Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | America Aerial Custom Made Double Bazooka Antennas Help

Reviews Summary for America Aerial Custom Made Double Bazooka Antennas
America Aerial Custom Made Double Bazooka Antennas Reviews: 16 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $Depends on Length of Antenna
Description: Each antenna is tested for matching your specific frequency specifications
HandMade Performance Tested
More info: http://www.myamericanaerial.com/

You can write your own review of the America Aerial Custom Made Double Bazooka Antennas.

N9CXK Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2012 09:09 Send this review to a friend
Great performing, well-constructed antenna!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased Bob's 75M double bazooka for net use at the high end of the band. He custom tuned the antenna and called to verify my preferences.I installed the antenna as a flat-top and it gives me over 200khz of bandwidth @ less than 2:1 swr. The bazooka is quieter than all my wires except a true full-wave loop. The antenna is built like a rock(weather-sealed), and reasonably priced; two reasons I bought from American Aerial.
It's nice to find such a good guy to work with, just plan a little longer delivery time than some of the larger shops, since Bob hand-crafts his antennas. I'll be ordering again soon for 15M since Spring is already here in Wisconsin!
Thanks Bob!

N9ZI Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2010 16:06 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful Antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I will start by saying there may now be problems with delivery, however purchased 80 & 40 meter ones several months ago before going to new QTH & just recently put up the 80 meter double bazooka one and can say my reports using this antenna have been fantastic, could not have even dreamed of the great comments made on my signal strength. Have just used the 40 meter one at the Swiss Days annual festival in Berne, In. the last couple of days with equally good reports using it. Reporting on the Antennas, fantastic, service or availability ? would check that out carefully before sending money.

WA4LZC Rating: 1/5 Jan 25, 2010 04:52 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna Very Poor Service  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought Bob's 20 meter bazooka in July 2009 and what a performer, my first contacts was South America and Finland. Very impressive so I ordered and paid for a 40 meter bazooka in Oct 2009 and was planning to get a 15 meter. It is now January 2010 no antenna, no answer to my emails and phone calls. I rate the antenna highly but I am disappointed by the non service which rates a 0

WD4OHM Rating: 5/5 Dec 31, 2009 14:51 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I got two of Bob's antennas over 6 months ago now and they are all that I use. I get great signal reports and he builds a great product! It is great to know that someone will build a fine product in this day and time and you can buy it without paying an arm and a leg for it! Bob is honest and stands behind his product! Thanks Bob and keep up the good work!

AL7HG Rating: 5/5 Nov 29, 2009 12:20 Send this review to a friend
I have 160m, 80m and 40m versions  Time owned: more than 12 months
I just reinstalled the 160m bazooka antenna, works great, and especially good to have some bandwidth on 160m. I took the antenna down over the summer because the band was dead.

Also have Bob's 80m and 40m bazooka antennas. They work great, broad-banded and efficient. I have used these to check into trader's nets and worked-all-states nets on 160, 80 and 40 meters and got great signal reports.

KR4JA Rating: 4/5 Nov 25, 2009 07:25 Send this review to a friend
Good antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bob makes a very well-built antenna. Like any dipole, it's resonant point varies with height above ground. At 25' mine had a low SWR point at 3.795. This is the height Bob tests his antenna, and was the freq I wanted resonance. However, at my preferred antenna height of 55', the SWR was way off. Here are the specs at different heights:
Height 55' 45' 35' 25' ends at 6-8'
Freq/SWR:
3995 1.22 1.78 1.98 2.30
3895 1.95 1.26 1.41 1.62
3795 2.86 1.39 1.20 1.05
3705 3.86 1.84 1.69 1.50

I was able to match the 25' SWR points at 55' by adding 3' of wire to each end.

It has a much broader SWR curve compared to my regular dipole at 55', although the signals are about 1S unit lower (TX & RX) on the Bazooka (which is why it gets a 4).

Overall, a good, broad, rugged antenna, if you need one with a broader SWR range.

W1LVL Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2009 20:35 Send this review to a friend
Nice and quiet  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Have had my 80 antenna up for 3 weeks now. It replaced a Buckmaster OCF which also is a fair antenna. The double Bazooka is much quieter and do not need the tuner for most of my 80/75 meter operating. Wish I could fit a 160 Double Bazooka on my lot.

Geeorge W1LVL

W5VFO Rating: 3/5 Jul 17, 2009 11:20 Send this review to a friend
Not as Specified  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this double bazooka as their site said "tested to match requested frequency." My requested frequency was 3.525/3.550 and the antenna came in 1:1 3.650/3.700. Bob said to add 6 inches to lower the frequency which did not work. I returned the antenna as requested and all they did was replace my insulators with their ceramic insulators. The resonate point on the antenna is still 3.700 but with a minimum SWR of 1.5:1. It is 2.2:1 at 3.500. I guess I will use it as a receive only as it is quieter than my old inverted vee for 80M.

N9VR Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2009 10:15 Send this review to a friend
Less noise then others  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Swr Curve is very good with mfj259. I am impressed! After hooking it up to the Icom it appears
to be somewhat quieter than my inverted V, or the ladder line fed all bander.
Signals are pretty much normal from what I see on the others, but with an s-unit less noise
they sound stronger. I found out the swr curve here anyhow is very good as an inverted V,
slightly narrower as a flat top.
I tried it a various heights and positions and all were good.
I have it as an inverted V, feed point at apex is 42', one end to the south is 20', the one to the
north is 16'. This is where the swr curve was best for me. Getting almost 300kc of 2.1 or under!
Other than the time it takes to get one, which is no big deal just plan ahead. I rate this antenna very high. Great Antenna!

W5BFG Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2009 09:16 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bob builds a very well constructed antenna and they are custom built to your frequency. The antenna preforms very well and should last for a long time. Overall it is a great antenna and very well constructed. Great antenna and great guy to work with