Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Reyed RYD-40-12 Switching Power supply Help

Reviews Summary for Reyed RYD-40-12 Switching Power supply
Reyed  RYD-40-12  Switching Power supply Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $15
Description: * 40W 12V 3.2A switching Power supply
* Design with Built-in EMI Filter, improve signal precision
* Output power: 12V 3.2A
* Suitable for CCTV, Radio, spy camera
More info: http://www.reyed.com

You can write your own review of the Reyed RYD-40-12 Switching Power supply.

SV1ENS Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2009 08:13 Send this review to a friend
Cheap and Noise free  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been trying to find a companion for my FT-817 for a long time, but what was available was either expensive or noisy.
While browsing through an ebay gadget store I stumbled on this little PS. Reluctantly I ordered it for $15 with postage included and waited for two weeks to arrive.
When it arrived I put together a power cord (one is not included) and plugged it in. Measured the voltage and it was 12.5 from the factory. The PS has a variable resistor which can set the power from 9 to 14 Volts. I set it to 12 volts (FT-817 works 100% at 12V) and used my IC-E7 to scan for noise. No noise found ! Hooked up a 1 Amp lamp and a voltage meter and left it on a full day to check for voltage variations and heat, both checked out OK.
Finally I hooked up my FT-817 and checked for noise, and yes the PS was free of any noticeable noise !!!

I'm really happy with my purchase, now if only the bands open up so I can use my QRP setup :-)

Demetre - SV1ENS