Reviews Categories | Electron Tubes | Russian coaxial tetrode GS23B Help

Reviews Summary for Russian coaxial tetrode GS23B
Russian coaxial tetrode  GS23B Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $200
Description: 1500 watt 1000Mhz coaxial tetrode.
copy of 4CX1600

You can write your own review of the Russian coaxial tetrode GS23B.

G4TCB Rating: 5/5 Apr 12, 2009 03:02 Send this review to a friend
Highly recommended performer.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After using a GU43B in My HF amplifier for about a year, my curiosity got the better of me. The amp was running perfectly with no deterioration in output. I decided to try another tube. The GS23b looked like the perfect candidate, as it was a military grade copy of the 4CX1600. I obtained one from EBAY , and after regenerating the vacuum I connected it in grounded grid configuration. The result was about 300 watts with the drive power available (30 watts). I tried grounded cathode, with passive grid, driven with a 4:1 transformer. Results were impressive. A drive of around 10 watts passed the kilowatt mark. Using 2800 volts on the anode, 400 on the screen, and -24 on the grid, the resulting signal is getting excellent reports for linearity and audio quality. The socket was easily fabricated using perforated copper strip and stand-off insulators, and the heater voltage is standard at 6.3. This valve deserves top rating for it's performance and looks beautiful as well.
Cooling is more efficient than the GU43B, so it runs cooler.
Pete Holland G4TCB.