Reviews Categories | Emergency/Portable Power: generators, solar, wind, thermal, etc | Sun Force 60 Watt Solar Kit Help

Reviews Summary for Sun Force 60 Watt Solar Kit
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$300
Description: Solar Panels and Charge controller kit
More info: http://www.sunforceproducts.com/

You can write your own review of the Sun Force 60 Watt Solar Kit.

WD6S Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2009 15:23 Send this review to a friend
Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased this kit at Costco for $300. It consists of 4 panels, a plastic pipe frame wiring for each of the panels, and a charge controller. It also includes a 200W power inverter. It assembled in an afternoon, and was light enough that I probably could have got it up on the roof of my shed/radio shack unassisted, but for safety's sake I enlisted the aid of a neighbor. I purchased a deep cycle battery from Costco for about $80, some 6 gauge wire from Home Depot ($15), a battery case from Walmart ($10), and Rigrunner 8012 from PowerWerx for $125 to complete the installation. I converted all the radio connections (IC-756 Pro II, IC-7000, IC 208, IC 2000, IC 2100, IC 2200, and IC 8000)to Anderson Power Poles to work with the Rig Runner. I like the Rig runner because each connection is separately fused. So for around $500 I have a solar powered-station. (The computers and Amplifier are still AC). After a month of operation in suburban San Diego, the battery has always been charges when I wanted to use a radio, and had adequate charge for as long as I wanted to be on the air. It has withstood two rainstorms and moderate winds.It appears to be a good quality, well engineered system more than adequate for my modest operating needs.