Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL Help

Reviews Summary for EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL
EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL Reviews: 42 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $74
Description: EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL is a add-on controller for azimuth-rotors. It supports the control of various rotors by a standard RS232-interface. It might be installed directly into the rotor-controllers housing or in an external housing.
More info: http://schmidt-alba.de

You can write your own review of the EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL.

VE3OP Rating: 5/5 Jan 9, 2015 14:21 Send this review to a friend
Great Products!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After a lot of research, I ordered an ERC-M fully assembled unit to interface my Yaesu G5400B rotor controller to my PC (and to software such as HRD, N1MM).

It arrived within one week. I assembled the pieces, built a cable with the connectors supplied and was up and running within a couple of hours. I do wish I could have purchased a pre-built cable but it wasn't that hard to create my own.

The company has everything you need to control rotors, no matter which rotor you have. If your rotor does not have a built in interface, you can also purchase a "rotor card".

The documentation is unreal - really excellent as you would expect from a German company.

In short, great company, great products and great service - doesn't get any better than that!
I highly recommend Easy Rotor Control (ERC) for all your rotor interfacing needs.

7J1ADS Rating: 5/5 Jan 1, 2015 23:24 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic kit !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a remarkable and easy2do kit. I enjoyed it on a rainy Saturday afternoon. It arrived in less than one week, very good packaging and excessive CD included. Works perfectly with PstRotatorAZ together. I had one question to the support desk regarding calibration and received a very polite, detail and especially helpfull answer within a day - fantastic kit and ufb service! By the way, this experience awaked again my interest in homemade equipment. Thanks a lot for this nice and highly recommendable product.

WB8RJY Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2014 19:16 Send this review to a friend
what a excellent item  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was so tired of operating both a azmuth rotor and an elevation rotor for satellite work.It took the fun out of it.
Now I can. Concentrate on other things like enjoying the
qso, tuning around looking for signals etc.Using a Ham IV for azmuth and a Yaesu 550 for elevation. This thing works
absolutely perfect every time.super easy to calibrate.I have the usb version.Excellent software included on cd rom.
The quality of the boards and. Components are first class.

N8HMG Rating: 5/5 Dec 21, 2014 02:35 Send this review to a friend
As Advertised  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I use a G-5500 as my Azimuth rotor, this rotor control makes using it a lot easier.

K0SF Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2014 07:28 Send this review to a friend
Works Great on Rotating Towers  Time owned: more than 12 months
I can't add much to the reviews herein other than I adapted the Rotor EZ and CDE Ham II box to control my Rohn 55G rotating tower with K0XG rings and base.

It works superbly, I couldn't be happier. Accuracy and repeatability are well within 5 degrees for a full rotation, and over time. I made a reversing circuit so that I could eliminate the open frame relays in the tower base. It was very simple to adapt the Rotor EZ to this circuit and special case usage.

I run the system from my PC. I run Prolog for casual operating, and N1MM for contests. Both work fine with the Rotor EZ.

Anyways, this kit adds a lot more value than the $130 cost Bob charges: it is a great equipment and operating enhancement.

Steve, K0SF

K2QB Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2014 08:29 Send this review to a friend
Superb!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently ordered and installed the ERC-M RS232 kit version to my new Yaesu G1000-DXA rotor. First the quality of the board, parts and enclosure are superb. Should have come to expect that from a German outfit based on the quality of my Optibeam. The kit went together easily with the straight forward and well documented instructions. Testing and calibration were a breeze, and the unit interfaced with my Logger32 and N1MM programs with no problems. The couple of emails I sent to Rene regarding any questions I had were answered quickly and provided me with the information I needed. This may be one of the best if not the best accessory I have added to my shack in a long time. Clicking on a DX spot and seeing the rotor fire up and turn to the correct heading is fantastic! I am sure I will be enjoying this unit for a long time. Thanks Rene for a superb product!

K7FEL Rating: 5/5 Oct 14, 2014 06:53 Send this review to a friend
Works Like a Charm  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Recently installed an ERC USB V4.0 in my Yaesu G450A rotor control box. It works flawlessly. The Yaesu switches still work if needed but the computer interface is excellent. The ERC is incredibly flexible and works with MANY different rotors and logging programs.
Quality is great and company support couldn't be better. The kit took about two weeks to arrive from Germany. Assembly instructions were easy to follow. Great product! Thanks Rene.

VE2DDZ Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2014 15:11 Send this review to a friend
Excellent and very flexible  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have an ERC (kit built) controlling an Az-El set up of two light duty 12v rotators. I have had zero problems with the ERC. It has handled everything I have thrown at it and I know that with all the configuration possibilities that as my set up changes and evolves I will still be able to use the ERC.

OR5A Rating: 4/5 Jun 10, 2014 09:21 Send this review to a friend
Product is top notch  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have the ERC-M (for 2 rotators) in RS-232 version with latest v3.6 firmware loaded. I did not ordered the kit but the preasembled SMD version.
First the positive items:

* Very nice hardware, nice build quality.
* Extensive support for rotators.
* Fantastic calibration tool with extended cal.
* Supports brake/speed control.
* Easy to configure.
* Affordable. Good price/value for money.
* Good support from seller.
* Clear info on kit building or soldering wires.
* Stand-alone, remote, multiple devices all supported.
* Simple or extended housing with display.

The hardware is simply said fantastic. I love the extended calibration, parameters for rotor setup and I love the idea to have the hardware working trough RS232, USB or LAN. A lot of setups can be made.

The only complaint I have is the simple housing is pre drilled with all the holes for all connections. So if like me you only want RS232, you have two big gaps for LAN and USB connectors that are not present. Dust can enter the enclosure. I would have found it nicer to have a choice between housings compatible with the model you choose.

Next I would advise the seller to look for other companies to deliver the orders. Working by post office is old school and I my case almost took 3 weeks to get my order at in my mailbox. Paying the same price for shipping I would prefer a real company that ships orders all over EU in 2 or max. 3 days. Just my two cents. Apart from those small things it is a great controller. If shipping would be better and enclosure would have been without gaps, I would rate 5, now 4 is more accurate.

W2UP Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2014 18:57 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
High quality board, went together easily and works like a charm. Very quick response to emails and quick shipping.