Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | RT Systems Help

Reviews Summary for RT Systems
RT Systems Reviews: 86 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $25
Description: Radio programming software for a variety of Yaesu and Icom hand held and mobile radios.
More info: http://www.rtsystemsinc.com/index.cfm

You can write your own review of the RT Systems.

K5REZ Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2014 08:59 Send this review to a friend
Very Helpful - FT60R  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This software was easy to use, allowed me to label the frequencies in my HT and provided a nice database to repeaters. Looking for a new friend for your HT? RT Systems can help you.

I've built up databases for the three states that most likely I'll travel and have them stored for ready upload if/when I travel. Very helpful!

KK8ZZ Rating: 2/5 Apr 4, 2014 21:25 Send this review to a friend
Ghosting COM Ports  Time owned: more than 12 months
While I've been happy with the functionality of every programing package I've bought, be aware that the software cannot be deleted with Windows program manager, and the RT software leaves "ghost com ports" tied up that take considerable effort to delete manually, and that's the ONLY way to delete them. If you're a ham operator trying to do control of rotors, Steppir control, or others, good luck

W5DGM Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2014 14:46 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have three different brands of HT's - Yaesu, Icom, and Baofeng (I'm sure a growing number of you have one of those). I had issues trying to program the radios, and after reading some of the other reviews here on eham.net, I went online to rtsystemsinc.com and ordered software for each model of mine. Three days later I received the package, I followed the manufacture's directions and in almost no time, I had perfectly programmed radios, with my favorite frequencies, repeaters, etc. Saved me a lot of time. Customer service is top notch. Highly recommended.

NA5XX Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2014 17:24 Send this review to a friend
Good Software Great customer servoce  Time owned: more than 12 months
I decided to upgrade the software for one of my radios from ver3.xx to ver4.xx. Unfortunately the old cable is not compatible with the new version. RT systems told my of their upgrade program. Destroy the old disc,send a picture and get 25% off a new cable and software. I emailed the picture Sunday evening. I called and spoke to them at about 0930 Monday. They were aware of the email and took my order. By noon, I had an email conformation of my order and conformation that it had shipped. Delivery is expected by Thur. I could not ask for better service. Now I can integrate programming of all my radios via the RT Systems software.

K0ZRK Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2014 15:06 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use RT Systems software to program my Kenwood and Icom VHF/UHF rigs. It's easy to set up and easy to use. I can copy and paste a file from one rig to another, so it's my memory channels are in the same order when using a different rig. The only time I had any problem programming a radio, RT Systems spent a half hour with me on the phone, then sent me two (2) more programming cables to make sure the cable wasn't the problem. The problem turned out to be in the rig, which had to be sent back to the factory for warranty repair. Their software and cables are great, and the support is over the moon.

KD5KTX Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2014 09:38 Send this review to a friend
Works for me  Time owned: more than 12 months
Over the years, I have had five or more RTS programs, from floppy discs to DVD. I have never had a problem and they allow me to transfer data between my Icom, Yaesu, and cheap Chinese HT's without a problem. I find the cables to be high quality. I see guys spend thousands on radios, but nothing for software. They use cheap cables with pirated chips and free programs that are labor intensive. I am not a computer guru. I just like easy to use programs that work.

K7UPJ Rating: 2/5 Jan 30, 2014 15:59 Send this review to a friend
Lacking capability  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got the RT systems software for use with my IC-7100 and am disappointed. I have prior experience with DSTAR on my ID-880H and ID-51A so this is not my first time working with DSTAR programming. Overall, the software does provide the capability for setting up but does not make it any easier than the ICOM software. The most aggravating shortcoming is the inability to save program files in the ICOM .icf format, even though it can read those files. This means that you cannot program using the SD card, you are forced to use the cable. It is so much easier with the ID-51A and the SD card with the ICOM software. Since I plan to travel a lot, I don't want to carry yet another cable around. RT says they are thinking about adding this capability but don't have a date. Since they can already read the .icf form it would seem a simple thing to write to that format. If I had known about the lack of this capability I would not have bought the software.

W4KVW Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2013 10:57 Send this review to a friend
GREAT software {:>)  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
We used the RT Systems software to program both my ICOM 2820H & ICOM 91AD & it was no problem.I would buy their software again for another rig if needed & I recommend it to others for easy of programming their rigs in a few minutes. {:>)

Clayton
W4KVW

K1AVE Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2013 09:59 Send this review to a friend
Works as advertised  Time owned: more than 12 months
I upgraded to the USB versions of the FT-817, VX-6R and FT-7800 software several years ago and they all work smoothly on my Win XP PC and Win 7 laptop for on the road use. Had a little startup issue and was guided via the phone to a solution - (they called me!).
Also using the ARRL repeater database program and importing the list - easy to do.
Fine products - excellent Support.

W6CAW Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2013 08:25 Send this review to a friend
No problems here  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have 5 versions of RT software from the old serial days to the newer USB versions. Never had a problem or a "bug". I do not like that they have obsoleted the serial support but I guess you have to make a profit in this limited Ham market?