Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | Ross Radio; Antenna Ground Radial Lawn Staple Anchor Pins Help

Reviews Summary for Ross Radio; Antenna Ground Radial Lawn Staple Anchor Pins
Ross Radio; Antenna Ground Radial Lawn Staple Anchor Pins Reviews: 70 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $12.49
Description: A Proven Fast Easy Method to Help Install your Antenna Ground Radials!
More info: http://radialstaple.wordpress.com/

You can write your own review of the Ross Radio; Antenna Ground Radial Lawn Staple Anchor Pins.

K7NA Rating: 5/5 Oct 10, 2013 18:17 Send this review to a friend
Very Useful For Securing Radials  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This product fills a definite need to provide a cost effective yet useful way of securing wire radials to the lawn so that grass thatch can in time overgrow the wires and permanently position them in a lawn. I recently created an 82-radial image plane consisting of 3,300 feet of copper wire cut into 40-foot radials to support a popular trap quarter wave vertical. I secured the 82 wires with about 1,100 radial anchor pins and yet the cost was extremely reasonable. The pins arrived fast and the company service was excellent. A great product with excellent service means you will be a satisfied customer as I was.

Vince K7NA

W6SZN Rating: 5/5 Oct 10, 2013 17:35 Send this review to a friend
These are great! Don't install radials without them.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ross is the Nordstrom of customer service. The radial pins are superb--Having now used them with a BigIR, I can't imagine installing radials without using them.

WA3ETD Rating: 5/5 Aug 25, 2013 07:07 Send this review to a friend
OUTSTANDING!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
You can't go wrong with the RossRadio radial staples! I'm in the process of rebuilding the ground system for my Part 5 experimental MF (475 KHz) station over grass, and the staples make it almost painless. It sure beats cutting and bending 100's of pieces of brazing rod.

I should add that the clips arrived in four days after ordering. A great purpose product!

John WG2XKA/WA3ETD

WB2QIG Rating: 5/5 May 14, 2013 14:28 Send this review to a friend
Really Good!  Time owned: months
Let me start off by saying what effort Ross put into getting the pins to me. On a scale of 1 to 5 he was a TEN! The Post Office however gets a -100. If I was running a company like the Post Office is run, well, never mind. Unfortunately I think Ross lost money in the money spent for delivery.

Good product, GREAT service, & a general all round nice man to do business with. If all vendors were as decent as Ross is, oh baby, life would not only be good, it would GREAT.

KH6DC Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2013 22:04 Send this review to a friend
Awesome  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Been using DXengineering biodegrdable plastic anchors but when installing in moist clayey soil (adobe), lightly hammering breaks them. Tried Ross Radio's anchors and they slide right in holding the ground radials tight. Ordered 2 bags and installed 32 radials. I may install another 32 and will definitely order more anchors.

K6BHB Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2013 23:47 Send this review to a friend
great value, nice touch  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Okay, so when you order this, you get a ziploc bag of wire staples for your ground radials. There's not much to it -- you puts your wire down and then you push the staple on top of it. Works pretty well.

I was impressed with the packaging -- it included some printed instructions on setting up ground radials, as well as a CDR with a few technical articles. There was even a QSL card in there, made out to my call sign, with the note "Hope to catch you on the bands one day!" I guess he knows his target market -- new hams trying to set up an antenna. Good stuff!

W4NRY Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2013 10:27 Send this review to a friend
Just right  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Plenty of radial pins for the price! Prompt delivery, even included a CD on radial performance and theory. A must for any vertical antenna installation.

KE7SA Rating: 5/5 Jun 25, 2012 12:45 Send this review to a friend
Radial Wire Staples  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just installed a DX-88 using Ross's staples. Did the research, read the reviews and ordered 2 bags, about 700+ staples. Ross confirmed receipt, shipment and even a follow up! Laid out 38 radials so far. Made a "heavy duty" radial plate. Took lots of pictures. Greats tips from others here on "Reviews." Install was easier than I thought. Took about 4 hours over two days of rain. I used a heavy rubberized glove to thumb push the staples into the sod. They went down easily. Also wore my water-proof pressure washing pants to get on the ground. So far, DX-88 performance is equal to a 64 foot center feed Zepp dipole at 34 feet up at center that the DX-88 will replace. Still testing and tuning but all seems well. VSWR is 1.2 to 1.5 and losses measure very low on the network analyzer. I wish other vendors would operate a business like Ross does. First class!

KF7UXC Rating: 5/5 Jun 17, 2012 12:02 Send this review to a friend
These really work!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just finished putting out 47 radials for a Butternut HF9V multiband vertical. They were a mix of 40m and 20m 1/4 wave-lengths to fit the yard. I used an entire 0.5 lb bag (I bought two bags since they are not expensive and wanted extras if needed). I'm very happy with them so far - the Ross staples made the radials disappear into the lawn as advertised (I first mowed the lawn to make sure the grass was reasonably short to start). The quality of the small Ross Radio staples is very good and they were easy to place without tools. My wife and I stapled the radials in less than 30 mins. The quality of service from Ross Radio was exceptional and would highly recommend them.

N9ZI Rating: 5/5 May 21, 2012 13:46 Send this review to a friend
Works Great  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Great product - Fast shipping - Good price - Nice gentleman to do business with. Have purchased more than once, always great service.