Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | RT Systems Help

Reviews Summary for RT Systems
RT Systems Reviews: 82 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $25
Description: Radio programming software for a variety of Yaesu and Icom hand held and mobile radios.
More info: http://www.rtsystemsinc.com/index.cfm

You can write your own review of the RT Systems.

KG6ABF Rating: 4/5 Aug 22, 2014 10:57 Send this review to a friend
RT Systems for IC-9100  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Recently I have covered my experiences dealing with Tech Support of RT Systems. After a little over 1 months times it appears the software bugs have been worked through.

1. Rod and Matt have indeed called back when they said they would (recent change from prior no calls) So I can say now they ARE calling back.

2. The recent software update in the system software/update and the patches they worked up seems to have corrected the original drifting and auto-scanning off frequency of the IC-9100.

The problems were very pronounced on VHF and to a lesser extent on HF/UHF.

At this point,I am satisfied the software has stopped the irritating frequency drifting which made running a net or APRS/Packet impossible. You had to keep one hand on the VFO and constantly correct for the drift for the duration of the net. Correcting for APRS/Packet would require 24/7 attention and of course that was impossible.

So for the present with the current upgrades/patches (It did require some code revisions and the software did have bugs) the RT Systems software is working and hopefully continues to work.

The correction patches and software updates have been installed. All additional operators in our group (Total of 8 including me) all report the rigs are stable for now but we continue to monitor just in case the situation appears again.
Here is to hoping the problem is solved.

Thanks for reading and thanks to this site for having a place for reviews.

K7NG Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2014 14:56 Send this review to a friend
Good product family  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I now have RT Systems software and cable for three different radios. I was hesitant and skeptical about getting it for the first one of these three, an Alinco DG-G29T. After struggling with adaptors, ambiguous instructions, etc. with the Alinco software I felt I had no choice and sprang for the RT Systems package. Went just slick. Same thing for an Icom IC-92AD... just went and worked and I could figure out what I needed, mostly - and the RT website offers videos and stuff to help me with what I couldn't.

3rd radio is an Icom ID-5100a. I tried to download a file I'd made with RT Systems' software to the 5100 and the radio would do a full reset - never shut off from clone mode and then reset if you tried to shut off & turn back on. One call, picked up instantly by MATT at RT Systems, got the fix started. Turns out that something, somewhere, in the file I made causes the problem, and just cutting & pasting all the channel memories into another file fixed it all up. Perhaps the mystery bug will be found, but it sure proves there is a good product and if problems are encoutered they will be quickly and carefully dealt with.

It's worth the money.

KB3YBT Rating: 5/5 Jul 22, 2014 10:12 Send this review to a friend
awesome IT  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have RT Systems software and cables for all my radios. Had a problem with a Baofeng couldn't get it to work for anything. Called Tech support and walked me through diagnosing found out cable was bad sent me a new cable and it worked perfectly. thanks guys for a great product

VK5HCF Rating: 5/5 Jul 21, 2014 18:18 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product and service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have three versions of RT Systems cloning software and recently upgraded my usb cables which no longer worked. (The cables were non RT Systems and used the Prolific chipset)
I bought a complete cable/software set for a newish radio and a new RT Systems cable for an older radio. After having trouble with the software for an older radio I contacted RT Systems and a tech. helped me via email to sort it out. Turned out to be my mistake and not a problem with either the RT Systems cable or software. Greatly appreciated RT Systems and Dominec in particular.

N3FQG Rating: 5/5 Jun 20, 2014 15:06 Send this review to a friend
Just the very best !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just bought RT Systems software for all my radios. All I can say it is nothing sort of excellent. I had a problem with my IC-92AD and called Karin, she worked me through the problem. So again the customer service is also execlent. When it comes to D-star I wouldn't try without RT-Systems. The D-star calculator is the bomb ! All I can say is Wow great job Karin !!!!
Best 73's Always
Kelly, N3FQG

W2GTX Rating: 4/5 May 30, 2014 10:43 Send this review to a friend
Very good but with footnotes!  Time owned: more than 12 months
The software itself works as good as it can, I'm a Mac guy, but keep a small Windows laptop just for RTSystems programming software - I have the software for 11 radios and it's great to copy and paste between the memory channels. My only complaint is their 'download and burn a disk' program, when you take this route to get it faster and save shipping, instead of the expected .iso file you download a .exe file that installs a program that launches and burns a cd. The problem is, I have lots of computers that can burn disks, but they're all Macs and can't open a .exe file. I know i'm in the minority here, but not alone - a lot of us hams are using Macs or Linux in the shack and have an old WinPC around just for some programs. I understand all of the reasons RTS can't afford to compile their software cross-platform, what I can't understand is why they can't offer the flexibility of providing the industry-standard disk image (an .iso) OR offer a .exe file that just installs the software. When I asked their tech support this, their response was that their customers wouldn't know what to do with an .iso file, I found this a little insulting, their customers are hams and we figure out stuff - right?

K5REZ Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2014 08:59 Send this review to a friend
Very Helpful - FT60R  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This software was easy to use, allowed me to label the frequencies in my HT and provided a nice database to repeaters. Looking for a new friend for your HT? RT Systems can help you.

I've built up databases for the three states that most likely I'll travel and have them stored for ready upload if/when I travel. Very helpful!

KK8ZZ Rating: 2/5 Apr 4, 2014 21:25 Send this review to a friend
Ghosting COM Ports  Time owned: more than 12 months
While I've been happy with the functionality of every programing package I've bought, be aware that the software cannot be deleted with Windows program manager, and the RT software leaves "ghost com ports" tied up that take considerable effort to delete manually, and that's the ONLY way to delete them. If you're a ham operator trying to do control of rotors, Steppir control, or others, good luck

W5DGM Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2014 14:46 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have three different brands of HT's - Yaesu, Icom, and Baofeng (I'm sure a growing number of you have one of those). I had issues trying to program the radios, and after reading some of the other reviews here on eham.net, I went online to rtsystemsinc.com and ordered software for each model of mine. Three days later I received the package, I followed the manufacture's directions and in almost no time, I had perfectly programmed radios, with my favorite frequencies, repeaters, etc. Saved me a lot of time. Customer service is top notch. Highly recommended.

NA5XX Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2014 17:24 Send this review to a friend
Good Software Great customer servoce  Time owned: more than 12 months
I decided to upgrade the software for one of my radios from ver3.xx to ver4.xx. Unfortunately the old cable is not compatible with the new version. RT systems told my of their upgrade program. Destroy the old disc,send a picture and get 25% off a new cable and software. I emailed the picture Sunday evening. I called and spoke to them at about 0930 Monday. They were aware of the email and took my order. By noon, I had an email conformation of my order and conformation that it had shipped. Delivery is expected by Thur. I could not ask for better service. Now I can integrate programming of all my radios via the RT Systems software.