Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | RT Systems Help

Reviews Summary for RT Systems
RT Systems Reviews: 104 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $25
Description: Radio programming software for a variety of Yaesu and Icom hand held and mobile radios.
More info: http://www.rtsystemsinc.com/index.cfm

You can write your own review of the RT Systems.

K3KRN Rating: 5/5 May 21, 2016 22:51 Send this review to a friend
huge time saver  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use rt systems programing software for all my radios. took me about 30 minutes to program 70 frequencies into an icom ic-2300h using rt systems software(wcs2300). without said same software, said same programing would have taken approximately 2-3 hours. highly recommend.

G4DWV Rating: 5/5 Apr 14, 2016 08:49 Send this review to a friend
WOW!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The price of the software had dropped by £10 so I took the plunge. I got a package with v4.5 in it. The web site shows that a v5 is available for all their programmers. I contacted RT Systems and they wanted $15 to upgrade! I said if I knew that there would be a charge I would have returned v4 and waited until the retailer had v5 in stock. They sent me the upgrade for free! PLUS excellent tech support on other questions.

The registration of the software is a piece of cake and the programmer is licensed per user so can be installed on as many PCs as one has.

I now consider my 2/5 not to be representative of the company so I will ask eHam to remove it.

N7AS Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2016 21:56 Send this review to a friend
Really quick software updates.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased the RT Systems for my Baofeng UV-6 a short time ago. I found that when programing channels the rows started with O, so wnen programing the radio channel 1 on the radio was actually on row o and not 1 as it should be.

I called them yesterday 01-20-2016 and asked them if there was a fix. Today 01-21-2016 they called me and said there was a software update. How is that for FAST. RT Systems are great.You do not have to hunt for USB drivers as it is installed during software installation

VE3TCV Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2016 07:11 Send this review to a friend
Worthy investment  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I use the software for my Yaesu FTDX-3000 and FT-991 radios, the software does exactly what is advertised, it lets me back up my radio's menu settings and memory channels. Programming memories manually into my FT-991 used to take hours, now I can add/remove/change in seconds! Also, if you update the firmware in some radios you will lose all of your menu items such as microphone and data settings, this software lets you back up all of these settings as well.

RT updates their software quite often, I normally see an update to my programs at least once a month.

With the FTDX-3000 software I have witnessed the feature-set improve dramatically by adding more variables to the saved memories as well as improve it's ability to backup additional radio/menu items.

RT software is well worth the $$

M0MSD Rating: 2/5 Jan 3, 2016 03:01 Send this review to a friend
FT-991 Programming Software  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have read lots of positive reviews about the customer service when there is a problem with the software, however I have to differ. Perhaps it is because I am in the UK and as such in a very small potential market place and use email rather than the telephone to contact the company. They did not acknowledge receipt of emails, or give indication on any possible software updates to rectify the situation. Only when asked for a refund as the software is not fit for purpose, did they respond. Even more concerning was that their description of how the FT991 stores repeater memories with different offsets on the same band, was completely wrong. I have requested a refund 3 times, as the software is not suitable. All 3 requests have been ignored. I have their software for my FT2D which works correctly. I would give a score of 2.5 but as I wont round up they get a score of 2.
If you live in the UK or Europe I would avoid purchasing their software unless you know someone in the UK or Europe, who has used the specific software you intend to purchase.

K7BAB Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2015 12:41 Send this review to a friend
A Pleasure to Use   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After having my Yaesu FT-60 for about 5 years and being put off by the complexity of programming it manually I got the RT Systems kit.
I installed the software on a Lenovo i5 with Windows 8.1. The installation was flawless, even with all the on-line updates.
The computer/software combo interfaced without any stalling or problems. The up and back transfer of data was very quick.
The construction quality of the dongle was very good.
If you can enter numbers and check boxes, you can use this software/hardware package. It is a pleasure to use.
Repeater offsets are brought up by the entered receive frequency. I like the ability to assign the entries to blocks, like I did for different geographical areas.
Buy this package, donít hesitate.
Barbara

KV7AC Rating: 5/5 Sep 18, 2015 10:17 Send this review to a friend
Well worth the $$  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have several programming kits from RT Systems, and each on has performed flawlessly (until the radio manufacturer changes something in their radio, and then RTS is quick to respond with updates). Also very user-friendly, IMO. Their customer-support is off-the-charts-good. Highly recommended.

KD7CAO Rating: 1/5 Sep 16, 2015 11:07 Send this review to a friend
No Digital Downloads  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
RT Systems makes some of the best programming software on the market and their cables have been some of the most reliable to use. With that being said I am amazed they have not stepped into the 21st century and gone to digital downloads. Their software still requires one to do the actual installation from a CD-ROM. This was the same complaint I had years ago when they made IC-W32A software which must be installed from a 1.44 Floppy Disk (my computer did not have one, had to buy a Floppy just for their software). Now it looks like I have stepped in it again and now have to buy an optical drive for a single brand of software.

If major companies such as Microsoft, Adobe, Motorola, and other major companies and small ones alike can move to digital downloads then it is time for RT Systems to join the boat too. Their suggestion on the site is to map a network optical drive to the computer, what if you only have the single computer? I haven't had an optical drive in a computer for almost 10 years now.

W2RIK Rating: 5/5 Aug 26, 2015 13:24 Send this review to a friend
The best!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using their s/w since 1987 to program my Icom W-32A and yesterday I needed to call their Tech Support.

EXCELLENT! The product and support is stellar.

KA3YAN Rating: 5/5 Aug 17, 2015 09:33 Send this review to a friend
A huge time saver for multiple radios  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using RT Systems cables and software for a number of years now with great success. My first purchase was for an IC-7000. Then I purchased a IC-92AD and with a new cable and software, was able to use the same database. Then I traded up for an IC-756ProIII. Great radio, and with a new software I was able to use my same IC-7000 (RTS-01) cable and the same shared database that I was using for the IC-7000 and IC-92AD. The I purchased a Kenwood TH-D710A for my car. Of course the interface cable was different, so with a new cable and software I could use the same database that I used with all of my other radios. The VHF/UHF frequencies popped right over no problem.

I could go on and on. I change radios frequently as I trade up and down for something different. Each time I've purchased the cable (if needed) and software from RT Systems and have never been disappointed. Such a great company to deal with too. Anytime I've had an issue, it was immediately addressed by customer support. Thanks Domenic, Sean, Patrick & Karin...all who have helped me when I had questions.

Another perk is that most of the RT Systems cables also act as CAT/C-IV cables for radios that support computer control. No need to worry about making sure you have a USB-to-serial cable with the correct chipset. The RT Systems cables work out of the box with the RT Systems software.