Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Hustler MX-270 Dual Band Help

Reviews Summary for Hustler MX-270 Dual Band
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $64.00
Description: Dual band 2M/440 mag mount

You can write your own review of the Hustler MX-270 Dual Band.

AC0YV Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2013 17:49 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Works very well on 2m and 70cm. I use on 2m most of the time to get better simplex results than my old 19" dual band antenna. I did get a crack in bottom coil when the temperature dropped to the single digits, but it looked like I had it too tightly screwed down. Hustler did a GREAT JOB on replacing it. I have other Hustler antennas and you can't go wrong with Hustler.

NE4W Rating: 4/5 May 30, 2011 08:55 Send this review to a friend
Good build quality, one issue  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I put the antenna on the roof of the car and checked the SWR...it was about 9:1 on the 2m band. I found out the problem was the rubber gasket they supply for mounting between the magnetic base and the loading coil. It's thick enough to prevent the center conductor from making contact. Removing the gasket fixed the issue. I'll put a bead of RTV sealant there instead. Otherwise the antenna seems to be of high quality construction.

KI4VLW Rating: 5/5 Apr 13, 2009 13:58 Send this review to a friend
Execllent antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased this antenna to use on my truck with my Yaesu FT-7800. The antenna is on the roof and even driving 70-80mph the antenna stays put. Also, I can hit repeaters with this setup 70 to 80 miles away and I live in the mountains. I get very good signal reports and the RX is excellent. So I purchased another one for my wife's car, with the same results using her Yaesu FT-90.