Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | RT Systems Help

Reviews Summary for RT Systems
RT Systems Reviews: 86 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $25
Description: Radio programming software for a variety of Yaesu and Icom hand held and mobile radios.
More info: http://www.rtsystemsinc.com/index.cfm

You can write your own review of the RT Systems.

N6HPO Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2014 21:49 Send this review to a friend
ALINCO DR-235 [220 MHz] Software is a Snap!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've had nothing but smooth sailing with the other two software packages [ICOM 208-H and Yaesu FT-60R], so I thought that I'd give the Alinco a try today. HRO in San Diego had one left.

Inside of 5 minutes, I had the Alinco programmed and alphabetized. The Alinco accommodates a 7 digit alpha tag display [so does the software!] which is really nice. I love 220.

Laziness is not the issue for my programming a radio! As we get older, our hands and our vision can sometimes get compromised; it is difficult to program h/tees with large fingers and a magnifying glass.

Some complain that the price is a bit high, but I have always felt that my time is worth the expense. I programmed each of my radios manually, before I found the RT Systems. I'm sold on their great products.

Now, if they would only produce a software package for my Kenwood TH G-71A.

How 'bout it, R.T.; what d'ya say?

AD4IE Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2014 17:13 Send this review to a friend
A real time saver  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have two IC-7000's, one in the shack and one in my truck. I am not a computer person but this software was so easy to use that I was amazed. After a quick look at the start up procedure I was able to configure both of my radios without hardly any effort.

KB1CHU Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2014 12:05 Send this review to a friend
Greeat service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought a new Yaesu FT1DR and the software to program it. I had a problem in programming it and called RT Systems. I was put on hold for a few seconds and transferred to a tech. He knew the software and walked me through it and got me on the air fast. It was not a problem with the software but it was operator error on my part.(You should format a new SD card prior to use per the manual)
I have several copies of the RT Systems software for various radios and all work very well. I have never had a problem with one of their cables,They just work first time.I have no connection to them but happily buy their products

ZL1LK Rating: 1/5 Sep 18, 2014 02:57 Send this review to a friend
RT Systems for the Yaesu FTdx1200  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The WORST software ever!!!
I bought this RT Systems software for programming my Yaesu FTdx1200, what a joke!
The negative reasons are:

1) If you program up all your frequencies in to this software then to send it to the radio, it only puts the first frequency in to memory “0” and nothing else. There are two boxes to check “MEMORIES” and “MENU” if you un-check the menu box only, then only memory “0” will be sent. You have to keep both boxes checked then all memories are sent.

2) If you type in a frequency… lets say 8.867MHz (USB aircraft band) it automatically sets it as AM, then I click on USB with in the program then send it to the radio, it appears on the radio as 8.8685 (1.5kHz high) and yet it’s tuned in ok but if I tune that memory manually to 8.867MHz it’s then way off frequency. If I go to the VFO and manually tune in 8.867 is spot on frequency.
If I then send the radios data back to the computer then back to the radio, it now increases by another 1.5kHz and just keeps increasing.

3) There is no separate column for TX frequencies, only receive so no split can be entered although there is an offset column, I can’t seem to set the size of the split, it’s just say plus/minus. There are only five columns: RX frequency, offset, mode, tone and remarks.

4) There is a panel on the right hand side which looks like it’s there to control the radio, it DOES NOT! It has a button “CONNECT” if I click it with the wrong baud rate it certainly lets me know but if the baud rate is correct, it does nothing.

It seems like this program is unfinished and I have emailed RT Systems and they can’t be bothered replying.
My friend has the RT System for the FTdx3000 and it works perfectly with many more columns and the memories program fine, so as for the software for the FTdx1200… it works fine with the menu side but as for the memories it’ a BIG ZERO!!!! I’m extremely unhappy with it! So seems the menu programs ok, I can only give it a “1”

73 Roy ZL1LK

KG6ABF Rating: 4/5 Aug 22, 2014 10:57 Send this review to a friend
RT Systems for IC-9100  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Recently I have covered my experiences dealing with Tech Support of RT Systems. After a little over 1 months times it appears the software bugs have been worked through.

1. Rod and Matt have indeed called back when they said they would (recent change from prior no calls) So I can say now they ARE calling back.

