Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | RT Systems Help

Reviews Summary for RT Systems
RT Systems Reviews: 86 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $25
Description: Radio programming software for a variety of Yaesu and Icom hand held and mobile radios.
More info: http://www.rtsystemsinc.com/index.cfm

You can write your own review of the RT Systems.

K4KAM Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2012 08:34 Send this review to a friend
No issues  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Have used this on the Icom 92ad, icom 31a, and kenwood thd72a no issues what so ever worked like a champ made programming a breeze

N7KFD Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2012 08:15 Send this review to a friend
No Problems Here  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Wow, some people are being really hard on this product. I used it with my Yaesu FT-1900 and it worked like a champ. Easy to program, easy to download.

W4LCM Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2012 21:46 Send this review to a friend
Very pleased  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
No problem using the program and cable.
For me work perfect in a Yaesu FT-7900 and Icom IC-T70A.

Work great with my window 7 laptop, no issue with
drivers or Usb location.
Very easy to use and from time to time the program have up-date.

W2TXB Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2012 14:22 Send this review to a friend
Much Improved Recently  Time owned: more than 12 months
Having used RT Systems hardware and software over the past few years, I have had no problems (not even issues) with their products. Their web site ( http://www.rtsystemsinc.com/ ) is current and provides a lot of information.

I also use the G4HFQ software, which is also excellent... not sure if one is better than the other, as it is a matter of preference. Both work as advertised.

WD4DNG Rating: 0/5 Dec 29, 2012 12:45 Send this review to a friend
Horrible  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Used with Kenwood Tm-V71a,The software is a train wreck,but the USB cable worked!

W8GND Rating: 0/5 Dec 29, 2012 11:02 Send this review to a friend
Doesn't work  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just tried their software with a FT 270, and
it simply won't write to the radio. It looks like
it writes, but it doesn't really do it

Worse, their support address:
www.rtsystemsinc.com is not a valid address.

Had this problem before. Should learn from
experience. Jerry O'Dell, W8GND

N6HPO Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2012 20:20 Send this review to a friend
Great Product/Great Price!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I can add very little to the glowing reviews posted below. No more looking for com ports is just the starting point to praise what RT Systems offers in their software.

I am a C.E.R.T. team member and we use the Yaesu FT-60R exclusively within our group. Programming these radios is so much quicker and simpler and permits so many variations in the software, as others have mentioned here.

Thank you, R.T. Systems!

VE7KTB Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2012 16:24 Send this review to a friend
Great software  Time owned: more than 12 months
I try to be objective with my reviews, but this software does exactly what RT Systems says it will do. I have been using their software for over 2 years with my Yaesu radios. Shortly I will have a Kenwood mobile, and will be buying RT Systems software for it too. To be able to copy and paste between ALL my radios is great. RT Systems software packages allows me to make 'master lists' for ALL my radios regardless of brand or model. Wish I could give them a 10+. Best software I have used yet. Even better than the software for my commercial radios

KC9BUH Rating: 5/5 Sep 26, 2012 05:46 Send this review to a friend
Great software/cable  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have and used many RT Systems software/cable combinations,ver2,ver3 and ver4.
This includeds FT-60,FT-1500,FT-7800,FT-7900,FT-8800,FT-1802,FT-857/897,ID-880,VX-170
and RT Systems' USB >Serial converter(to control HF rigs : HRD,FTB Basic to FT-950,TS-590).
I can not find fault with their software nor their pricing.
Need help,go to the help column in the software.
With Ver4, install the program then plug the USB cable into the computer.It sets up the USB port every time.
I travel alot so I use TravelPlusfor Repeaters,plot my route,transfer to RT System software,
download to my radio and off I go.
IT'S THAT SIMPLE and IT WORKS.
If I could give them an 10 I would.
Now to convince them to write commerial software.
Thanks RT systems for all you do.
Mike
KC9BUH

KB3UHB Rating: 3/5 Sep 24, 2012 18:26 Send this review to a friend
Half baked  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The software does what it should do. Nothing much above or beyond that. The documentation is poor and riddled with errors. I was embarrassed for the guy who wrote it. I guess he couldn't find some literate person to proof it. The cable is proprietary, which I find somehow offensive. $50USD for this is too high, and I won't buy this product for my other radios. Clearly a part-time endeavor with a top shelf price tag.