Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | LDG AT 11 Help

Reviews Summary for LDG AT 11
LDG AT 11 Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $150 as a kit
Description: Antenna tuner

You can write your own review of the LDG AT 11.

WA4SCA Rating: 5/5 Dec 4, 2010 07:39 Send this review to a friend
Still going strong  Time owned: more than 12 months
HF operating is not a major part of my interests, but recently I have gotten interested in the various WSPR programs. My AT-11 has been in sporadic use for for 10+ years, and is now getting a workout. The lack of a memory is obvious when you change bands, especially to one for which the antenna was not designed. Still, it finds a 160 meter match on a 40-6 meter vertical with minimal ground in a few seconds. And that match gets out, not just heats the coils! It also works at QRP levels on 6 meters, though you need to manually tweak the tuning most of the time. A new rig with internal tuner is on the way, but I will keep this as a backup, or perhaps convert it to a remote tuner.

AE0Q Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2010 21:32 Send this review to a friend
Great autotuner, has been used for years and still going.  Time owned: more than 12 months
The L-match is a great matching circuit, and very handy in autotuner form. Built mine from a kit of parts and the original QST article about the AT-11 in 1996. Has been used on many Field Days and portable operating over the years, also at home.

DL7UND Rating: 4/5 Oct 24, 2010 05:22 Send this review to a friend
Still working nicely  Time owned: more than 12 months
I can not compare this tuner to others, since it is the only one I ever purchased so far. I bought the kit back when LDG was pretty new and they still offered kits. It is also a rather early version: No shift register and no PCB for LEDs and switches. Still, it was fun to build and it worked nicely.

I ran into problems after a few years and thought the CPU was damaged, but it turned out the only thing acting weird was the crystal oscillator who drew too much current. I resoldered a number of contacts, readjusted the SWR bridge and it still works. I only do not give it a five because of the way switches and LEDs are attached, this could have been done better even back then. But it is a nice tuner and I won't give it away.

AC8EA Rating: 4/5 Mar 28, 2010 18:42 Send this review to a friend
Old, but OK.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
It's from 1997, has no memory, but seems to work pretty well.

Info is here:

More info here, including schematic:

I use one in my van. I have some makeshift antennas that I tune with the AT-11. Picked it up at a SK auction in a box of "stuff," so, didn't cost me much and does seem to work just like LDG says. It will work on 6M but it's not too happy. It does some clicking and blinking with 100 watts SSB at 50 Mhz.
All in all I got my money's worth, since I got it cheap.