Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | RT Systems Help

Reviews Summary for RT Systems
RT Systems Reviews: 121 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $25
Description: Radio programming software for a variety of Yaesu and Icom hand held and mobile radios.
More info: http://www.rtsystemsinc.com/index.cfm

You can write your own review of the RT Systems.

K8DXX Rating: 5/5 Oct 27, 2017 14:11 Send this review to a friend
Want to Join the Praise Band  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I want to join the rest of you praising RT Systems products. I'd always tried to use either the factory supplied programming software or Chirp. Recently in preparation for a long road trip, I purchased a Yaesu FTM 100DR radio. I downloaded the Yaesu software and gave it a try. I could not read from the radio. Did the same thing with Chirp but again, no luck. So, when I was weakest (at 11:30 PM) I paid $25 and downloaded the RT product for the FTM 100DR.

The RT Systems product worked the first time. Then I figured how to download repeater information from RepeaterBook. Wow, is that slick, not to mention a great time and back saver. I'm probably hooked for life.

Great job, RT Systems.

KD0ZV Rating: 5/5 Oct 27, 2017 08:03 Send this review to a friend
HUGE time saver  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Fantastic product and EXCELLENT support. Honest people too. I had the option to do a paid upgrade and I asked them about it. They asked me about my usage and when I told them they suggested I save my upgrade money this time around as there would not be any benefit to my use.

I am using it on the Icom 9100 which is what I use for 2 meters. Works great and much easier than manual entry.

K1NY Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2017 19:38 Send this review to a friend
These guys are good!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Excellent support. Had an issue with a cable and they solved the problem over the phone in minutes.
Polite and helpful.

KC2YRJ Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2017 17:56 Send this review to a friend
Loyal Customer  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have RT Systems programmers and cables for my Yaesu FT-60R/FT-897D/FT-7900R and FTdx-5000. Everything works the way it should and enables me to maximize my enjoyment of my radios. Just as importantly, I have found that their customer support is outstanding. The few times I've needed their help my inquiries were returned very promptly and expertly. The level of trust I have in this company and its products is very high.

KC1FYA Rating: 2/5 May 4, 2017 11:30 Send this review to a friend
Buggy  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The RT software for my Kenwood TH-D74 finally loaded on my PC after trying several methods. I programmed it with the repeater frequencies in my area, and sent it to the radio. It caused the TH-D74 to crash - no transmit or receive. I sent the HT to a Kenwood service center. They reloaded the factory software, and reloaded the radio with the factory program, and returned it with the comment "Suspect another RT Systems programming failure." The software from RT Systems may be buggy, although I can find no articles about it. A call to their help desk was an excercise in futility. The engineer who was assigned to that software was on vacation for a week, and no one else could help.

W6KKO Rating: 5/5 Apr 21, 2017 20:24 Send this review to a friend
Convenient   Time owned: more than 12 months
I own over a half dozen versions of their software for different radios. It makes it easy to transfer frequencies from one radio to another even though the radios are different models and manufacturers.

Kenwood's free programs are not too bad, but the compatibility of using RT Systems works for me, especially as I own two of the same radio in some cases as well as a particular cable will work on several different radios.

Lately, with newer radios using a memory card their specific cable is not needed, but they still offer the software.

As to support, I have an old Yaesu VR-500 receiver and there was some kind of software update and my cable no longer worked. I emailed support and they sent a new cable as well as the new software at no cost to me, other than I think I paid for the shipping.

I have used the software on XP and now use it on Windows 7, 8, and 10 on laptops and tablets. If their software worked on a Mac running OS X as well I would be further delighted.

K1AVE Rating: 5/5 Apr 21, 2017 13:21 Send this review to a friend
Great products - Excellent support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have RT software for my FT-7800, FT-817, VX-6R and now the IC-7300. Any problems I've had were addressed quickly either by return e-mail or a phone call from them. I've upgraded from Vers 4 to Vers 5 and have had no significant issues. The tutorials are very helpful and well worth the time it takes to read them.
Been a customer/user for over eight years and see no reason to change.

KC1FYA Rating: 0/5 Apr 21, 2017 06:40 Send this review to a friend
Problems on 2 PCs  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just purchased a Kenwood TH-D74A and RT Systems software for the same unit. On a Windows 7 PC, the program would not run, giving an error in the RT Systems engine. I then loaded the software on a new Windows 8.1 laptop. The software started, but when I tried to connect to the HT, it kept reporting that it could not find the radio. I tried every combination of ports, power on/off, etc.
I have previously sucessfully used RT Systems with a Yaseau VX8d, and it worked perfectly. There is either a bug in the software, or a bad cable (supplied).

W4FID Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2017 04:47 Send this review to a friend
the best  Time owned: more than 12 months
many years ago several of us were instrumental in launching our EOC stations and getting a D-Star repeater up. We had numerous manufacturers and models of equipment. We tried various manufacturer's software and other 3rd party systems. RT was by far the best and we used it to launch the EOC, our personal stuff, and brought many others on board along the way. It is by far the easiest to use.

WO7T Rating: 0/5 Apr 7, 2017 22:46 Send this review to a friend
FT-1500M software a bust  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Lost original ADMS-2F diskette. So my fault that I'm missing the software, right. I go ahead a spring for the $25 software and download what might be a fresher updated version after 10 yrs. It appears now they have keyed the installation of the new software to having their unique USB cord or the software does not even install on the computer. Another USB-29F cable does not work. Paid for software that throws an err code #2 and complains it cannot proceed with installation, as I don't have THEIR USB-29F. I'll be sticking with CHIRP or G4HFQ for my software, as I searched around the RT site and for many other radios they have enacted this software integration forcing the buying of their specific cable for many of their software packages. They should not be selling the two distinctly if the combo is the only thing that actually works.