Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | RT Systems Help

Reviews Summary for RT Systems
RT Systems Reviews: 82 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $25
Description: Radio programming software for a variety of Yaesu and Icom hand held and mobile radios.
More info: http://www.rtsystemsinc.com/index.cfm

You can write your own review of the RT Systems.

WD4DNG Rating: 0/5 Dec 29, 2012 12:45 Send this review to a friend
Horrible  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Used with Kenwood Tm-V71a,The software is a train wreck,but the USB cable worked!

W8GND Rating: 0/5 Dec 29, 2012 11:02 Send this review to a friend
Doesn't work  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just tried their software with a FT 270, and
it simply won't write to the radio. It looks like
it writes, but it doesn't really do it

Worse, their support address:
www.rtsystemsinc.com is not a valid address.

Had this problem before. Should learn from
experience. Jerry O'Dell, W8GND

N6HPO Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2012 20:20 Send this review to a friend
Great Product/Great Price!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I can add very little to the glowing reviews posted below. No more looking for com ports is just the starting point to praise what RT Systems offers in their software.

I am a C.E.R.T. team member and we use the Yaesu FT-60R exclusively within our group. Programming these radios is so much quicker and simpler and permits so many variations in the software, as others have mentioned here.

Thank you, R.T. Systems!

VE7KTB Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2012 16:24 Send this review to a friend
Great software  Time owned: more than 12 months
I try to be objective with my reviews, but this software does exactly what RT Systems says it will do. I have been using their software for over 2 years with my Yaesu radios. Shortly I will have a Kenwood mobile, and will be buying RT Systems software for it too. To be able to copy and paste between ALL my radios is great. RT Systems software packages allows me to make 'master lists' for ALL my radios regardless of brand or model. Wish I could give them a 10+. Best software I have used yet. Even better than the software for my commercial radios

KC9BUH Rating: 5/5 Sep 26, 2012 05:46 Send this review to a friend
Great software/cable  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have and used many RT Systems software/cable combinations,ver2,ver3 and ver4.
This includeds FT-60,FT-1500,FT-7800,FT-7900,FT-8800,FT-1802,FT-857/897,ID-880,VX-170
and RT Systems' USB >Serial converter(to control HF rigs : HRD,FTB Basic to FT-950,TS-590).
I can not find fault with their software nor their pricing.
Need help,go to the help column in the software.
With Ver4, install the program then plug the USB cable into the computer.It sets up the USB port every time.
I travel alot so I use TravelPlusfor Repeaters,plot my route,transfer to RT System software,
download to my radio and off I go.
IT'S THAT SIMPLE and IT WORKS.
If I could give them an 10 I would.
Now to convince them to write commerial software.
Thanks RT systems for all you do.
Mike
KC9BUH

KB3UHB Rating: 3/5 Sep 24, 2012 18:26 Send this review to a friend
Half baked  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The software does what it should do. Nothing much above or beyond that. The documentation is poor and riddled with errors. I was embarrassed for the guy who wrote it. I guess he couldn't find some literate person to proof it. The cable is proprietary, which I find somehow offensive. $50USD for this is too high, and I won't buy this product for my other radios. Clearly a part-time endeavor with a top shelf price tag.

N9APD Rating: 4/5 Jul 9, 2012 02:55 Send this review to a friend
Getting less and less happy  Time owned: more than 12 months
Probably 18 months ago I would have rated them 5 - Great, but changes over the last year have me backing off. I have the software for two of my Yaesu Handhelds, and my Icom IC-208H mobile. I use the software and re-program a lot, as I travel a lot for business and in tornado season I like to be in the know. About every 2 years I upgrade my TravelPlus Repeater software, and when I upgraded this year my V3 RT Systems software would no longer work seamlessly with TravelPlus. OK, I thought, I'll upgrade to a V4 programmer. The problem is that the working 3;rd party cable will not work with my V4 programmer. I swallowed hard and bought the RT Systems cable. The new V4 programmer installed I set out to program my next route - and the programmer will not talk to my Icom. I get comm failures. I tried installing the combo onto different laptops both Win 7 and XP, same result. I'm $90 in on the new software and cable, and they don;\'t work in any combination. I've been in contact with RT systems support... still waiting......

W5RDW Rating: 5/5 Jul 7, 2012 19:03 Send this review to a friend
Software/Cable for Alinco DJ-G29T  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very pleased with the software to program the handheld and the cable to interface my PC to the radio. It took less than a week to receive parts from the time I ordered on-line. Software loaded easily and very easy to use.

W2CYK Rating: 5/5 Jun 19, 2012 21:15 Send this review to a friend
RT Systems software now accesses The World Wide Repeater Direct  Time owned: more than 12 months
V4 of RT Systems software accesses the RFinder - The World Wide Repeater Directory! No more data entry, just query a location on Earth, choose your repeaters, and write them into your radio. What took hours of research and data entry now takes under 5 minutes. A subscription to the World Wide Repeater directory is only US$9.95/year. The WWRD is also accessible from Android or iPhone, just look for RFinder in Google Play/Market or the App Store. The Smartphone clients are also only $9.95.

KJ6NJN Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2012 12:34 Send this review to a friend
The Way To Do It right  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I tried the Icom version of the IC-92AD software and found that, as a well versed Excel user, the management and addition of memories was not satisfactory. The radio control aspect of the 2007 software was good. but it was time to find a more up-to-date method to managed my memories.

After a little searching I found RT Systems, among a few others, and it became the one of choice. Now I can really "manage" as needed; with nice features such as Cut, Paste, and "Drag and Paste to Excel", Export/Import as text and other formats. And ( great feature) I can update my RT files without connecting to the radio, which allows me to quickly add updates and corrections - that are sitting and waiting for the next opportunity to update the radio (i.e., I make changes even while I am active on the radio).

Additionally the software has a feature that lets me search for D-Star sites and assists with populating the memory (Bank B only).

The RT USB cable works fine, but I have to revert back to the Icom USB cable to work with the Icom software (each software requires it's own cable)

Each software, for me, also requires a different Port Number, or Name. By watching either software boot up you can usually see the Port Number/Name to assist with re-connecting to the radio for updates, or file exchanges from your library.

Some needed features are:
1. Ability to operate the radio similar to the Icom Software
2. Ability to "easily" convert the file(s) to other radio's so that we can share our memory libraries. I have started a project to do this manually but I am not that enthusiastic about this approach, and keep stopping the effort.
3. Conversely the Icom software needs to be updated to be competitive. It seems to accept only Upper Case (interfering with importing where lower case has been used), and files cannot be edited without the radio connected to the PC.

If the above fits within your needs ... go for it.

KJ6NJN