Reviews Categories | Keyers & CW Keyboards | Jackson Harbor Press Touch Switch II kit Help

Reviews Summary for Jackson Harbor Press Touch Switch II kit
Jackson Harbor Press Touch Switch II kit Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $12
Description: Touch paddle
More info: http://home.att.net/~jacksonharbor/touchsw2.htm

You can write your own review of the Jackson Harbor Press Touch Switch II kit.

W7WEL Rating: 5/5 Aug 21, 2012 14:22 Send this review to a friend
Another pleasant experience with Jackson Harbor Press kits!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After working a couple of guys who use touch paddles/keyers, I caught the fever to try one out. Not wanting to buy a "pig in a poke," I ordered the kit from JHP. It arrived yesterday and in a couple hours I had it together and fitted into a metal box. After fiddling with it for a few minutes I was able to master this unique manner of paddling my keyer and after a few contacts, was able to work several stations without too many false pad-touch errors. (Takes a bit to get used to not touching the pads, even lightly when not needed.) I spent most of the last night working stations on 40 meters and this morning couldn't wait to get that touch paddle set going again. No contacts to clean, springs to tension, or magnets to adjust... just nice clean, effortless cw! (If I could, my rating would be much higher!) I've been building and using Jackson Harbor Press kits for years, always with excellent results. This one takes the cake!

Bill - W7WEL

KD7RDZI2 Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2009 05:17 Send this review to a friend
What a paddle!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have just built a great paddle at the same price of three Big Mac in the US and two and a half in Europe!!!!

Combined with the full optional (with the keyer and the SSR tube keying option) Island Keyboard the Touch Switch can be used with almost any rigs.

One caveat: I have noticed that it is better grounding the metal enclosure in order to send perfect code.