2. The recent software update in the system software/update and the patches they worked up seems to have corrected the original drifting and auto-scanning off frequency of the IC-9100.

The problems were very pronounced on VHF and to a lesser extent on HF/UHF.

At this point,I am satisfied the software has stopped the irritating frequency drifting which made running a net or APRS/Packet impossible. You had to keep one hand on the VFO and constantly correct for the drift for the duration of the net. Correcting for APRS/Packet would require 24/7 attention and of course that was impossible.

So for the present with the current upgrades/patches (It did require some code revisions and the software did have bugs) the RT Systems software is working and hopefully continues to work.

The correction patches and software updates have been installed. All additional operators in our group (Total of 8 including me) all report the rigs are stable for now but we continue to monitor just in case the situation appears again.
Here is to hoping the problem is solved.

Thanks for reading and thanks to this site for having a place for reviews.

K7NG Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2014 14:56 Send this review to a friend
Good product family  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I now have RT Systems software and cable for three different radios. I was hesitant and skeptical about getting it for the first one of these three, an Alinco DG-G29T. After struggling with adaptors, ambiguous instructions, etc. with the Alinco software I felt I had no choice and sprang for the RT Systems package. Went just slick. Same thing for an Icom IC-92AD... just went and worked and I could figure out what I needed, mostly - and the RT website offers videos and stuff to help me with what I couldn't.

3rd radio is an Icom ID-5100a. I tried to download a file I'd made with RT Systems' software to the 5100 and the radio would do a full reset - never shut off from clone mode and then reset if you tried to shut off & turn back on. One call, picked up instantly by MATT at RT Systems, got the fix started. Turns out that something, somewhere, in the file I made causes the problem, and just cutting & pasting all the channel memories into another file fixed it all up. Perhaps the mystery bug will be found, but it sure proves there is a good product and if problems are encoutered they will be quickly and carefully dealt with.

It's worth the money.

KB3YBT Rating: 5/5 Jul 22, 2014 10:12 Send this review to a friend
awesome IT  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have RT Systems software and cables for all my radios. Had a problem with a Baofeng couldn't get it to work for anything. Called Tech support and walked me through diagnosing found out cable was bad sent me a new cable and it worked perfectly. thanks guys for a great product

VK5HCF Rating: 5/5 Jul 21, 2014 18:18 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product and service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have three versions of RT Systems cloning software and recently upgraded my usb cables which no longer worked. (The cables were non RT Systems and used the Prolific chipset)
I bought a complete cable/software set for a newish radio and a new RT Systems cable for an older radio. After having trouble with the software for an older radio I contacted RT Systems and a tech. helped me via email to sort it out. Turned out to be my mistake and not a problem with either the RT Systems cable or software. Greatly appreciated RT Systems and Dominec in particular.

N3FQG Rating: 5/5 Jun 20, 2014 15:06 Send this review to a friend
Just the very best !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just bought RT Systems software for all my radios. All I can say it is nothing sort of excellent. I had a problem with my IC-92AD and called Karin, she worked me through the problem. So again the customer service is also execlent. When it comes to D-star I wouldn't try without RT-Systems. The D-star calculator is the bomb ! All I can say is Wow great job Karin !!!!
Best 73's Always
Kelly, N3FQG

W2GTX Rating: 4/5 May 30, 2014 10:43 Send this review to a friend
Very good but with footnotes!  Time owned: more than 12 months
The software itself works as good as it can, I'm a Mac guy, but keep a small Windows laptop just for RTSystems programming software - I have the software for 11 radios and it's great to copy and paste between the memory channels. My only complaint is their 'download and burn a disk' program, when you take this route to get it faster and save shipping, instead of the expected .iso file you download a .exe file that installs a program that launches and burns a cd. The problem is, I have lots of computers that can burn disks, but they're all Macs and can't open a .exe file. I know i'm in the minority here, but not alone - a lot of us hams are using Macs or Linux in the shack and have an old WinPC around just for some programs. I understand all of the reasons RTS can't afford to compile their software cross-platform, what I can't understand is why they can't offer the flexibility of providing the industry-standard disk image (an .iso) OR offer a .exe file that just installs the software. When I asked their tech support this, their response was that their customers wouldn't know what to do with an .iso file, I found this a little insulting, their customers are hams and we figure out stuff - right?