Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | TransWorld Antennas TW4040 Adventurer 40 Meter Monoband Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for TransWorld Antennas TW4040 Adventurer 40 Meter Monoband Antenna
TransWorld Antennas TW4040 Adventurer 40 Meter Monoband Antenna Reviews: 7 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $329.95
Description: Description: The TransWorld TW4040 Adventurer Monoband Antenna is the perfect antenna for high performance DX communications in a portable package. This antenna system is ideal for camping, emergencies, or permanent installations. The TW4040 switching array box can be manually tuned to cover CW and Phone bands. Just attach a feedline and you are ready to talk.

See http://www.na6m.com/TW4040/TW4040-CW_Phone.pdf for information on how to get full band coverage with minimal effort.
More info: http://www.transworldantennas.com/

You can write your own review of the TransWorld Antennas TW4040 Adventurer 40 Meter Monoband Antenna.

VE3OP Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2013 03:52 Send this review to a friend
Works Well  Time owned: more than 12 months
Can you think of another 40m antenna that you can set up in (literally) less than 5 minutes, 2 minutes if you rush, hook up a radio and start working contacts 15,000 km away (for me Australia)? And only takes up a few square feet, 8 feet high, and is barely visible on your lawn? It almost sounds too good to be true, but this antenna works very well for its size.

Note that you can tune the 40m array box to handle about 100 KHz bandwidth without a tuner. I have mine set from 7.110 to 7.2. After that you use a tuner to tune the entire 40m band.

Of course it isn't a 40m beam, but it will definitely get you on the air very well. Receive sounds great. I routinely work into Europe and Asia from Canada using 50-100 watts.

Very well made and works well. That pretty well sums up this antenna and all TW antennae and related interchangeable parts. Some say they are a bit pricey, but (a) you get quality kit and (b) how much would you pay to get on the air in restricted spaces?

I now have the 5 band array box, 5 band remote array box, and 40m array box, and the carrying case. All parts are extremely well made, will last a lifetime, and you can pump well over 1,000 watts through them.

I like taking this antenna portable (when I use a car). It would be a bit heavy carrying around on foot (25 pounds loaded), but could be put in a plane's cargo hold with your luggage. I wish TW would develop a lighter version, with less power handling (say 250 watts), for mobile work.

I labeled my bottom and upper pieces to figure out which is which a little bit easier.

Try a TW antenna - you won't be disappointed.

F5VDM Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2013 12:31 Send this review to a friend
Much better than I thought  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought the 40m centre piece a while ago, but only used it briefly as I had a 40m vertical which was a great DX antenna. Having recently moved house and unable to put up a vertical, I decided to retry the TW.

Admittedly, I run power through it, but it works fantastically well. DX and non DX contacts are worked every day.

Amazing!

N0YXE Rating: 5/5 Jul 6, 2010 19:47 Send this review to a friend
Another Great One  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have three Transworld antennas growing in my antenna garden, maybe six feet apart. (For an e-mail picture write me: tbgspaceship@yahoo.com). The TW4040, unlike the 1020 or 1020L, will require a wide range tuner. But it works, and if you are in a heavily restricted area and have very limited space, this antenna will do a nice job for you. Where else can you get a 40 meter antenna that's eight feet tall? I was listening to the band this evening, and the conditions were barely fair. However, the nets were shining through and many of the stations were loud and clear. KG3Z (884 miles) in Georgia was nearly 20 over 9. I would say that if you need 40 meters and have a decent external tuner, you wouldn't want to miss the possibilities of this band. Have fun and enjoy yourself.

Terry, N0YXE

K6SGH Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2010 08:52 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful Product  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I recently purchased the 40m add on to my existing TW antenna 10-20m. The 40m element works fantastic. I was quite surprised at how wide banded it is on 40. I'm using it through a tuner just to flatten it out a bit when I operate portable. I continue to be very pleased with the TW product as I like to operate portable and being able to get the antenna up and going within 5 minutes is quite pleasing. AAA+++ Fantastic!!

K8PDQ Rating: 5/5 Feb 15, 2010 07:28 Send this review to a friend
Perfect HOA solution and portable use as well  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
OK, let me get my two cents in on these TransWorld Antennas.
My first purchase was the TW-4040 for 40 Meters. I liked the way the antenna was built, the appearance seemed to be very acceptable in my restricted HOA lot. This antenna had one great feature for being in a HOA complex, I was able to take my TransWorld antenna up or down in virtually minutes, typically less than two. It takes me longer to walk from the garage to by back patio than it takes to set up one of these antennas.
Now enough about how its built any easy setup. These antennas work great and I'm currently running 100 watts max, not to mention I may get an amp in the future; these TransWorld antennas have a 1200 watt rating.
I'm in my 26th year of Amateur Radio, and yes I've made stupid decisions, like buying a home in a HOA restricted subdivision and then on the other hand I've made some great decisions, like my purchase of the TW-4040, TW-3030, TW-2010 and most recently my purchase of the TW-8080 center section. I almost threw up my hand to Ham Radio till I could find a better home location and then the bottom fell out on housing market.... meaning I better stay put for a while.
Many thanks to TransWorld Antennas for giving me a workable solution for Amateur Radio.

Stan
KA8SFP

K4ELO Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2009 17:29 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This antenna is amazing. I have been operating portable from apartments in large complexes for the last year or so and this is the best portable antenna I have ever tried.

Previous antennas have included: an indoor dipole, a screwdriver vertical on the balcony, and an MFJ mag loop on the balcony. This one beats them all.
People can actually hear my signal now!
I consistently get S9 reports from the eastern US running 100 watts from OH. It could also be a great stealth antenna - just hang a few bird feeders from the horizontal arms and you are in business.

Wayne
K4ELO/8

N4GW Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2009 05:37 Send this review to a friend
Im Impressed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had the TW2010 for over a year and it is such a great performer, that I decided to try the TW4040. I was using a Windom antenna for 40m but could never work DX with it, which is what I really like to do. The TW2010 was great for DX on 10-20m, but 40m DX was out of reach.
I was a little skeptical of a 40m antenna in such a small package, but after using it, I was impressed. On recieve, the TW4040 gives me 2-3 S units more than my windom, and with the take off angle, I am working a lot of Europeans. It has been great fun, and now the the Broadcast stations are gone below 7.200 mhz, 40m is a real joy to use. I normally run about 600 watts, and my signal report into the island of Cypress was 10 over S9. You can't beat that.