Reviews Categories | Receivers: Vintage amateur | Heathkit SB-300 Help

Reviews Summary for Heathkit SB-300
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $265.00
Description: All valve 80-10m SSB/CW/AM receiver

You can write your own review of the Heathkit SB-300.

WB6MYL Rating: 4/5 Sep 28, 2009 15:00 Send this review to a friend
same with the SB-300  Time owned: more than 12 months
I thought I was the only one that had trouble with the VFO tuning system on the SB-300. I still have nightmares of trying to keep that brass wheel on that cheap plastic fiduciary on the freq tuning mechanism without it slipping; fortunately, you had acess to working on the vfo mechanism without dissasembling too much of the receiver.

This was my first SSB receiver and I did enjoy using it; paired it w/ a HX-10 maurader and both provided a lot of fun; receiver was FB for a first SSB receiver, when the tuning wasn't giving me fits. Won't mind finding a nice pair for sale.

GM1FLQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2009 02:46 Send this review to a friend
Built 1966 and still going  Time owned: more than 12 months
Run this receiver in transceive with matching SB-400 transmitter. Receiver was homebuilt in 1966 and is still in fully working condition. Think I may need to change a couple of caps soon but the audio is nice and smooth and I see no major difference in real life performance between this and some up to date kit. Like the SB-400 the vfo tuning is nice and smooth and still accurate to within 1kc - analogue readout obviously.