Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Motorolla 280 SLK family radio Help

Reviews Summary for Motorolla 280 SLK family radio
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$100
Description: 14 channel compact full feature family radio
More info: http://www.motorolla.com

You can write your own review of the Motorolla 280 SLK family radio.

NS1R Rating: 5/5 Apr 26, 2000 09:24 Send this review to a friend
quality but pricey  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased a pair of these radios for the family to stay in touch at Disneyland and the Shopping Malls. I am the only licensed Ham and I didn't want to spend a lot of $. I got the radios for $64 piece including shipping at Mercata on special.The radio has ctcss encode and decode. At Disneyland I shut off the decode to see that there were quite a few conversations on all the 14 channels so this feature is a MUST. I also like the "LOCK" feature so that the radio won't accidently change channels etc. I have since seen similar radios that have all these features for the $40 a piece catagory and recommend them for families at the Mall, Amusement parks etc. I got at least a mile of clear communication at Disney land. I could reach the Magic Kingdom from the main parking lot. This radio had a built in rechargable battery and puts out 500 Milliwatts on the family frequencies around 460 mhz. I can also install 3 AA batteries if I choose.