Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Hexbeam: by K4KIO Help

Reviews Summary for Hexbeam: by K4KIO
Hexbeam: by K4KIO Reviews: 151 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $669
Description: A six band, broadband, G3TXQ- designed, hexagonal beam with performance on par with a two element Yagi but a much smaller physical footprint is fully tuned and ready to go. This is a plug and play antenna, not a kit. It can be assembled in an evening with no measurements or tuning needed. No traps or coils are required and a single coax feeds all bands. Available for Bands 20 – 6 meters in various combinations. All steel components are stainless and non metallic components are UV resistant. Mount on a push up mast or rooftop. The sturdy aircraft aluminum base plate has never been reported to fail by hundreds of users. A “no questions asked” 30 day refund offer comes with each beam.
More info: http://www.k4kio.com

You can write your own review of the Hexbeam: by K4KIO.

K4NUC Rating: 5/5 Feb 5, 2016 18:06 Send this review to a friend
Great Beam  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a great lightweight beam. I have it on a pushup pole about 9 meters up. I am running only 100 watts and have been able to actually crack quite of few pileups. Performs amazing well, has noticeable side nulling and front/back gain. The only thing I had an issue with was after a storm when the hex-nuts where it mounted to my pole worked loose and the beam was wobbling atop the pole. I'm glad I drilled through the pole as they recommended or the beam would have come down. I have it on a lightweight Yaesu rotator and it turns easily. I wish it would tune down to 40 meters. Great investment, I'm very happy with it. 73

W5NRF Rating: 5/5 Jan 1, 2016 10:24 Send this review to a friend
Update  Time owned: more than 12 months
Update to my review of June 6, 2014.

Nothing but praise for the KIO. Recently had 50+ MPH winds, no problem. I have yet to find a pile-up I could not enter with 1-3 tries.

Note that if you have the 6 mtr add-on, the antenna will also do 2 meters. Even running a KW, antenna tuners are not necessary on any band.

This KIO is a great investment. The company and their service, before, during, and after the sale, could not be better.

W7PV Rating: 5/5 Dec 28, 2015 11:27 Send this review to a friend
Well built - great antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I won't duplicate the raves on performance, but I can attest to the durability. I mounted mine in a forest clearing (for stealth reasons), knowing that falling branches from the fir tress might be a problem. Yup, several big ones hit the antenna this past fall in windstorms, several lodging in the wires, and bending the mast over about 45 degrees. However, the ice cords seemed to save the day, as nothing was broken or damaged.

K1GHC Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2015 16:00 Send this review to a friend
Great performance  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well engineered, great performance and excellent customer service.

AJ2I Rating: 5/5 Dec 10, 2015 06:35 Send this review to a friend
Amazing Peformance  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
What else can be said that already hasn't been. 5/5 an amazing antenna that has broken through countless pileups. Great performance on all bands. Flat SWR across the board. They say it's only equivalent to a 2 Element yagi, however, I've been stronger many times vs local hams 3 element trapped Yagis.

W7ZAC Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2015 08:46 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I live in Northeastern Nevada at 5675 feet above sea level. We get brutal winters here, with strong winds. I just installed the KIO Hexbeam two weeks ago before our first snowstorm. I also installed the ice cords. It works as advertised. I do notice that it has almost no attenuation on the backside of the beam, but I expected that since it is essentially a tuned dipole. I can work what I hear now, and I hear many new countries, especially on the JT65-HF mode. I made an excellent choice, Thanks! It is up only 40 Ft at the present time, but works great!

KK4CZT Rating: 5/5 Oct 25, 2015 14:27 Send this review to a friend
out standing antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
Best antenna I have ever had, the one thing is after three years the spreader fiberglass poles have started to de laminate and need to be replaced that just part of living in South Florida the sun is brutal on fiberglass and plastic. All in all it’s still the best antenna that I have ever had and I highly recommend it.
KK4CZT

WA5WA Rating: 5/5 Sep 27, 2015 15:23 Send this review to a friend
A+++Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've this antenna about 1 year and QSO more than 1000 from around the world with this antenna, and when one of the spreader broken, I called Leo and he shipped it to me without charge.
Exellent antenna and superb Customer Service from Leo

KE5JA Rating: 5/5 Sep 27, 2015 11:25 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
When I first purchased this antenna for my Sakhalin Island, Russia RA/KE5JA QTH, I needed an antenna with a small turning radius and wind load. I wasn't expecting much but wow, I sure was surprised. At my Sakhalin QTH, the hex beam was mounted only 35' up but worked much better than I was expecting. It also survived the harsh winter storms and snow.

I am now living in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia and recently had the hex beam temporarily installed on the roof of my A93JA Bahrain house. And again, WOW, it worked fantastic! I made over 10,000 QSO's with it the first two months I had my A93JA license and could break any pile-up with it. It is now in the process of being installed at my Saudi Arabia 7Z1JA QTH.

The beam is very light weight, easy to assemble, excellent SWR, and had no problem surviving Siberian winters and now Middle East summers. I highly recommend this antenna and feel you will be surprised at it's performance!

N3QQN Rating: 5/5 Sep 19, 2015 13:26 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
20, 17 and 15 meter bands all have excellent VSWR with no tuner. It is 8 feet off of the ground and I can ragchew with my friend in Indianna from Seattle mid day with no dropout. I cannot wait to hoist it up on the push up mast.