Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Double Bazooka antenna 80 meter Help

Reviews Summary for Double Bazooka antenna 80 meter
Double Bazooka antenna 80 meter Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $160.00
Description: 80 meter broad band dipole heavy duty construction
More info: http://www.iacantennas.com/

You can write your own review of the Double Bazooka antenna 80 meter.

KF5YUB Rating: 4/5 Sep 10, 2014 08:29 Send this review to a friend
80,10-20 Meters No 40 Meters  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The DB is Quiet. It does take away the Signal Strength also. The advertisement says it will tune 10 - 40, well it does NOT work on 40 Meters. I have tried QSO's within 20 miles on 40 Meters and reports of No Signal came back further than 20 miles, and poor signal from Relay 20 miles away. "In the mud." I even still try but never a contact. I use an LDG Auto tuner. I only use Max of 100 Watts! (Also a 941E tuner.)
I have worked alternate Bands with success (NO DX!). This does work 10 - 20 and 80 for me.
Keep in mind this is a 1/2 wave dipole and the instructions say 60 feet center height and 15 feet legs. Lower will work but your signal will also be low.
I have read a 80 M will not work 40 M; true here.
Back to the Cushcraft for 40 Meters. Or build a specific 40 M DB, or Double Zep. I have some contacts using the DB and most with an Imax 2000, and Cushcraft R7. When one doesn't work the other will. I also have made 6 M contacts using a 6 M Dipole.
This is an easy antenna to build if you are looking to build one. Try Epoxy to weather seal and hold joints together.
Keep it "High and in the clear!"

W8YG Rating: 5/5 Apr 2, 2009 18:07 Send this review to a friend
Excellent antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is one of the most well made antennas I have ever put up. Heavy duty solid construction and easy to make resonant at the frequency of your choice.
I have flat topped it and had it in an inverted V and it just gets a great signal out.
Oh and all you Maxwell followers out there, yes it is a dipole. Oh yes I said it. But it is a dipole that is balanced by its feed line it tends to increase its ability to be at little more efficient than a standard dipole. Oh I put my foot in it now.LOL
Okay I can say this for sure I can usually work a station if I can hear it. It could be just magic I really don't know. I am to busy having fun to really care It works and its worth every dollar.
Oh and does it have gain? Hummm maybe maybe not. I know since I put it up out o 1000 miles with 100 watts I am 10 to 20 over , except on a kenwood 2000 I am a lowly S9...