Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | RT Systems Help

Reviews Summary for RT Systems
RT Systems Reviews: 82 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $25
Description: Radio programming software for a variety of Yaesu and Icom hand held and mobile radios.
More info: http://www.rtsystemsinc.com/index.cfm

You can write your own review of the RT Systems.

KG6ABF Rating: 0/5 Aug 20, 2014 21:08 Send this review to a friend
R/T System fo IC-9100  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is a follow up to my last review. I finally received a response following the posting of my prior review. I was sent a patch in the form of a programming file to install/load into my almost new IC-9100. Apparently it takes a posted review to get a response from RT systems.

After installing the alleged fix the same problems were present. In fact the problems were more pronounced and had to go through a complete reset and reprogramming of the rig manually.

Had I known this software was so bug filled I would not have bought it in the first place. It is the software as 7 different rigs at seven different shacks can't all have hardware issues.

It has been almost 2 weeks since last contact from the company and it seems they respond only after someone posts a negative or less than sterling review of their software.

The other packages seem to work okay, but this particular one for the IC-9100 is a real problem.

I hope they either fix the bug or offer some refund to those who purchased this product. They should also admit the bug pull it from the shelves and not offer it for sale until they can produce a working program without all the issues.

They need to seriously address the way they handle customer inquiries for technical support and when they can't fix a product a refund is the least they should be offering.

They have had ample time to fix the issues and have not contacted me to follow up as they promised nor have they offered anything beyond the bad patch. At this point a refund is due.

Please consider this review should you even think of buying RT systems software for an Icom IC-9100 and contact Icom tech support as they will offer similar advice to avoid this product since it causes nothing but problems once installed. You will not get adequate customer support and you certainly will not get anything but a worthless CD filled with useless bugged filled bits and a cable the drivers won't even work with now.

K7NG Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2014 14:56 Send this review to a friend
Good product family  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I now have RT Systems software and cable for three different radios. I was hesitant and skeptical about getting it for the first one of these three, an Alinco DG-G29T. After struggling with adaptors, ambiguous instructions, etc. with the Alinco software I felt I had no choice and sprang for the RT Systems package. Went just slick. Same thing for an Icom IC-92AD... just went and worked and I could figure out what I needed, mostly - and the RT website offers videos and stuff to help me with what I couldn't.

3rd radio is an Icom ID-5100a. I tried to download a file I'd made with RT Systems' software to the 5100 and the radio would do a full reset - never shut off from clone mode and then reset if you tried to shut off & turn back on. One call, picked up instantly by MATT at RT Systems, got the fix started. Turns out that something, somewhere, in the file I made causes the problem, and just cutting & pasting all the channel memories into another file fixed it all up. Perhaps the mystery bug will be found, but it sure proves there is a good product and if problems are encoutered they will be quickly and carefully dealt with.

It's worth the money.

KB3YBT Rating: 5/5 Jul 22, 2014 10:12 Send this review to a friend
awesome IT  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have RT Systems software and cables for all my radios. Had a problem with a Baofeng couldn't get it to work for anything. Called Tech support and walked me through diagnosing found out cable was bad sent me a new cable and it worked perfectly. thanks guys for a great product

VK5HCF Rating: 5/5 Jul 21, 2014 18:18 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product and service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have three versions of RT Systems cloning software and recently upgraded my usb cables which no longer worked. (The cables were non RT Systems and used the Prolific chipset)
I bought a complete cable/software set for a newish radio and a new RT Systems cable for an older radio. After having trouble with the software for an older radio I contacted RT Systems and a tech. helped me via email to sort it out. Turned out to be my mistake and not a problem with either the RT Systems cable or software. Greatly appreciated RT Systems and Dominec in particular.

N3FQG Rating: 5/5 Jun 20, 2014 15:06 Send this review to a friend
Just the very best !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just bought RT Systems software for all my radios. All I can say it is nothing sort of excellent. I had a problem with my IC-92AD and called Karin, she worked me through the problem. So again the customer service is also execlent. When it comes to D-star I wouldn't try without RT-Systems. The D-star calculator is the bomb ! All I can say is Wow great job Karin !!!!
Best 73's Always
Kelly, N3FQG

W2GTX Rating: 4/5 May 30, 2014 10:43 Send this review to a friend
Very good but with footnotes!  Time owned: more than 12 months
The software itself works as good as it can, I'm a Mac guy, but keep a small Windows laptop just for RTSystems programming software - I have the software for 11 radios and it's great to copy and paste between the memory channels. My only complaint is their 'download and burn a disk' program, when you take this route to get it faster and save shipping, instead of the expected .iso file you download a .exe file that installs a program that launches and burns a cd. The problem is, I have lots of computers that can burn disks, but they're all Macs and can't open a .exe file. I know i'm in the minority here, but not alone - a lot of us hams are using Macs or Linux in the shack and have an old WinPC around just for some programs. I understand all of the reasons RTS can't afford to compile their software cross-platform, what I can't understand is why they can't offer the flexibility of providing the industry-standard disk image (an .iso) OR offer a .exe file that just installs the software. When I asked their tech support this, their response was that their customers wouldn't know what to do with an .iso file, I found this a little insulting, their customers are hams and we figure out stuff - right?

K5REZ Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2014 08:59 Send this review to a friend
Very Helpful - FT60R  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This software was easy to use, allowed me to label the frequencies in my HT and provided a nice database to repeaters. Looking for a new friend for your HT? RT Systems can help you.

I've built up databases for the three states that most likely I'll travel and have them stored for ready upload if/when I travel. Very helpful!

KK8ZZ Rating: 2/5 Apr 4, 2014 21:25 Send this review to a friend
Ghosting COM Ports  Time owned: more than 12 months
While I've been happy with the functionality of every programing package I've bought, be aware that the software cannot be deleted with Windows program manager, and the RT software leaves "ghost com ports" tied up that take considerable effort to delete manually, and that's the ONLY way to delete them. If you're a ham operator trying to do control of rotors, Steppir control, or others, good luck

W5DGM Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2014 14:46 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have three different brands of HT's - Yaesu, Icom, and Baofeng (I'm sure a growing number of you have one of those). I had issues trying to program the radios, and after reading some of the other reviews here on eham.net, I went online to rtsystemsinc.com and ordered software for each model of mine. Three days later I received the package, I followed the manufacture's directions and in almost no time, I had perfectly programmed radios, with my favorite frequencies, repeaters, etc. Saved me a lot of time. Customer service is top notch. Highly recommended.

NA5XX Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2014 17:24 Send this review to a friend
Good Software Great customer servoce  Time owned: more than 12 months
I decided to upgrade the software for one of my radios from ver3.xx to ver4.xx. Unfortunately the old cable is not compatible with the new version. RT systems told my of their upgrade program. Destroy the old disc,send a picture and get 25% off a new cable and software. I emailed the picture Sunday evening. I called and spoke to them at about 0930 Monday. They were aware of the email and took my order. By noon, I had an email conformation of my order and conformation that it had shipped. Delivery is expected by Thur. I could not ask for better service. Now I can integrate programming of all my radios via the RT Systems software.