Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Ross Radio; Antenna Ground Radial Lawn Staple Anchor Pins Help

Reviews Summary for Ross Radio; Antenna Ground Radial Lawn Staple Anchor Pins
Ross Radio; Antenna Ground Radial Lawn Staple Anchor Pins Reviews: 78 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $12.49
Description: A Proven Fast Easy Method to Help Install your Antenna Ground Radials!
More info: http://radialstaple.wordpress.com/

You can write your own review of the Ross Radio; Antenna Ground Radial Lawn Staple Anchor Pins.

KK7XE Rating: 5/5 Jul 7, 2014 22:01 Send this review to a friend
Awesome Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
By a stroke of good fortune I came upon his site. Went through some very good information on the site and it just made sense, as compared to my wife and I making slits in the lawn and pushing wire into it. Wanted to add some extra wire to our ground system and this could not be easier. Am going to add a piece of wire to my vertical to change it into an inverted-L. They also do well with a good radial system. With my remote tuner and more radials I am looking forward to what I can do.
Ross kept me informed as to shipping and all that was going on. He runs an honest business, sells a fine product and is someone I would not hesitate to do business with again. I am grateful for less pain and strain in all of my future radial installations.

If I think I can get away with it, am going to install a 17 meter mono-band vertical in front yard this fall. Might have to paint it green:-)
Doing the radials will not be so labor intensive.

K9JFK Rating: 5/5 Jun 30, 2014 01:16 Send this review to a friend
Quick and Painless  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
About 5 years ago I buried 36 radial wires under my Hustler 5BTV. The wire's length depended on the placement within the yard and were anywhere from 55ft to 68ft in length. Average burial depth was 3 inches; the slots were done with a Black and Decker combination Trencher/Edger.

Recently, I got a little more serious about "Low Band Dxing", so I bought that excellent book by 0N4UN and added some wires to the existing radial field. I had a decent idea of where the "old" radial wiring was located, but not an exact one. So, I decided to not trench-in the newer radials, but instead to staple them to the ground; at least the "old" radial field wouldn't get cut up.

I examined a number of staple designs, plus alternatives, but decided to go with the Ross Radio staples for two reasons. The first is that I couldn't buy the wire and make them cheaper then what it cost to have them delivered to my door... I tried and couldn't do it. The second reason is the large number of good experiences reported here by other hams.

The staples are easy to insert, sturdy, and will handle large wiring as easily as the small. I used my heel or a light hammer blow to make sure the soil secured them. Also, I calculated on using one every 3ft, but used them more like every 1.5ft because of the many undulations of the ground in my yard. Your local soil conditions should by taken into consideration.

The radials went in very quickly... much quicker than trenching, and are now covered by the grass thatch in the yard. I can find one or two if I look very hard, but expect that will be impossible by the end of the summer.

Good product by Ross that is very easy to use! Save your back and your time; this is much easier than trenching!

Jimmie, K9JFK

CQCQDX Rating: 5/5 Jun 28, 2014 15:39 Send this review to a friend
Perfect Size!...Works Great!  Time owned: more than 12 months
As all the reviews say...These anchor pins are just great!...I have a
Butternut HF9V, and a 160 meter vertical with now over 200 radials each,these pins are JUST THE RIGHT SIZE!

Those longer pins were so very expensive and for us require hammering to install then at times they would sometimes hit rocks, roots and something else?

These RossRadio pins simply push in here and stay in! So much easier to use than the larger more expensive pins we had to buy in the past.

We use whatever we can find for radials...my ground radial wires vary from 18 gauge down to some big fat 10 gauge and have stayed secured from day one!

First Class customer service we received and good communication updates! I don't enjoy purchasing something and hearing nothing until the package shows up. I was updated throughout from purchase to delivery.

We purchased on eBay but also found them on the http://www.rossradio.net website

In addition to the great deal we also received a bonus CD with very useful information! Not sure if everyone gets this but how cool.

A pleasant purchasing experience...You will not be disappointed!
This product has finally allowed me to install a proper ground radial field, as
I never could trench for all these wires.

I'm going to buy more before the snow flies for my next low-band antenna an
inverted "L"

Thanks for providing this useful product. I am glad I came across these from reading my QST...-73-

K3PA Rating: 1/5 Jun 3, 2014 17:24 Send this review to a friend
Too short to work.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I don't see how these could be reviewed so well. Past staples I have used are 6" long and #11 wire. This is slightly overkill, but works well.

These staples are about 3" long and cant be more than #22 ga. Yes, they push into soil easily, and then...they pop right out. They aren't even close to holding "16 wire to my soil reliably. Maybe for thin wires for a 20M vertical, but for my 160M vertical, forget it.

K1GLD Rating: 5/5 Mar 27, 2014 19:04 Send this review to a friend
Absolutely Perfect  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I was concerned when Ross' website was down due to personal family issues. I'm really glad that it has reopened.

The level of customer service and knowledge of radial usage is extraordinary. Ross is an absolute gentlemen and a pleasure to due business with. Highly recommended. Fair, honest and lightning fast shipping.

K3JD Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2014 13:38 Send this review to a friend
Good Stuff  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great communication, great deal, YOU should use them.

N5YUZ Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2013 18:38 Send this review to a friend
. Happy  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a great product at a cheap price! Ross is really nice guy to work with. You can not go wrong buying these pins!

ND3B Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2013 03:55 Send this review to a friend
Good product, good service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just got the staples and haven't installed them yet. It's supposed to get very cold so I don't know when I'll do it. He provides a wealth of information and a DVD to boot! The price is much lower than what's shown above. Don't hesitate to buy these if you're installing radials. 73 ND3B

K7NA Rating: 5/5 Oct 10, 2013 18:17 Send this review to a friend
Very Useful For Securing Radials  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This product fills a definite need to provide a cost effective yet useful way of securing wire radials to the lawn so that grass thatch can in time overgrow the wires and permanently position them in a lawn. I recently created an 82-radial image plane consisting of 3,300 feet of copper wire cut into 40-foot radials to support a popular trap quarter wave vertical. I secured the 82 wires with about 1,100 radial anchor pins and yet the cost was extremely reasonable. The pins arrived fast and the company service was excellent. A great product with excellent service means you will be a satisfied customer as I was.

Vince K7NA

W6SZN Rating: 5/5 Oct 10, 2013 17:35 Send this review to a friend
These are great! Don't install radials without them.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ross is the Nordstrom of customer service. The radial pins are superb--Having now used them with a BigIR, I can't imagine installing radials without using them.