Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | RT Systems Help

Reviews Summary for RT Systems
RT Systems Reviews: 103 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $25
Description: Radio programming software for a variety of Yaesu and Icom hand held and mobile radios.
More info: http://www.rtsystemsinc.com/index.cfm

You can write your own review of the RT Systems.

NI6G Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2013 05:54 Send this review to a friend
Very Plesant Experience  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Please alllow me to preface this Review by stating that I am not negating recent, less-than-stellar ratings.

My experience with RT Systems has been suprisingly pleasant.

Inititally, I purchased a software and cable package for the Yaesu VX-177R directly from RT Systems via telephone.

With a confidence-inspiring, upbeat, timbre, and deportment; not usually encounterred: the woman (regretfully, I can not recall her name) was professional and initmately familiar with every curent RT Systems Products of most update liineage.

As such, I bought more than inititally seeking due to the saleswoman's acumen and encouraging disposition.

Therefore, I sponteanesouly expanded my order, which she happly accepted with a wonderful attitude, quick expediency, and gratitude: to inlcude: the software and cable kit for a TM-V71A; and, although, I don't do much traveling; I added the ARRL 2013-2014 Travel Plus for Repeaters (TM) "Includes the entire ARRL Database".

Really, I was intending to merely "dip my toe in the waters" but am very pleaed with my dealings with RT Stytems. I run Safari 6.0.5, Sea Lion Mozilla, Mountain Lion OS X, 6MB RAM on a mid-2007 iMac; and, a Power Spec PC with a 2.3 GHz Intel processor, too.

No need to run RCA Super Elf II with Cosmat Space-Hardened 1802, greeen monochrone display, 74LS367 Tri-State Hex Buffer, NXP LPC 1768, MSP430, Arduino Nano, Rasberry Pi, Osborne 1, or K&L DeciLog.

Didn't even have to pull out all the fancy DB-9 to USB cables with blinking LEDS out of my drawer,

I'll do business wtih RT Again. No hesitations.

VK3ATX Rating: 1/5 Aug 10, 2013 05:54 Send this review to a friend
RT sysems not user friendly  Time owned: more than 12 months
RT systems over rated hard to deal with time consuming when I bought a second software it took 5 day to get the donwload, when I finely got the software, the cable that was supplied with the first software did not work they denied supplying that first cable.
OK they want $30 dollars for the cable but they want $68 dollars for postage I refuse to pay this ridicules amount and they refuse to help me any further even though I have the software fully paid fore.
there are three other software producers out that I now of and they all outperform RT systems.
CHIRP , G4HFQ , other Chinese

K2AFY Rating: 5/5 Jul 9, 2013 07:56 Send this review to a friend
Reliable Products  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using RT Systems Yaesu programmers for several years. The progamers are intuitive and serve my needs well.

I noticed they added ICOM control cables for the IC-718 and ordered one. The RTS01 cable solved all my problems with controlling my IC-718 since upgrading to windows 7 64 bit.

Some here have complained that you have to use the proprietary cables. I do not see that as an issue since their drivers work. Haven't had a BSOD since i have installed the RTS01 cable.

AL7EK Rating: 1/5 Jun 27, 2013 14:10 Send this review to a friend
ID-51 software not good for DSTAR use  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The ID-51 software is not good if you want to use your handie talkie for DSTAR. The software is not able to properly configure the TO and FROM memory lists when in DSTAR mode. Instead the software forces you to use memory channels to select DSTAR reflectors and repeaters. This is clearly not the way ICOM is heading with their new radios.

I called and talked to RT Systems support. The technician there was not helpful because he did not want to discuss the shortcomings of their software. After wasting time trying to discuss the problem with him, he suggested that my only recourse was to call back in 3 weeks to talk to the developer. RT Systems technical support is not good.

Additionally there are several bugs in the RT System software. Their bank settings do not work, copy and paste is flaky, scrolling is weird. The technician was not interested in hearing about those problems.

At the end of our conversation, the technician suggested I might just want to use ICOMs software. That is a strange attitude for a company like RT Systems to have!

There is one good thing to say about RT Systems. Their USB cable works good when using the ICOM software.

N2MWE Rating: 5/5 Jun 15, 2013 06:50 Send this review to a friend
Very Happy  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm very happy with the RT Systems software. I've been able to cross reference between radios, which makes programming multiple brands a hell of a lot easier. Their support and customer service is unequaled. Worth the money. As far as the cables, considering most new computers do not have serial ports they are also worth it.

KG6NUO Rating: 0/5 May 13, 2013 11:43 Send this review to a friend
Horrible  Time owned: more than 12 months
Anytime there is a problem and I have issues with this radio programming app. The ONLY solution is to reinstall. Seems all the resolution (of which there were about 3 or 4 over some 10 years) has been to reinstall. this last problem - there had been no change except to cloning the HD some 2 to 3 years ago (yes I reinstalled back then - after the drive cloning also).

Phone support was insulting, the developer laughed at me! (less than professional)

WARNING - the current version DEMANDS that one uses a propitiatory USB cable to work with their software. What??? That's right! One cannot use their RS-232 DB 9 Serial Cable nor the USB cable that's included with radio. "We don't want any of that cheap garbage from China." I wonder if they know some of those radios and many of the radio parts are actually made in China?

I have some 20 plus radio programing apps. This is the only one that consistently giving me problems! Why can't this be just an install and forget it like all the other Kenwood, GE, Vertex, Motorola, GRE, et al apps?

I am guessing that the developer I was talking to has not heard of TrueCrypt and other stable open source applications. I guess that is his ignorance or is it arrogance (with his laughing) showing through saying that there is NO open source applications in the world that are stable. This only showing the mind set of those the last phone call was dealing with over the phone.

AD5KL Rating: 0/5 Apr 6, 2013 18:40 Send this review to a friend
Rip Off  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought a USB cable new with my Wouxun HT. Decided to try the "improved" software from RT. Only catch is you HAVE to pay extra for THEIR cable. Software is rigged so you cannot use the USB cable that is sold with your radio. The cheapie free program allows you to manually configure your COM ports & it works like a charm. This program does not, obviously to force you to buy another proprietary cable. Rip off, won't buy from them again.

SY1AKE Rating: 5/5 Apr 2, 2013 04:03 Send this review to a friend
Program & cable that works  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Program works without any problem. For time to time updates for the program. The cable works excellent at win 7 x64.

W7ALR Rating: 3/5 Apr 1, 2013 18:50 Send this review to a friend
usb plug falls apart  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Software is great, but the cable is cheap. The usb plug pushed into the plastic housing. rt sent me a new plug, and the same problem. I finally took it apart and used a hot glue gun to hold the metal part of the usb in place. I paid $45.00 for the kit and I will not buy another one.

N8VZ Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2013 13:07 Send this review to a friend
Works like a charm!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I first purchased programming software from RT Systems at Dayton a few years ago for one of my HTs. Since then I've purchased kits for other HT and mobile rigs and just recently for an HF rig. In all instances the software worked as advertised. Setup was also easy. One neat feature of RT Systems software is that one can cut and paste between many of the different supported radios. So, for intance, if you entered data (frequencies, labels, etc) for one HT you can simple paste that information into the software for another HT or mobile rig. In short quality products from a quality company!