Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | RT Systems Help

Reviews Summary for RT Systems
RT Systems Reviews: 111 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $25
Description: Radio programming software for a variety of Yaesu and Icom hand held and mobile radios.
More info: http://www.rtsystemsinc.com/index.cfm

You can write your own review of the RT Systems.

WW4MSK Rating: 0/5 Dec 13, 2016 15:39 Send this review to a friend
Product is good, serial number support lacking  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I really like the RT Systems software--it does what it says for the radios I own. It is a pain to buy it over and over again for each radio, but I get that it takes them effort to add new support as radios emerge.

Here's my problem with RT Systems--twice now I made a purchase via their electronic download. Both times there were serial number issues and I could not retrieve my product or serial number via my order number link. They confirmed the first time it was a back end issue, but this time their technical support said my serial number being reported as bad was due to my AV software. Really, a text code placed into your application fires AV software????

I knew better and asked for an escalation--a day later they realized the code was incorrect and was actual from a prior purchase. They made it sound like I put the wrong code in. I sent them the actual email from the recent purchase showing they sent me the wrong code. What a pain. On top of the wrong code, the links they send to retrieve your order do not work. Another backend issue with some poor coding.

Anyway, the product is fine, the support and serial number methodology for electronic delivery has a lot to improve. Customer support is there to assist the customer and not dismiss the customer with made up responses.

AD5KO Rating: 5/5 Dec 10, 2016 14:55 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used RT Systems software for a long time.

It always works very well and makes everything easy, especially when compared to the manufactures software which usually sucks. Like Yaesu ADMS software, crap in comparison to RT Systems which is reliable and flows beautifully when used.

It makes programming anything easy, and fun.

Excellent.

K7RFI Rating: 5/5 Oct 28, 2016 21:20 Send this review to a friend
RT software is great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have used rt software for my ft 991 for a few months
and worked fine until replaced the hard drive with a ssd.could not get it to work, e-mailed rt back and forth.
not much success finally Jaquelin told me to call her
she gave me the id code to re down load and worked fine...she went above and beyond!! customer service is
excellent.

K4PDM Rating: 5/5 Jul 7, 2016 04:17 Send this review to a friend
Smooth as silk  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I only recently began using RT Systems software. Prior to this, I was an advocate of manual programming and actually thought it was fun. However, I purchased a used rig and the owner included the RT Systems software and cable. Man, what a difference! Since then I've bought RT Systems programming software for two other radios I own. I can have the same memories programmed in my HTs as my base and mobile rigs, just by copying, pasting, and loading into the radios. Sweet! No problems with drivers, it all works great on Windows 10. Highly recommended.

KF9MP Rating: 0/5 Jul 1, 2016 14:42 Send this review to a friend
Crash and burn  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased a new Yaesu FT-450D and a new copy of the RT systems CAT programming USB cable and software. Via tech support on the phone we could not get it to work, all I could get trying to transfer data from the radio to the computer was Check sum error. Sent it back for a refund.

I have the same software for my FT817 and VX3, it works fine. But for the FT450 tech support could not get it to work, stating there must be a change in the radio they were not aware of. They better refund my postage for sending their cable and CD back too!

W6LBV Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2016 08:18 Send this review to a friend
"For everything else, there's RT Systems!"  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I had the opportunity to become familiar with RT Systems programming hardware and software when I was given the assignment to develop a standardized radio programming system for a large, geographically-distributed Amateur radio EmComm network. The bulk of the network hardware at each facility was composed of multiple single-band VHF/UHF transceivers from a common manufacturer. The remainder included several HF transceivers from a different manufacturer. The project goal was to develop “pre-built” standardized frequency loads for each band, which loads could be “squirted” quickly into the radios. This would give the transceivers common, uniform rasters of operating channels in their memories.

I tested three candidate programming systems (i.e., both software and programming cables): RT Systems, the VHF/UHF radio manufacturer’s own “captive” third party products, and the free, public domain programming software.

It wasn’t much of a competition, and the “race” didn’t last very long. The RT Systems software packages and programming cables were immediately identifiable as the superior products. The other two competitors were then set aside.

I now have the experience of programming a number of the EmComm radios with the RT Systems products. In addition, I have purchased for my own use two RT Systems dedicated packages: one for an Icom receiver/scanner, and a second for a Kenwood VHF/UHF transceiver.

In my experience, the RT System programming cables are superior to the others, in two respects. First, mechanically they are the strongest and most durable of all that I have seen. Second, the USB-based cables use a USB-to-serial line conversion chip for which software drivers are current, easily available, and require little set-up. They are close to being truly “plug and play,” and they have never caused any problems.

The RT System radio programming software applications are certainly “finished products.” They work (under Windows 7, in my case) “first time, every time.” I’ve never had a failure. They feature a kind of “common GUI” which seems to be carried through most if not all of their product line. Once you learn the first package, other new packages can be mastered without referring to manuals or help screens.

The internal programming and editing functions seem to be well constructed, and processing the internal frequency data seems to be about as easy as with any spread sheet. Loading the finished channel raster that has been built in the software application into the radio (or, conversely, reading down the existing pattern already in the radio into a computer file) takes just a couple of minutes. The transfer process runs without a hitch.

I’ve now used the RT Systems programming packages and hardware on four different radio manufacturers’ products. Everything has worked perfectly, and I’ve never had problems. This is about as good as it gets in radio programming systems: it works easily and quickly, after which you set it aside and forget about it!

RT Systems does not publish “rig-control by PC” applications (i.e. Ham Radio Deluxe style of software), and for these purposes I generally use the equipment manufacturers' published applications. “But, for everything else, there’s RT Systems!”

W9JN Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2016 20:31 Send this review to a friend
APK-500-USB for Alinco DJ-500T  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
In the last week I purchased an Alinco DJ-500T 2 70cm HT. Yes I was able to program a few things to see the difference between the RT Systems program and the on board menu. By far the programming software is much faster and very accurate. I did have one problem with communicating from the computer to the radio. I called RT tech support. In no time I was using the program. Jaquelin the service rep did an outstanding through job. The quality of the cable and software are top notch.

K3KRN Rating: 5/5 May 21, 2016 22:51 Send this review to a friend
huge time saver  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use rt systems programing software for all my radios. took me about 30 minutes to program 70 frequencies into an icom ic-2300h using rt systems software(wcs2300). without said same software, said same programing would have taken approximately 2-3 hours. highly recommend.

G4DWV Rating: 5/5 Apr 14, 2016 08:49 Send this review to a friend
WOW!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The price of the software had dropped by £10 so I took the plunge. I got a package with v4.5 in it. The web site shows that a v5 is available for all their programmers. I contacted RT Systems and they wanted $15 to upgrade! I said if I knew that there would be a charge I would have returned v4 and waited until the retailer had v5 in stock. They sent me the upgrade for free! PLUS excellent tech support on other questions.

The registration of the software is a piece of cake and the programmer is licensed per user so can be installed on as many PCs as one has.

I now consider my 2/5 not to be representative of the company so I will ask eHam to remove it.

N7AS Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2016 21:56 Send this review to a friend
Really quick software updates.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased the RT Systems for my Baofeng UV-6 a short time ago. I found that when programing channels the rows started with O, so wnen programing the radio channel 1 on the radio was actually on row o and not 1 as it should be.

I called them yesterday 01-20-2016 and asked them if there was a fix. Today 01-21-2016 they called me and said there was a software update. How is that for FAST. RT Systems are great.You do not have to hunt for USB drivers as it is installed during software installation