Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | Sentry Headphones 880CD Help

Reviews Summary for Sentry Headphones 880CD
Sentry Headphones 880CD Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $9.95 on Ebay Store Retail 15.00
Description: Full-Size Studio-Style Headphone
Soft Ear Pads & Headband
Driver Impedance: 32 Ohms
Rotary Volume Control
Driver Impedance: 32 Ohms
Frequency Response: 20-20,000MHz
Powerful 50mm Neodymium Magnets
Super-Thin Mylar Diaphragms
More info: http://www.sentryindustries.com/category/headphones/headphones_880cd.asp

You can write your own review of the Sentry Headphones 880CD.

N4UE Rating: 5/5 Aug 16, 2010 13:37 Send this review to a friend
Update: bought more!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I recently purchased more of these great headsets. I also just purchased a Yamaha CM500 which is also a great headset (with mic for around $50).
The 'phones in the Sentry sound just a good as the Yamaha (I was surprised!)
Two 'tips':

1. I put a small dab of superglue on the in-line volume control (in the max position)
2. I replaced the 1/8" stereo plug with a 1/4" mono plug, since I dislike 'adapters'.

Pushing in the 1/4" plug 'part way' so both the radio's speaker and the headset are operating, produces great volume. Pushed in all the way, the volume is reduced, but that way the station speaker won't disturb anyone. You just need to crank the af gain a bit.
This is true on all headsets (including the Yanaha) that have an impedance other than 8 ohms.

HAVE fun!!

ron
N4UE

N7BBX Rating: 5/5 Mar 27, 2009 07:52 Send this review to a friend
Nice and inexpensive  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I am astounded at the incredible prices for various headsets listed here on eHam.net. Some are over 400 US [more than I paid for my transciever]. Effective and comfortable headsets allow the operator to hear signals which may be to weak or distorted to hear with a speaker - nothing more nothing less. The 880CD works great for me after stretching out the headband a little. For the money its works fine.