mar 25, 2011 16:47 Send this review to a friend
Sure beats kicking over a can of oil  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hard to get to excited about a dummy load but this is a nice unit. Has a built in Fan and wattmeter and does a great job. Meter is on par with my Array Solutions PowerMaster so was pretty happy about that.

Thanks Paul for another great product.

N8PVW Rating: 5/5 Sep 24, 2010 09:46 Send this review to a friend
Works as advertised  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned it for about a year now purchased new from R&L in Ohio. I can pump 1500 watts in and tune my amp in a liesurely manner and the load barely warms up. I'm giving it a 5 becuse it is a great unit at a great price. But, the watt meter is a joke. Not even in the ball park on accuracy. I checked it against my Bird and a military lab type meter and not even in the ball park using single or dual tone. My cheapo MFJ meters are dead on. But still worth a 5 and well worth the money.

N2QQF Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2009 02:50 Send this review to a friend
Great Load  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I needed a new dummy load as my other one went bad after some time. I have had such great success with PALSTAR Equipment I decided why not buy a load from them. The long and short of it is that the dummy load works great with no issues, looks nice, well built and an overall good product.