Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | Alpha 91B Help

Reviews Summary for Alpha 91B
Alpha 91B Reviews: 44 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $2798.00
Description: Replaced by the ALPHA 99.
More info: http://www.rfconcepts.com

You can write your own review of the Alpha 91B.

K2CV Rating: 5/5 Nov 5, 2012 07:03 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Amp !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using my "Bulgarian Alpha" for about 3 years now without any issues. Quick and easy to tune and right on by the numbers. Still capable of legal limit with <50w drive and a KW of headroom from the original tubes. The previous owner sold me this beauty in order to upgrade to an Acom 2000a and based on my experience with amplifiers made by the folks Sofia Bulgaria I'll most likley do the same some day.

Z30A Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2012 14:58 Send this review to a friend
91b  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I love 91b

GW0GEI Rating: 5/5 Jul 26, 2012 14:55 Send this review to a friend
Great product, reliable, and excellent investment  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have owned several UK manufactured hf and vhf amps over the last ten years but gave up on my last "challenger III" amp after it had let me down so many times, especially on 160m at the start of cqww contest.It had to be more or less totally redesigned and modified heavily to make it work reliably for any length of time. I had an acom 1000 for a while prior to that which had been reliable at 400w for three years before a 100w repair just out of warranty. I have used 91bs at various contest stations in the past and had been impressed with its reliability and built in protection. One came up second hand (rare event) at a reasonable price (even rarer) and only two hours drive away so I bought it as the owner was an experienced service engineer and he had just replaced the valves in it and done all recommended mods to it. Twelve months on and I can safely say I am very happy with the amps performance which has been faultless throughout major contests - it just sits there and does its job, quietly and cool with no effort. Now I just need to save up to buy an Alpha for my favourite band 6m! Great job guys.

KG5VK Rating: 5/5 Jul 26, 2012 09:29 Send this review to a friend
it's an Alpha  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
several of my friends own "Arc Welders" for amps
they have little or no protection

the 91b is not an Arc Welder
it is a powerful tool that has great safety features that keep it healthy

after all it is an Alpha !!!

I love my 91b if you find one snap it up, you will not be disappointed

cheers!

Steve
KG5VK

KA2KON Rating: 5/5 Jun 27, 2012 17:06 Send this review to a friend
Alpha 91b is a great affordable amp  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had an Alpha 91b for at least 4 years and it is fantastic. I have tried about everything to kill it and its auto cut off features save me every time. I am a contester and using a sheet of paper with settings I am able to tune the amp very quickly. Recommend it.

K5JYB Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2012 18:03 Send this review to a friend
ALPHA 91b  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased my ALPHA 91B used in '03, looks and performs like new. The amplifier has the original 4CX800A tubes and still puts out legal limit+ on 10-160m with 45-50w input. The 91b is a very dependable and absolutely solid performer.

PA1K Rating: 5/5 Apr 14, 2012 14:10 Send this review to a friend
happy to have one again  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Today i bought an Alpha 91B. Not my first one.
I sold mine a few years ago and now i had the uppertunity to buy an seccond hand like new very low used 91B. Happy to use it again, very low noise and lots of power.
This will be a keeper!!
73 de Bert PA1K
www.pa1k.com

K7FL Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2012 10:43 Send this review to a friend
Great amp  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought my 91b new about 10 years ago. I've used it frequently over the years, primarily contesting or low band DXing. I did return the amp to the factory last year for some upgrades which were accomplished quickly and efficently. Lovely amp.

PY2ADR Rating: 5/5 Nov 2, 2011 14:45 Send this review to a friend
Simply Fantastic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I called Molly asking if she had a good old one cause i was going to USA and was dreaming with an Alpha. She told me about a 91b that was never being used by a costumer etc etc. That's what i was looking for !!! Conclusion: i love my transistorized one but Alpha is a workhorse and will seat on my shack forever. Silent, easy and powerful (reach the red leds easy and smooth).
completely satisfied.
73's
PY2ADR / ZY2C

W2LO Rating: 5/5 May 20, 2011 18:27 Send this review to a friend
Great Amp!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought mine new in 1997 and used it more less continuously until 2009 when I added an Alpha 8410. I still have the 91b and use it along with the 8410. The 91b never missed a single beat, turning out QRO in contact after contact. I replaced the two relays about 5 years ago and did a few changes suggested by Alpha but it is a reliable performer, easy to use, never working hard to produce lots of RF. I wish that the consumer junk I buy were a quarter as good.