Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | DX Engineering RFS-TS2P Receive Four Square Array Package Help

Reviews Summary for DX Engineering RFS-TS2P Receive Four Square Array Package
DX Engineering RFS-TS2P Receive Four Square Array Package Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $ 1,525.00
Description: Complete Receive Four Square Array package for Close Spacing to Transmit Antenna
W8JI design
Operates from 100 kHz to 30 MHz
Excellent directivity in a small space for better signal-to noise ratio
Switchable in four 90 degree spaced directions
Reduced susceptibility to high angle signals compared to EWE, Flag, Pennant, or K9AY arrays

Complete Receive Four Square Array Package for Close spacing to transmit antenna includes:
(1) DXE-ARAV2-4P Package of 4 Active Receive Vertical Antennas w/ Internal Antenna Disconnect Relays
(1) DXE-RFS-2 Receiving Four Square Antenna Switch
(1) DXE-CC-8 8 Position Control Console
(1) DXE-TVSU-1 Time Variable Sequence Unit
(1) DXE-F6-1000 CATV F-6 Style Coax, 75 ohm, F6 Flooded for Direct Burial, 1000' Spool
(25) DXE-SNS6-25 Snap-N-Seal 75 Ohm Coax Connectors for CATV F-6 Cable
(1) DXE-SNS-CT1 Crimp Tool for Snap-N-Seal 75 Ohm Coax Connectors
(1) DXE-CPT-659 CATV F-6, RG-6 and RG-59 Coax Cable Stripper, Includes 1 Replacement Blade

More info: http://www.dxengineering.com/search/part-type/hf-receive-vertical-antenna-array-packages/array-directional-selections/four-90-degree-spacing

You can write your own review of the DX Engineering RFS-TS2P Receive Four Square Array Package.

KB8O Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2016 12:20 Send this review to a friend
Very Impressed !  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Bought the package back in September. Took a good weekend to install with the array about 600 feet away from the QTH and I had to bury all the coax. I went with the 98' spacing to use on 160/80m. Now that low bands are starting to shape up I have been able to test the array. My other antennas are a 1100' loop at about 80 feet which hears very well, and a 160m dipole open wire fed at 70 feet. I went from watching the cluster but never hearing anything, to clicking on a spot and hearing them now. I am amazed that the perfect copy I get on European stations on the 4 square , but can't even hear them on the loop. The front to back is another huge plus as I don't get a lot of QRM from USA stations like on the loop. This has probably been one of the most enjoyable ham radio projects I have ever done since licensed, and pleased with the overall performance at the end. This system works and works great and I would buy it again ! I am actually thinking about in the summer time , installing the 8 circle array to use on my second desk in my contest station...

Jay KB8O

VE3CFK Rating: 5/5 Feb 17, 2014 07:06 Send this review to a friend
Best 160M Investment  Time owned: more than 12 months
DX Engineerings' 4-Square allowed me to work FT5ZM, Amsterdam Island on 160M. That made me one of only 50 Canadians to work them! The 4-square also allowed me to move from 35 entities using my transmit antenna to 126 entities on 160M over the past several years using the 4-square for receive. Noise in my neighborhood is S9+. There is no noise with the 4-square!

The first JA that I worked was "magical". Out of the silence came a JA calling CQ. A quick VE3CFK 599 and I was in the log. The same for VKs and Chesterfield Is.

The product is well engineered. The custom aluminum and stainless steel enclosures are what one would expect from commercial equipment. Materials of construction is top notch. Stainless steel hardware is utilized throughout. It has experienced 4 Canadian winters without failure and still looks like I installed it yesterday.

The package includes almost everything you need for the installation. Ground rods, clamps and grounding wire are required for the finished installation. Depending on soil conditions, radials may or may not be required. I did not require any, nor did a similar installation in the desert in Kingman Arizona.

Performance wise? The array is directionally steerable on 160, 80 and 40M. You can notch out interfering QRM and plasma TVs, or peak that desired DX for a new one. And although not steerable on the higher bands, the signal to noise ratio is much improved over my PRO57B in some instances.

Will a 4-square improve your reception even if you have a S zero noise level on your transmit antenna? Yes it will! I've seen it happen in Kingman Arizona in the desert. A four square can hear signals on 160M that a vertical transmit antenna cannot.

Best 160, 80 and 40M investment I have made in my 46 years as a ham.

Good DX
Chet, VE3CFK

K0ZR Rating: 5/5 Jul 27, 2013 21:35 Send this review to a friend
You Have to Experience It  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This could be the best money you spend in improving overall station performance. Generally, 80m CW is tiring, listening to all the QRN, etc. This system is eye-opening in its SNR improvement on the low bands. With a modest 70 ft side length, I have seen > 20 dB F/B, but most importantly, I can hear the stations that could always hear me but I could not hear them. I worked over 30 DX stations in 60 min tonight in IOTA test and most would have been unworkable (due to QRN) without the enhancements this system provides. If you don't have room for a beverage, you should seriously consider this system.

K0KT Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2009 16:00 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding product  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is an outstanding product. It has made low-band (80 and 160 meters) DXing really fun. In the past 4 years, I have worked 174 countries and 38 zones on 160 and 258 countries and 40 zones on 80 meters. Many of the corresponding QSO would have been impossible if I had been using my transmitting antenna for receiving.

For a related story describing my earlier experiences with this receive antenna, see

Bill Meeker
K0KT

AA6YQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 1, 2009 21:28 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Installed this RX 4-square last fall with 97' side length for operation on 80m and 160m, located ~50' from vertical TX antennas. Worked first time, and performance has been excellent! From QTH nr Boston, worked VU7SJ, JA8ISU, 7Z1SJ, A71BX, 3B8CF, K5D, and ZL7T for new ones on 160m.